Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
A quote about women characters in films, no idea who said it, possibly an academic because I heard it in a cult films class in college.

It's something like "we aren't interested in how a woman <something> us, we are interested in how she betrays us"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Tumble posted:

A Kids in the Hall sketch. I swear to God it existed but it may be kinda scrubbed due to its offensiveness.

It's two characters, I can't remember who played them exactly but I think one was Dave Foley. They're at an island vacation spot (I think) and one guy is trying to sell the other guy (I think Foley) all sorts of stuff and the guy keeps saying he isn't interested. Finally the guy says "You uhh... want a sex with young island boy?" And the other guy is like "I thought you'd never ask" and the guy says "Fifty dollars" which the guy is fine with, and the other guy says "Hah you should have haggle I would have gone as low as twenty" and the other guy says "I'd have paid a hundred."

It is funnier than I'm making it out to be but it appears lost to time.

Season 4 Episode 19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rG041b3XQ&t=127s
I was looking for sketch names that seemed likely to be it. I would have missed it except it's followed by "Chargin' Ya", which actually refers to criminal charges, not money. This sketch you were looking for is titled "Ricardo" which I passed while scrubbing through.

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 29, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Youtube suckered me into watching this terrible video thanks to its thumbnail, but the picture in the thumbnail doesn't appear in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Mom9aiohE&t=366s

It's a picture of some small island fort battery that I assume was turned into a private residence.

I just want to know where it is lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

DoomLazer posted:

Season 4 Episode 19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rG041b3XQ&t=127s
I was looking for sketch names that seemed likely to be it. I would have missed it except it's followed by "Chargin' Ya", which actually refers to criminal charges, not money. This sketch you were looking for is titled "Ricardo" which I passed while scrubbing through.

Yeah that was funny funny but the actor makes it nervous funny.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Youtube suckered me into watching this terrible video thanks to its thumbnail, but the picture in the thumbnail doesn't appear in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Mom9aiohE&t=366s

It's a picture of some small island fort battery that I assume was turned into a private residence.

The thumbnail for that video that I get is a picture of the host's face. Can you screen grab the thumbnail it's showing you? (Or have I done something quite dumb, and I'm looking at the wrong thing?)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Milo and POTUS posted:

Solent forts perhaps?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Slugworth posted:

The thumbnail for that video that I get is a picture of the host's face. Can you screen grab the thumbnail it's showing you? (Or have I done something quite dumb, and I'm looking at the wrong thing?)

Oh my god I posted the wrong thing hold on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBja-4mS_nM

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Warning: contains Home adventure

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

It’s not, but looks similar to Fort Boyard, a French 19th century on the Atlantic coast. Maybe that’s completely useless information.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Alexander_(Saint_Petersburg)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG15A-nPPZw

E: I took a screenshot of the fort from the Youtube thumbnail and put it through google image search and it gave me the answer immediately

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Tumble posted:

A Kids in the Hall sketch. I swear to God it existed but it may be kinda scrubbed due to its offensiveness.

It's two characters, I can't remember who played them exactly but I think one was Dave Foley. They're at an island vacation spot (I think) and one guy is trying to sell the other guy (I think Foley) all sorts of stuff and the guy keeps saying he isn't interested. Finally the guy says "You uhh... want a sex with young island boy?" And the other guy is like "I thought you'd never ask" and the guy says "Fifty dollars" which the guy is fine with, and the other guy says "Hah you should have haggle I would have gone as low as twenty" and the other guy says "I'd have paid a hundred."

It is funnier than I'm making it out to be but it appears lost to time.

I remember that one. I think it was the boy that was trying to sell him stuff in the first place. If I remember correctly it was Dave Foley as the man and Scott Thompson as the boy. Not 100% but I'm guessing I saw it on one of the DVDs. I only had Seasons 1 and 2, so it was probably somewhere in those seasons.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I remember that one. I think it was the boy that was trying to sell him stuff in the first place. If I remember correctly it was Dave Foley as the man and Scott Thompson as the boy. Not 100% but I'm guessing I saw it on one of the DVDs. I only had Seasons 1 and 2, so it was probably somewhere in those seasons.

its two posts up (:

e: okay like 6 or so haha

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

There was a Burger King commercial in the late ‘90s / early ‘00s which went something like this:

quote:

A young black customer walks up to the counter of a generic burger place.

CUSTOMER: I’ll have a cheeseburger. No pickles.

CASHIER (rolling his eyes): Let me check.

In the back, the cashier calls a manager on the phone.

CASHIER (into phone): He says he wants his burger without pickles!

The manager, on his cell phone, is driving a convertible. He might have been played by David Anthony Higgins.

MANAGER: Steve, I can’t authorize that! Call Tom!

Tom, an old guy behind a huge wooden desk, pores over a thick book of regulations and eventually finds the answer.

TOM: Yes!

The approval travels back up the line. The cashier nods to the cook, who flicks the pickle slices off the burger.

CASHIER (into phone): You’re on fire, sir!

The rest of the commercial is standard Burger King “have it your way” stuff. I’m looking for it because years later, I watched a Mr. Show sketch (which predates the commercial) with at least surface similarities, and I’d like to see the ad again to confirm whether it was an outright ripoff. It aired frequently for at least a full summer and ads from the same time period are pretty well documented between marketing websites, contemporaneous snark blogs and current-day YouTube compilations, but I’ve never been able to find a trace of this one. Ring a bell for anybody?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Alexander_(Saint_Petersburg)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG15A-nPPZw

E: I took a screenshot of the fort from the Youtube thumbnail and put it through google image search and it gave me the answer immediately

screenshot, doh. I kept trying to click and drag or copy paste it

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Sid Vicious posted:

its two posts up (:

e: okay like 6 or so haha

Oops. Missed a page break.
:bang:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I'm trying to remember a USA Up All Night movie from somewhere between 1996 and 1999 I wanna say. It had a girl who I think was a nerd or something, but something happened to her to make her hot. Throughout the movie she gets in sexual situations, but she turns into a fish creature when it happens. I looked through a letterboxd list of Up All Night movies, but couldn't find it. Anyone know what movie this is?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

There's a ~25 second long video from not too long ago, possibly a TikTok. A girl is looking at a computer screen displaying Google Translate, with the word "yo." In different languages, she repeats the pronunciation in English, Spanish, Portugese, French, etc. When she gets to Japanese, the SFX from the below video play, while the camera zooms in on her eyes as she emotes in time with the music, making extremely goofy faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

It's SO GODDAMN STUPID and I love it so much but I haven't seen it in AGES!

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

There was an article in "Vanity Fair" or maybe "Rolling Stone" that have minute-by-minute outlines of what people who were directly involved experienced on 9/11. I know it starts with one of the pilots getting out of bed for the morning and talking about his routine. It had the time in there for all the events.

It came out either in 2001 or 2002, and I've been searching for it ever since.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

A MINIATURE LLAMA posted:

There was an article in "Vanity Fair" or maybe "Rolling Stone" that have minute-by-minute outlines of what people who were directly involved experienced on 9/11. I know it starts with one of the pilots getting out of bed for the morning and talking about his routine. It had the time in there for all the events.

I don't know the article, but you might be interested in this book which takes that approach with the people in the towers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/102_Minutes

America
Apr 26, 2017

Which episode of the sitcom Night Court featured a woman (I think dating John Larroquette's character) tracking her ovulation for conception purposes, leading to her screaming "I'm peaking! I'm peaking!" in the middle of a trial?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I think that was "102 Minutes", but it originally appeared in the NY Times IIRC.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Trying to find a creepypasta story that may have originated here. It dealt with a basement that smelled of rotting meat and two children who didn’t want to go down there. The ending has the mother go down there to prove to her children that they were making poo poo up, and not only smelled the rotting meat, but found a small disfigured man with razor-sharp pointed teeth gnawing on a piece of meat in a dark corner that chased her out.

It was simply called “Rotting Meat” or “Rotten Meat,” but the Internet is vague on those words.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
its at least mentioned in this thread ill keep looking, it was written by Jip-Bip-Jo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3697616&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post451140961

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
found it

quote:

Rotten Meat
The following events occured during a two week vacation stay at a rented house in Cape Cod. I was not particularly old; I believe I was 9 and my sister was 4. My mother, however, was in her 30s, so I can't chalk up her experiences to an overactive imagination.

For the first few days, things were fine. We learned the layout pretty quickly; there was a basement with a washer, dryer and a tv in a seperate room. On the main floor was the kitchen, a proper living room and bathroom. And on the second floor were the bedrooms - three in total.

One day it was particularly stormy, so there would be no trips to the beach or nature walks. My parents, really eager for as much private time as they could get, sent my sister down to the basement to watch what little tv we could recieve. My sister and I managed to get a decent version of PBS, which meant the static wasn't too bad at all (antennae only at this place). We continued to watch, I absentmindedly playing my Gameboy, my sister more enthralled by some show.

And then it all stopped. My gameboy shut off. The lightbulb popped. The tv did not go off; instead it showed nothing but static.

And then the smell.

From the other room, the one with the washer and dryer, there was a smell that is not even partially described by the word rank. Imagine a bag of rotting meat kept in the summer sun for days at end, and you can begin to imagine it. "Let's go, please" my sister whimpered. I took her hand and we walked back up.

My parents were not terribly pleased. They listened to our story, sighing as we spoke. Finally Mom smiled and said "Alright, if I go down and check, and it's all ok, will you go back down?" We agreed, knowing if anyone could make it all better, she could.

She disappeared into the black basement, flashlight in hand, replacement lightbulb box held in the other. We expected her to return quickly. She didn't. After ten minutes that stretched into eternity, she finally came back up. "Ok kids, you can can stay up here. In fact, I don't want you going down there again."

We didn't know what that meant, but accepted it gladly. Mom never went down in the room either; she insisted on doing laundry at laundromats in town. I would not ask her what happened for years.

Another night I was woken by a horrid scream from my sisters room. My Dad burst from his room and slammed her door open, picked her up and took her downstairs. It took over an hour to calm her down and a couple smores, but she finally agreed to tell us what was wrong.

She had seen the entire room soaked in blood. Top to bottom. Handprints in blood, streaks, dripping splatters. We wrote it off as a dream, but she refused to go back up for the rest of the night. Mom took a look in the room, and I caught her whisper to Dad: "That smell is there."

Finally, my encounter with whatever it was. My parents had taken my sister into town, planning on doing some shopping with her. I voiced my dismay and they said I could stay at the rented home if I wished. I whiled away some time watching Disney videos, and eventually started to read a book.

Eventually I had had enough reading. I put down the book - and my eyes shot open in surprise. Near the ceiling, slowly circling about as if it were some ethereal shark, cruised an orb, fire red and yet translucent. I didn't move as I watched it, hoping not to scare it away. Part of me was fascinated by it, as if it were as ordinary as a bird on the porch.

Then I heard the car door slam. My parents had arrived, and the orb, a trailing tail following, raced towards the wall, vanishing. "Hi Scott!" called Dad as he walked in, cooler in hand. "Anything good on TV?"

As for what happened to my Mom in the basement - when I finally did ask her years and years later, she suddenly became very still, and quietly spoke. She had intended to simply change the lightbulb downstairs, figuring the bulb had simply died and I had turned off my Gameboy in surprise and that one of us had nudged the antenna out of clear reception. So, she had taken out the old bulb and put a new one in. It didn't work. She tried a new one. It also didn't work. As she tried the remaining two bulbs, she began to smell something too, but this time it had an oily stench to it.

She figured that one of the machines in the washing room had broken, or perhaps a breaker went off or something. She put down the bulbs, and walked into the room. She shone her flashlight on the machines - nothing. Then she looked at the other end of the room - only to see it.

"It" was a short man, crouched over, a piece of maggot covered meat held in its hand. It looked at my Mom, smiled with sharp teeth and black eyes, and whispered "Hello, Laurie".

Then it sank into the floor.

Mom left in a god drat hurry after that.

My family seems to have had a history with ghosts/the unexplained, some good and some bad, but none as extreme as that. If anyone wants, I could post more.
ADDITION:
This post will be somewhat lighter in nature, but first I do have an addition to the story. Let me explain: my sister lurks, and upon discovering I had posted the story, told me there was a part of her dream I had not remember - apparently she also saw a person in her dream, but this was a tall man, with a lanky, emaciated body, long tongue and a knife in one hand. He pointed at her, and that was when she screamed.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Thanks, Sid. Got some details wrong, but that’s the one. You own :)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
no problem!

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

the mean lunch lady posted:

I'm trying to remember a USA Up All Night movie from somewhere between 1996 and 1999 I wanna say. It had a girl who I think was a nerd or something, but something happened to her to make her hot. Throughout the movie she gets in sexual situations, but she turns into a fish creature when it happens. I looked through a letterboxd list of Up All Night movies, but couldn't find it. Anyone know what movie this is?

Was she the main focus of the film? Not a lot of geek to chic movies with a female lead that turns into a fish that I'm seeing. Do you remember if it was closer in tone to a Troma film or something like Species?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sounds like a racier version of Splash

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Very disappointed in the sizable transformation fetish community for not having that one readily cataloged down to jerkable .mpeg snippets

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Snowy posted:

Sounds like a racier version of Splash

Bocce balls. :grin:

*Statue of Liberty tour guide proceeds to unzip pants*

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

You Are A Elf posted:

Bocce balls. :grin:

*Statue of Liberty tour guide proceeds to unzip pants*

“Spash” was racy enough for “beginning to notice boobs” me; Goddamn Daryl Hanna was :discourse: before she got old (lol, she’s the same age as my babysitter; my first crush) and lived in a yurt.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DerekSmartymans posted:

“Spash” was racy enough for “beginning to notice boobs” me; Goddamn Daryl Hanna was :discourse: before she got old (lol, she’s the same age as my babysitter; my first crush) and lived in a yurt.

:agreed:

Someone was selling an el Camino that she had converted to bio diesel and I tried to buy it from the other side of the country. I had everything lined up, someone to go get it and a shipper to get it to me but the seller was too weirded out and thought I must be a scammer.

That was my white whale and I mourn its loss

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
This is pretty minor, but I have never figured out the sequence of words to find it on YouTube again. It's video of some sort of festival or park event, and a small cyclone hits it, throwing all sorts of stuff around. A tent swirls around as people chase after it. It's all very slapstick, and then a guy in, I think, a dog mascot costume comes stumbling through. I'm not sure why, but the timing of the guy in the mascot costume is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

There are a bunch of videos of tents getting blown around on YouTube, so every search I've made is fruitless.

Weak Sauce
Jul 10, 2001

Say it ain't so (elmo)
My old signature on here: Darth Vader holding a wooden spoon next to a sauce pan with the caption "I am altering the sauce. Pray I don't alter it any further."

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Only Plane In The Sky: An Oral History of 9/11?

https://www.amazon.com/Only-Plane-Sky-Oral-History/dp/150118220X

Or maybe it's Fall and Rise: The Story of 9/11?

https://www.amazon.com/Fall-Rise-Story-9-11/dp/006227564X

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

Finally found it. It was from the December 2001 copy of Vanity Fair, called "Manifest Courage: The Story of Flight 93" by Bryan Burrough. Had to shell out :10bux: (well, $8) to confirm it, but hey I get Vanity Fair in the mail for a year because of it.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Two things:

A short horror story set in an English village in the summer, a vicar’s daughter(?) meets what she thinks is an angel who takes her around the village and shows her what all the sinful adults have been doing (her mum cheating etc). I think the angel challenges her to find someone truly innocent and free of sin otherwise the world will be destroyed? I remember the description of the hot summers day quite vividly. Pretty sure it was from a collection of short stories that may or may not have also included The Veldt but I imagine published in the UK? Similar sort of disturbing horror vibe anyhow

The second is a clip of a soft core porno that I saw on late night TV here in the UK (think Eurotrash) many years ago where a giant Godzilla-type monster sticks it’s dick in a house with the pornstars inside and starts filling the house with jizz. Not even sure it was real porn, possibly satire? It then switches to an interview with the director who’s a typical sleazy fat porn guy talking about the film and one of the pornstars talking about how she hated shooting it because she was allergic to the milk(?) that they used for the monster cum.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

8 Ball posted:

Two things:

A short horror story set in an English village in the summer, a vicar’s daughter(?) meets what she thinks is an angel who takes her around the village and shows her what all the sinful adults have been doing (her mum cheating etc). I think the angel challenges her to find someone truly innocent and free of sin otherwise the world will be destroyed? I remember the description of the hot summers day quite vividly. Pretty sure it was from a collection of short stories that may or may not have also included The Veldt but I imagine published in the UK? Similar sort of disturbing horror vibe anyhow

No clue but that sounds extremely neat…and I read The Veldt as a stand-alone pdf a long time back when I would torrent stuff (and have zero clue where, but the story title escapes me!), so I hope someone finds this!

quote:

The second is a clip of a soft core porno that I saw on late night TV here in the UK (think Eurotrash) many years ago where a giant Godzilla-type monster sticks it’s dick in a house with the pornstars inside and starts filling the house with jizz. Not even sure it was real porn, possibly satire? It then switches to an interview with the director who’s a typical sleazy fat porn guy talking about the film and one of the pornstars talking about how she hated shooting it because she was allergic to the milk(?) that they used for the monster cum.

This entire paragraph is some small but vocal group’s, word for word, very specific fetish. That was my first thought when reading it. Maybe I’ve been online too long, but “typical sleazy fat porn guy” immediately would make me consider Ron Jeremy. I hope he writes a 1000 page memoir before he dies!

Ninja edit: Before posting, I Googled whether the Hedgehog was still alive, mainly because he’s a minor celebrity and old and Covid deaths are a real thing. He’s in jail, indicted (but not tried yet, so I’m withholding judgment like people seem to forget here sometimes) for multiple counts of sexual assault against young women since the 90s! I’m not enough of a “fan” to follow a trial, but I am human enough to either hope the women are all right and he goes to underneath the jail, or he is unambiguously vindicated and goes free according to testimony instead of a legal technicality which frees a rapist. I would probably still buy his 1000+ page memoir, because he has lived a memorable life in Hollywood, but hope that if it’s written while in prison that proceeds would compensate the victims.

TL; DR This was longer than meant to be, but a 2 minute throwaway shitpost turned into half an hour of Google rabbit holes about a D-list celebrity accused of serious crimes and currently imprisoned! I just wanted to know if he was even alive still!

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013
There was a page, I'm not sure but it MIGHT have been Live Journal, that long ago, where a woman basically just spat word salad about her 'naming' and 'writing' and 'producing' like, 99% of the world's music. She obviously had something going on in her head, but it was just such a charming long shaggy dog story about every single famous person ever and how she'd 'come up' with their names, something like that.

I remember she was VERY into Amy Lee and Evanescence, and also she had multiple pages written about the Beatles and Paul McCartney. Does anyone else remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ThatGirlAtThatShow posted:

There was a page, I'm not sure but it MIGHT have been Live Journal, that long ago, where a woman basically just spat word salad about her 'naming' and 'writing' and 'producing' like, 99% of the world's music. She obviously had something going on in her head, but it was just such a charming long shaggy dog story about every single famous person ever and how she'd 'come up' with their names, something like that.

I remember she was VERY into Amy Lee and Evanescence, and also she had multiple pages written about the Beatles and Paul McCartney. Does anyone else remember this?

Amy Lee was also her name