Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

malls were garbage in a lot of ways but if you had to stop at multiple stores, it was way better than the modern outdoor big box outlet hell where 90% of your time is spent navigating parking lots with no walking room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this particular picture has a poster for a movie that came out a month ago. clearly the aesthetic still exists some places

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Man, the whole "Mall music audio effects" thing is beyond haunting. I love it.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

dead mall chat reminded me to hang a print today that I bought months ago

come to think of it I’ve got a few paintings/prints that are pretty YOSPOS, including some photography from Dan Bell:

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 27, 2022

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

https://soundcloud.com/naiaddaiad/toto-africa-naiad-daiad-re?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

yo, that kicks rear end!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

pastor of muppets posted:

dead mall chat reminded me to hang a print today that I bought months ago

come to think of it I’ve got a few paintings/prints that are pretty YOSPOS, including some photography from Dan Bell:

those are very awesome

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rad

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the tiger one is awesome

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

where to get those? :3:

not that i wanna be a biter but wanna see what else they got. my walls are bare and i need some stuff.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

the tiger and the goldfish are both from The People's Print Shop
the goldfish WAS out of print, but it looks like they’re doing another run

the Dan Bell ones are from his Etsy shop which is apparently closed

the angler is actually one of MY paintings

Vintersorg posted:

not that i wanna be a biter but wanna see what else they got. my walls are bare and i need some stuff.

please be a biter! art is for everyone :)

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 27, 2022

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ok lets do some home arts sharing, gotta be better than the several-page puke chat derail a few pages back.

In the front room; A framed print from Onstad back in 2006, got a 'hey found a few pieces of deadstock' email and jumped on it.

Stuck in the corner of my office; An original theater poster from VIOLENT COP that was extremely hard to find in this style.

Over the bed; Pete Murphy from Bauhaus' appearance at the start of THE HUNGER, printed on a stretched canvas frame I had a big discount code for. Its very me :o:

Next to the bed; Another discount large-scale stretched box canvas - I ran a portrait I shot of burlesque starlet KATRINA DARLING (go and google if you must) through an app that spit out these colour-wheel pics, and I really liked the effect. I keep thinking its been there for like eight years, I should put something new up, but I never found anything to replace her yet. (the original is here)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
cool deer head

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

cool deer head

lol the parents visited shortly after I moved in here about 12 years back and Fatha had a gift for me You have to close your eyes - pulled out of a house-renovation dumpster while out for an evening walk around the neighbourhood :o:

I had it sat on the sofa while they were here and the family dog was severely distrustful of it, he always had one ear and one eyebrow tweaked in its direction the whole time he was in the room.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Over the bed; Pete Murphy from Bauhaus' appearance at the start of THE HUNGER, printed on a stretched canvas frame I had a big discount code for. Its very me :o:

holy crap, i've seen images of this setup on tumblr but had no idea it was yours

that owns

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I have this up on the wall behind me

I have this DK poster on my fridge door

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 27, 2022

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drat I remember buying the Ankh Morpork map way back when I was a kid reading the Pratchett books for the first time, it came folded up in a card case and when you unfurled it completely it was huge.

psiox posted:

holy crap, i've seen images of this setup on tumblr but had no idea it was yours

that owns

:mmmhmm:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 27, 2022

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

not exactly “art” or “YOSPOS” but here is my cat Layla rendered as the cover of Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

original:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't have too much geeky stuff up because I share my house with a normal person, but I do have this blown up and framed:

also a fancy canvas print of this which someone got me as a gag gift:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

drat I remember buying the Ankh Morpork map way back when I was a kid reading the Pratchett books for the first time, it came folded up in a card case and when you unfurled it completely it was huge.

I got a big blank wall behind me so I put it up, maps are great to look at when you're high and I love discworld

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sagebrush posted:

this particular picture has a poster for a movie that came out a month ago. clearly the aesthetic still exists some places

citrus park, fl
https://www.reddit.com/r/VaporwaveAesthetics/comments/p0gf1v/vapor_theatre/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Armitag3 posted:

Bring back malls. Well the 80s ones

u can ride there on this

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

One last décor - I had this TKMAXX deer-skull-on-a-stick for ages before I bought a prism Cheap from China via AliX, it projects a small patch of Pride that moves across the bedroom on sunny days.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
skulls are super cool if you're not a weirdo. well, a cigar smoking youtube background weirdo

mystes
May 31, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

One last décor - I had this TKMAXX deer-skull-on-a-stick for ages before I bought a prism Cheap from China via AliX, it projects a small patch of Pride that moves across the bedroom on sunny days.

Excellent album cover energy

Chris Knight posted:

u can ride there on this

Can I get it in Jazz?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i have a bunch of high life mirrors, a johnny five-aces print, and lots of other assorted stupid poo poo no pics available lest my corpulent form be seen in one of the mirrors

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my empty wall spaces are mostly covered with bookshelves and more bookshelves

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
you're allowed 2 skulls and 1 flea market porcelain wizard or dragon if it's super tacky

if you own an intricate bong or a glass pipe you forfeit porcelain dragon privileges

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i've got a nice gustav moreau print on my wall. Well it was nice but it's pretty faded at this point, I should get a replacement.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

the dopey part of this is that ctrl-alt-del only has significance in Windows and that's a Mac bluetooth keyboard back when they still forced you to use AA batteries

Snake (who I thought was dead) is intentionally covering the command and option keys which would prove this beyond a doubt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
page 290 awareness day

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
I finally found a 50 inch art deco frame that matched the reproduction Metropolis poster I had bought a year or so ago.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

very nice, the goonspi racist

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

best punk album from 1981

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CASIO QL 10 CIGARETTE LIGHTER Calculator

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
not quite friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqqrbgJbuw

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

i have gigantic framed prints of these on my walls

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
are those the default ubuntu desktop backgrounds

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think it's from the magic card game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

i want to laugh at echi's "i talked to a person that fucks disabled children" post but i also intellectually agree with it and also am glad he found somebody to gently caress him

WHAT