Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS SAMMY 94 76.42%
WARDLOW 2 1.63%
IC VS STABS BOYS 0 0%
VELVET VS HIRSH 2 1.63%
ORANGE VS COLE 25 20.33%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

What's that? Did I read the chart wrong?

If you mean the chart is only people in the demo, I already knew that.

The chart says 3.7milion people watched Tucker.

More people watched Vanderpump Rules though, so at least there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Very nice, very evil.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm really curious to see the quarters for last night's show. I'm worried the number plummeted for Leyla/Velvet :(

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Also holy cow:

He's over.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Dango Bango posted:

I'm really curious to see the quarters for last night's show. I'm worried the number plummeted for Leyla/Velvet :(

the tbs shows have all followed the same pattern so far: huge first segment because of the lead-in. and then a more stable baseline after that without much variance. i think it'll be like that for a while, but at least that ensures the show opens with either the first or second best match of the night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the numbers probably did plummet during and after the horrible match (stabs boys. just kidding)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

danhausen could be the face painted weird uncle to the darby allin family since sting is disappointed dad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probly the funniest thing about danhausen is him being listed as 6'4" on google. from wrestling. but online.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I keep hearing about how awful the Leyla/Velvet match was, so did I miss something? Like, it was kinda scrappy and an off night for both, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. The crowd disengagement was disappointing, but that seems to be the deal with women's wrestling in the US more often than not.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CombineThresher posted:

I keep hearing about how awful the Leyla/Velvet match was, so did I miss something? Like, it was kinda scrappy and an off night for both, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. The crowd disengagement was disappointing, but that seems to be the deal with women's wrestling in the US more often than not.

people are real critical of the aew women's division in general

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

It was pretty good but the crowd lost interest but it's just something that has to happen to get mid-card women's feuds over in time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Danhausen is just 40,000 Twitter likes overnight over

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The match was fine. Nothing special but nowhere near a train wreck.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CombineThresher posted:

It was okay, nothing great, nothing bad. People are being far too hard on it due to the other matches being as wild as they were.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

always feels like the forum is extra down on matches where the crowd is comparatively quiet, as well. which, for various reasons I'm sure a number of us are aware of, is often the one womens match of the night.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Procrastinator posted:

always feels like the forum is extra down on matches where the crowd is comparatively quiet, as well. which, for various reasons I'm sure a number of us are aware of, is often the one womens match of the night.

Honestly this forum is being a lot kinder to that match than other places I've seen today. I was wondering if I'd missed something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ya missed it

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It was a perfectly average match I thought

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

The Last Call posted:

Also holy cow:

He's over.

Most YouTube views from last night's show as well, although they do space their videos out over the day. People love that Danhausen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Danhausen is only internet over

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Not too long ago I read an argument elsewhere that posited some of the hyper-criticism of the women's matches is a result of only doing one per show, which causes people to put undue focus on evaluating it since there's nowhere else for their attention to go. Leyla and Velvet getting wobbly for stretches would likely not be perceived as such a big deal if you also had Stat or Hayter or Riho or Rosa putting on their typical bangers further up the same Dynamite card

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Woulda saved Red Velvet/Leyla for the next Dark taping

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it wasn’t very good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Not too long ago I read an argument elsewhere that posited some of the hyper-criticism of the women's matches is a result of only doing one per show, which causes people to put undue focus on evaluating it since there's nowhere else for their attention to go. Leyla and Velvet getting wobbly for stretches would likely not be perceived as such a big deal if you also had Stat or Hayter or Riho or Rosa putting on their typical bangers further up the same Dynamite card

It's also because it makes you think "why are these two on my TV instead of *insert like 15 other women that rule and would put on a better match*" when you only have one match

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"why isn't leyla hirsch on my tv every week i need her out there putting on great matches"

*leyla hirsch has a long tv match*

"what the gently caress is this garbage get this trash off my screen, there's so many better women who need screen time"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alaois posted:

"why isn't leyla hirsch on my tv every week i need her out there putting on great matches"

"what the gently caress is this garbage get this trash off my screen, there's so many better women who need screen time"

Get your microphones out of my living room

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

it wasn’t very good

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Leyla vs Red Velvet was good. Can't wait to see what heel Leyla does next!

Leyla vs Riho would be cool. I know they were in Stardom at the same time, but not sure if they ever faced each other.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hoping that after the Lance match, Minoru Suzuki comes out to challenge Hangman lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

I want it officially on the record that I never said the first part

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Drawhausen

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
The match was not very good. Sometimes matches aren’t. It’s okay

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
People around here really love getting worked up over arguments they made up in their own head.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Becky Lynch had a decent quote about that to the effect of "If the men go out and have a bad match they have a bad match, if I go out and have a bad match there's a discourse incoming about women's wrestling as a whole"

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wardlow is the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-thZhzqVomw

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
The Santana & Ortiz match was also not very good, which is disappointing because everyone in that match rules. But it also did it’s job of continuing the story while Eddie heals up so whatever

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cocaine is Abel posted:

The Santana & Ortiz match was also not very good, which is disappointing because everyone in that match rules. But it also did it’s job of continuing the story while Eddie heals up so whatever

idk what people expected, you're not exactly gonna get a 5 star match with 2.0. they'll do better when they're free from the inner circle and can go back to having barroom brawls with Big Trent and Chuckie

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wish Red Velvet gets some character building. I've watched pretty much everything for the last 5 months and the things I've learned about her so far are:
1) fine in the ring, not top-5, but maybe in the top-10 of the current roster
2) does baking dance
3) gets almost zero face reactions, which makes me feel bad for her

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

So, why is Danhausen so over? Is he popular on YouTube or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

is this Danhouse guy related to the kiss demon