Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Bicyclops posted:

i think there are some gems too, but yeah, nothing important.

also, it's probably the wrong way to do it, but for the bat hallway i just sprint to the end, then turn around and pelt the swarm. you lose a few bars of health to the swarm, but the big bat is easy enough to dodge that you can afford it.

I did that on my main playthrough, but on the no continue challenge I took no chances and killed all the bats individually by jumping and leaning back so they'd impale themselves on my sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

Pressing Select to kick a giant skull in the face(?) for maximum damage ftw.

best feeling in the game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Joan posted:

I did that on my main playthrough, but on the no continue challenge I took no chances and killed all the bats individually by jumping and leaning back so they'd impale themselves on my sword

this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Died because I accidentally picked up Lavawalk boots. Restarting to try and bang out the challenge run. Lmao at how much better the second level is than the first. What the hell were they thinking?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

best feeling in the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actually ify ou do the run to the end strat only one of the medium bats spawns in the big swarm and two shots with the dagger should kill all the little ones before they come next to you, flailing wildly wth the sword should kill the other medium one pretty quickly. from there its just dodging the two medium bats that spawn and then the big bat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its badass that in a game with six select button items three of them basically dont do anything and one of the others sucks completely

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Died because I accidentally picked up Lavawalk boots. Restarting to try and bang out the challenge run. Lmao at how much better the second level is than the first. What the hell were they thinking?

my guess? rentals from blockbuster

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Fungah! posted:

its badass that in a game with six select button items three of them basically dont do anything and one of the others sucks completely

Does the Cloak of Darkness actually reduce the damage you take? It didn't seem to for me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joan posted:

Does the Cloak of Darkness actually reduce the damage you take? It didn't seem to for me

it does but it reduces damaged 1 iif the attack would do more and theres like three enemies in the game that do more than 1 damage at a hit lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Fungah! posted:

it does but it reduces damaged 1 iif the attack would do more and theres like three enemies in the game that do more than 1 damage at a hit lol

jesus christ.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Fungah! posted:

drat, and all you have to give up in return is your ability to see where you are or what you're doing

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
oh good more trees!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Joan posted:

did this every time

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The cloak also doesn't work on bosses which are the only enemies who reliably do > 1 damage that you might want to tank.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

welcome posted:

The cloak also doesn't work on bosses which are the only enemies who reliably do > 1 damage that you might want to tank.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

lol cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome posted:

Thank You Rare

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I am going to participate

Wizards & Warriors

just under the gun. looking forward to Axelay, shmups is a genre i've played a little of and think is cool but haven't really delved into

Cubone
May 26, 2011

this wizard fight is loving bullshit, I'm gonna go eat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cubone posted:

this wizard fight is loving bullshit, I'm gonna go eat

that's how i felt too til i found an area of the map where there was only like two places the wizard could tp to

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
4 hours left gamers

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Esmerelda saved. Immediately fell into a volcano and died, thank God your items stick with you after a continue. I don't think I could live without my Dagger of Power.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
You mean esmarelda

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
How did a british dev do engrish on their nes game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh my God I'm back in the plinko tree only this time I'm going up it?! Christ on a cracker!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's great that when you find a hidden gem it actually impedes your jump like a kaizo block in Mario. Thanks a lot guys. Love it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This castle wall section is deranged. I'm going to kill myself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I made it to the top but I don't have the pink key? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
better late than never

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

olollll

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
these loving flies are vicious jesus christ

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
dagger of throwing? don't mind if i do

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bro the map stopped updating but there's still more levels? This is loving bullshit.

Also lmao but I thought for a second that Larry was gonna be the final boss.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
feeling incredibly powerful with mine dagger

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did I softlock myself or does the game really expect me to sit here farming this enemy spam for 10 minutes just to pay the gem fee? Bullshit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011