Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cats are lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame

Now you've gone too far buddy

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame

this is hosed up and im not even a cat person

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
oi

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame

i suppose if you consider a piece of art's only value in its appraisal if you were to sell or insure it. imo much of the inherent value of art comes from the history of the piece as it has endured years of handling and even abuse or vandalism in some cases. much like how the shooting of the sphinx' nose by some unknown soldier is almost as iconic now as the entire structure.

that cat is now a part of great art history.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

polyester concept posted:

i suppose if you consider a piece of art's only value in its appraisal if you were to sell or insure it. imo much of the inherent value of art comes from the history of the piece as it has endured years of handling and even abuse or vandalism in some cases. much like how the shooting of the sphinx' nose by some unknown roman soldier is almost as iconic now as the entire structure.

that cat is now a part of great art history.

ah yes destroying art is good because *shits on the floor*

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

things poodle jones would never ever do:

* destroy art

things poodle jones loves to do:

* destroy consumer electronics

things poodle jones has not done but would do IN A HOT SECOND if he could:

* destroy the patriarchy
* bite a nazi

eat that catailures!!!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Art stuff: I don't have a picture but my dad found an original Rembrandt print at a yard sale in 1977 and bought it for $50. He got it appraised for about $16k soon afterward. It was destroyed by the cat a few years ago.

This one.

it's saint ignucious returning valiantly to the FSF after the news cycle of him defending Epstein blew over

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

shooting of the sphinx' nose by some unknown soldier

that's a myth. the nose was smashed off in antiquity

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i mean they also said it was shot by a "roman soldier" before the edit so i dont think theyre really going for historical accuracy here

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i don't think it's cool when art is destroyed especially when it's done maliciously to erase culture. i just mean it can be more interesting especially as time goes on when stuff is permanently altered through normal every day occurrences, mistakes, or ignorance. nothing lasts forever.

i always liked the stories on antiques roadshow when the items were visibly worn from being used or on display somewhere for generations, vs being tucked away in a chest untouched.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 28, 2022

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao this just started to happen to me after a chome update, like jfc google, who the gently caress would ever WANT this?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean they also said it was shot by a "roman soldier" before the edit so i dont think theyre really going for historical accuracy here

yeah i realized romans wouldn't have had guns lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i thought it was both. the sphinx obviously had been falling apart for millennia, but also the ottomans used it for artillery practice or something

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

romans wouldn't have had guns lol

THIS IS THE PAST THAT LIBERALS WANT

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

lmao this just started to happen to me after a chome update, like jfc google, who the gently caress would ever WANT this?

A Google employee who's planning on launching a new streaming service entirely in the chrome home screen?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
microsoft needs to bring back the edge classic blocking of video auto play where it would do everything up to and including breaking the page before it allowed videos to auto play

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

oh do shut up

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
pfffgt you call that an industrial thing??

here’s what’s directly next door to me:

mystes
May 31, 2006

How big does your thing have to be before it counts as industrial?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

got these hanging next to my posting waste-receiving-and-dispensing station

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame

what the gently caress

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

this is a laser etched woodcut i got recently that i really dig

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Your seahorses are very well endowed to say the least

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sapozhnik posted:

lol

i apologize for insulting the appearance of your local industrial building located in a swamp by the railroad, but i'm sure there are in fact prettier natural areas in your immediate vicinity.

the photographs displayed are not meant to showcase the natural beauty of the landscape

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wow, your nature photographs suck. there's not even a flower or a butterfly in there. i pity your atrophied sense of natural beauty

~*looks at a picture of a literal waste processing plant*~

no, this is all wrong. where are the virgin forests, snow capped mountains, and pristine lakes?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 29, 2022

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzgwxCoiG0

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

new autechres out

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame

:mods:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

til north americans have such an atrophied sense for natural beauty that they are attracted to any landscape that isn't literally a barren toxic waste dump

countdown to nmn posting a framed cybergothy photo of a toxic waste dump that he has on the wall softener

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dungeon Ecology posted:

and old friend of mine used to make stuff like this but the pandemic hosed his business hard

i can link the store if youre interested, thogh theyre not taking orders on anything but posters atm

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame

what you say !!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
crazy achmed not enjoying achmed jones’ hot takes
on cats

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

this is hosed up and im not even a cat person

:thunk:

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

cats are lame
Most cats are not lame but if you have found a lame cat you should still give it your love