Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

NFX posted:

better than the star link kessler syndrome

starlink cant kessler anything, they're too low and deorbit themselves. They can however gently caress up land based astronomy, for as long as spacex remains alive + 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I would absolutely love to see Musktwitter try to justify demolishing the stuff we left on the moon as "No, Actually this is good"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FilthyImp posted:

I would absolutely love to see Musktwitter try to justify demolishing the stuff we left on the moon as "No, Actually this is good"

"Will have monitoring equipment watching impact. This really is priceless data. Could help us deal with future possible asteroid impact events - there i go again, saving humanity once more" - elon musk

there you go.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jonny 290 posted:

"Will have monitoring equipment watching impact. This really is priceless data. Could help us deal with future possible asteroid impact events - there i go again, saving humanity once more" - elon musk

there you go.

jonny muskposting is art

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i feel bad for the monitoring equipment that has to watch impact

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Everyone with a lunar orbiter, rover, or lander is going to be be watching this for the impact science data. All things considered, it's not a bad outcome.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fart Sandwiches posted:

jonny muskposting is art

Jonny 290 posted:

This really is priceless data.

specifically its an eva work-in where two thirds of the entire world's navy force gets loving destroyed by an evangelion using aircraft carriers as hopscotch spots by a 14 year old girl and ritsuko akagi says this

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

‘Neil Armstrong was a pedo’

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I don't get how the cybertruc is going to pass any pedestrian or crash safety regulations. where's the crumple zone if it's all stainless steel. doesn't look like you have much of a chance if it hits you at basically any speed

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

distortion park posted:

I don't get how the cybertruc is going to pass any pedestrian or crash safety regulations. where's the crumple zone if it's all stainless steel. doesn't look like you have much of a chance if it hits you at basically any speed

aren’t all full sized trucks like this? it’s probably a telling reason why you don’t see f-150s in Europe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

GWBBQ posted:

Everyone with a lunar orbiter, rover, or lander is going to be be watching this for the impact science data. All things considered, it's not a bad outcome.

Jonny 290 posted:

there you go.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"this is what its gonna look like when the starship smashes into the moon!"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the trukkkk, the roadster, and the semi all got delayed by another year, so ol' musky is talking up his hilarious bullshit robot

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/27/22903540/elon-musk-tesla-bot-roadster-semi-cybertruck-delayed

some paedo guy posted:

So, in terms of priority of products, I think actually the most important product development we’re doing this year is actually the Optimus humanoid robot. This, I think, has the potential to be more significant than the vehicle business over time. If you think about the economy, it is — the foundation of the economy is labor. Capital equipment is distilled labor. So, what happens if you don’t actually have a labor shortage? I’m not sure what an economy even means at that point. That’s what Optimus is about. So, very important.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gschmidl posted:

I want it to hit the Apollo landing site so bad.

its going to hit the far side of the moon

note: not the dark side of the moon. as an aside, my dad claims that freshmen in his intro to astronomy classes stopped getting his pink floyd jokes on the subject in the early 90s but i think they're just bad

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

aren’t all full sized trucks like this? it’s probably a telling reason why you don’t see f-150s in Europe

You can buy f150s in France but between import costs and taxes you're looking at >$100,000 so you have to be pretty dumb. Presumably the cybertruck wouldn't even be legal

mystes
May 31, 2006

distortion park posted:

If they ever actually make it it's probably just going to have to be plastic with metallic paint

It feels more like they're just pretending to work on it occasionally so they don't have to refund people's deposits or something

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
what a cheap motherfucker

https://twitter.com/TechInsider/status/1486649082563239936

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

FMguru posted:

the trukkkk, the roadster, and the semi all got delayed by another year, so ol' musky is talking up his hilarious bullshit robot

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/27/22903540/elon-musk-tesla-bot-roadster-semi-cybertruck-delayed

some paedo guy posted:

So, in terms of priority of products, I think actually the most important product development we’re doing this year is actually the Optimus humanoid robot. This, I think, has the potential to be more significant than the vehicle business over time. If you think about the economy, it is — the foundation of the economy is labor. Capital equipment is distilled labor. So, what happens if you don’t actually have a labor shortage? I’m not sure what an economy even means at that point. That’s what Optimus is about. So, very important.

my body is ready for the optimus subprime mortgage crisis

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

For anyone else it's 5k, for you musky boy it's 10 million.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

distortion park posted:

stainless steel is softer than carbon steels typically used on car bodies. crumple zones should be the same as far as occupant safety goes provided they engineer it right (this is a load-bearing "provided" given the company being discussed)

pedestrian safety probably isn't worse than any other 4000+ lb vehicle hitting you. i'm sure nhtsa will disapprove them until they add some real bumpers, which elon will whine about and blame yet another year-long delay on designing this difficult piece of a car, but in the end, you're still getting hit by a 4000+ lb vehicle

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 27, 2022

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

November Six Two Eight Tango Sierra

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=a835af&lat=20.531&lon=-129.026&zoom=3.9&showTrace=2022-01-25

click the history +/- buttons to see where he has been. looks like he went to hawaii for the weekend but is back in texas now.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I hope after he takes it down he immediately starts a new website tracking Elon's facial hair.

Whizbat!
Jan 22, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sigh.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1486772334635536395

Bigger sigh.

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1486779164892049412

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1486806256027422730?s=20&t=mx22RUIXyWJQqV4PAgx9zw

if you ignore the regulations on the use of cb radios, yes, this is true

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I would beat them both to death with my bare hands if I was ever within striking distance

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Endless Mike posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1486806256027422730?s=20&t=mx22RUIXyWJQqV4PAgx9zw

if you ignore the regulations on the use of cb radios, yes, this is true

Sounds like Apartheid Clyde could use some CB Training (CBT).

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

This appears to be the context:

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1486777018738003969

mystes
May 31, 2006

Of course it's something like this

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dubbed the Flu Trux Klan.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
MN who takes advantage of gov largesse complains about gov

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

FMguru posted:

some paedo guy posted:

so Elon thinks that the solution to the problem of labor is humanoid robots? the man is thick as poo poo

mystes
May 31, 2006

toiletbrush posted:

so Elon thinks that the solution to the problem of labor is humanoid robots? the man is thick as poo poo
Elon thinks the solution to the problem of number needs to go up is person dressed up as humanoid robot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why am i supposed to believe that a man who can't even build a car with doors that close straight will be able to build a robot that is a hundred times more advanced than any other robot on the planet?

no, seriously, what is his argument here?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Yeah they are the worst type of trucker and elon is a nazi lover

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there is no humanoid robot, it is literally a dancer in a suit and I really hope the people “working on it” are just taking elons money and spending it on comic books or drugs

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

well, I had been promising a product that would one day put truckers out of a job, but now that I think truckers rule, I will show them mercy by delaying my product launch until 2020 2021 2022 2023, and not a moment later

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the honda robot that falls down stairs cost multiple billions of dollars and took like a decade to get that good. it also had an hour of battery life

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

why am i supposed to believe that a man who can't even build a car with doors that close straight will be able to build a robot that is a hundred times more advanced than any other robot on the planet?

no, seriously, what is his argument here?

he imagineered it so it's fait accompli, missed deadlines are just meaningless quibbles in the face of innovation in service of humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blotto_Otter posted:

well, I had been promising a product that would one day put truckers out of a job, but now that I think truckers rule, I will show them mercy by delaying my product launch until 2020 2021 2022 2023, and not a moment later

i love candian truckers, also, this product i announced years ago that still doesn't even have a prototype built was designed entirely to put truckers out of work