Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

If we're going for maximum comedy, Michelle Obama. Won't happen for multiple reasons but I would probably try to record Fox shows for a week after the nomination for whenever I need a laugh.

max comedy would be jimmy carter, who dies two weeks into trumps second term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What makes you think the Democrats will get a chance to nominate someone? There's going to give the nomination to the Republicans as an act of bipartisanship to cross the aisle you know

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

So funny I now want it to happen

That's what we said about Trump being president :negative:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/jenhab/status/1486421704897400837?t=hDvd5sosn0PWG6Xfd02x1w&s=19

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yes, lets leave as much time as possible for a Democratic senator to choke on a chicken bone during lunch and leave the new majority to the Republicans so they can block any nominee.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Feinstein is legit weekend at bernies'ing isn't she

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The RWM could probably do more damage to the party if they suggested that it's filled with republican collaborators than socialcommufascists. And more honest to boot

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

The eyepatch Oath Keeper founder was mostly looking like he was likely to dodge pretrial detention (because the Feds took a year to charge him and he met with FBI agents) until today when a wrinkle was discovered:

It always tracks back to beating a wife/girlfriend.

News flash, don't beat your wife/girlfriend.

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/1486480411286982661

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Stravag posted:

Feinstein is legit weekend at bernies'ing isn't she

Hey, look at all the press Manchin and Sinema are getting, she wants in on that action! :v:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

davecrazy posted:

Yes, lets leave as much time as possible for a Democratic senator to choke on a chicken bone during lunch and leave the new majority to the Republicans so they can block any nominee.

I agree that the wait is bad, but that’s up to Breyer, not any senator.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Afghan refugee convicted of assaulting girl, 3, at Quantico.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us...6VxHPHZm0Zr6-vI

article posted:

The jury in U.S. District Court in Alexandria on Friday found Mohammed Tariq, 24, guilty of abusive sexual contact.

Tariq was arrested in September at Camp Upshur in Quantico after Marines observed him fondling the girl, who was not related to him, above her clothes on her private parts.

According to court papers, Tariq tried to explain through interpreters that his conduct was acceptable in his culture. Efforts to have his statements suppressed were rejected by the judge.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“The quote uses the word ‘girl’…”

immediately regrets clicking through and reading title

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There is some wild rear end poo poo in there and people should read the whole thing. I did like that they thought they had a quick reaction force and they discussed the after affects of the “raid” at a loving Olive Garden.

Also one of the guys who offered to take Flaccid Snake in, described himself as a rideshare driver and political consultant.

Holy poo poo this piece of poo poo used to abuse his kids under the guise of martial arts practice. When he was angry he would tell the kids to practice martial arts with him and would hit the children and apologize claiming it was an accident.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 27, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Holy poo poo this piece of poo poo used to abuse his kids under the guise of martial arts practice. When he was angry he would tell the kids to practice martial arts with him and would hit the children and apologize claiming it was an accident.

Hm I wanna practice baseball practice in.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Yo Mandalorian fans, go check out the latest Book of Boba Fett ep.

It’s basically Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 0. It rules.

The rest of Book of Boba Fett is very uneven, for the record.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

If they aren’t bringing Kyle Katarn back into canon then I don’t care.

my hopes for this were unrealistically heightened with the last episode of season 2 of The Mandalorian; if there are Dark Troopers then there must be Katarn and I will die on this hill

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
gently caress me, I somehow missed the monthly thread switch and only just now noticed the locked October thread at the bottom of my bookmark list. I've been trying to skim the D&D thread for twitter embeds for like 3 weeks and I may now have contact schizophrenia. Send help.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

my hopes for this were unrealistically heightened with the last episode of season 2 of The Mandalorian; if there are Dark Troopers then there must be Katarn and I will die on this hill

I mean, they sorta did. They just called him Cassian.

I like Rogue One way more than I think I do.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Thwomp posted:

I'm still going to watch and enjoy it but man, some of it up to this point feels like I'm whitewater rafting and hitting every rock in the river.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1486449675217604612?t=SoWHVDdi3-Jxux8DLfjdag&s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Maybe it's time I removed my spotify subscription.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ded posted:

I canceled mine last night and left a note. I had already been subscribed to YouTube Premium/Music anyway, so it saves me $10 a month.

Coincidentally, YouTube just yeeted Dan Bongino for vaccine disinfo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Thwomp posted:

It's criminally underrated, Donnie Yen turns everything he touches to gold.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tiny Timbs posted:

I canceled mine last night and left a note. I had already been subscribed to YouTube Premium/Music anyway, so it saves me $10 a month.

Coincidentally, YouTube just yeeted Dan Bongino for vaccine disinfo.

I cancelled my spotify like 2 weeks ago lol, wish I had waited so I could have done it and included this, oh well. Also that's great to know re: Bongino

shame on an IGA posted:

Absolutely.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Just got the USPS ping about the COVID tests about to be delivered today. So https://special.usps.com/testkits if your address hasn't been signed up yet - don't know if they've fixed bugs related to apartment buildings yet.

Also, been seeing a bunch of postings at local stores/etc that they're about to get the three free Fed N95s from the stockpile, so keep your eyes open for those too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Funny thing about those N95s.

Photo from social media:

075th day of 2020, or March fifteenth by common reckoning

I wonder how those came to be in possession of the federal government and why they have remained there all this time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

I wonder how those came to be in possession of the federal government and why they have remained there all this time.

Yeah it should be interesting when people start posting what they got. It's really unknown how much of the stock was part of a Jared Kushner Special and how much was actually part of normal/emergency government contracts.

As for the *why*, it's not a huge surprise. The national stockpile was a clusterfuck when it started to get pulled from and some of the poo poo in there (lol hydroxychloroquine) is pretty comical. And it's really not designed to ever go down to zero and the masks were mostly destined for healthcare folks that eventually got their own sources after the early clusterfuck. Probably nothing nefarious, or at most, basic government incompetence.

Biden's mostly pulling these because hey - gotta do something and KN95s/N95s are now plentiful as manufacturers caught up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am implying that those specimens, at least, are Kushner specials.

By the time Biden took office, healthcare purchasers could order surgical N95s through the usual channels, so whatever, no need to open the spigot, but he really ought to have started refilling the stockpile with excess domestic manufacturing capacity.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yup that was my excitement too. If there's Dark Troopers, there's a good chance Kyle is cannon.

Thwomp posted:

Eh, doesn't fit as a character or back story. I refuse to believe it. For one thing Kyle was trained by Luke and was eventually seated on the New Jedi Council. So it wouldn't match timeline wise.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 27, 2022

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

ded posted:

Thinking the same thing. What is everyone using now instead of Spotify? Also need to find some sort tool that can export about 10 years worth of playlists.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I just play all my stuff locally now. I stopped streaming music years ago

Edit:. Well that's not 100% true. I will putter around on YouTube, looking for new song playlists every once in awhile, to find new stuff. But the bulk of my listening is done playing local files

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 27, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I use amazon prime. There's a free Prime music app with prime subscription that obviously doesn't have everything, and I think it's $7/mo for access to everything. And you can download music to your phone so you're not always burning data.

Sucks that it's more money to Bezos, but it's cheaper than the competition and the selection is pretty good.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Thinking the same thing. What is everyone using now instead of Spotify? Also need to find some sort tool that can export about 10 years worth of playlists.

Amazon Music is really good to me. They have high def, ultra high def, and spatial audio support if your headphones support it. I can’t think of the last time I couldn’t find a son in their catalog. I believe it’s included with Prime. I pay $5.99 for a family plan so my wife can play music on her Alexa Echo speaker in the kitchen and I can stream in my shop on my Bose speakers.

A++ would recommend. Of note, I don’t listen to a ton of brand new music, but they seem to have plenty of that. They have all of Johnny Cash, Jon Prine, and The Highwaymen, and Bob Dylan.

Jon Prine should be a patron saint of GiP for the song “Sam Stone” alone. YouTube link: https://youtu.be/OLVWEYUqGew

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Or he’ll this Jon Prine song: https://youtu.be/sRCLHBhZPQ4

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You need to check out Zephaniah Ohora, shim. Starts at 15sec in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5zAM9Vb-dM

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Thwomp posted:

Oh nice, looking forward to it. Took a break for a few weeks after the episode with the tedious teenage low speed car chase but glad to know it gets better. If they wanted to stop setting movies/shows on Tatooine, the dullest of planets, or limiting them to one per season I’d be fine with that.

shame on an IGA posted:

For sure it’s my second favorite SW film only after empire, and has the best space battle. What if battle of Endor, except all the digital effects are figured out and the ground fight makes sense? I liked Mike Duncan’s observation that it’s the rare film about an insurgency that shows factionalism and infighting rather than one happy struggle.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Someone I know did a brief breakdown of pro/cons a while back so here it is, I switched to Apple Music and the algorithms are total dogshit (my preferred genres aren't even options on their "listen now" feature lol) but the playback/catalogue is equivalent. If you have a ton of playlists you want to move over, there's an app called SongShift that will do it for you. I didn't add "actively funds and promotes anti-vax propaganda and probably more of your subscription money goes to Joe Rogan than literally all the artists you listened to this month combined" as a con under Spotify but you can if you want.

quote:

YouTube Music
Pros:
* You can upload 50k of your personal mp3 collection for streaming
* includes ad-free YouTube and ability to listen to YouTube videos with screen locked
Cons:
* loving sucks in general compared to the old Google Play Music
* no upload manager like Google Play Music had. You have to manually upload your own music
* no "power user" features like being able to select multiple tracks when editing playlists
* the algorithms/suggestions/curated playlists suck
* no lossless audio option

Spotify
Pros:
* best algorithms/suggestions/curated playlists
* easy to make and edit playlists
Cons:
*can't upload your personal collection for streaming
* no lossless audio option. they said it was coming in 2021, but never did. Apple offering it in their base plan may have made them reconsider.

Apple Music
Pros:
*best lossless audio option. lossless audio included in base price, and entire catalog is available in lossless
* easy to make and edit playlists
* you can upload 100k songs from your personal collection for streaming, and it's auto-updated
Cons:
* lossless audio not available in iTunes client on PC. there's a workaround by using the Apple Music app on an Android emulator
* lossless audio doesn't work with wireless speaker systems such as Sonos, etc, though apparently it's coming very soon

Amazon Music
Pros:
*lots of lossless music
* best price
* lossless audio works with some wireless speaker systems such as Sonos, etc
Cons:
*worst UI/UX. making playlists is tedious

Tidal
Pros:
* lossless audio
* algorithms/suggestions/curated playlists are good
* lossless audio works on wireless speaker systems such as Sonos, etc
Cons
* very expensive compared to other options w/ lossless audio
* can't upload personal collection for streaming

Bandcamp
Pros:
* you own everything you buy
* artists MUCH more fairly compensated
Cons:
* no subscription service
* streaming catalog limited to your purchases
* no recommended playlists, but the recommendations for what similar uses have purchase are spot-on, and you can find great stuff with just a little more work.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Worst UI is true for amazon, but I tend to listen to whole albums anyhow, so playlists are not a big deal at all.

I do sometimes like amazons suggested playlists, it's how I keep falling into folk holes.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Late to Boba/Mando chat, but did I see a loving Niven ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Worst UI is true for amazon, but I tend to listen to whole albums anyhow, so playlists are not a big deal at all.

I do sometimes like amazons suggested playlists, it's how I keep falling into folk holes.

Yeah, it’s similar to how lovely the UI/UX for Amazon Prime Video is. Honestly, it’s a shame for both as they have amazing libraries and just neat stuff, but the problem is half the time you don’t even know it exists.