Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I got some lampshade mica and its kind of a neat material, i'm gonna make some weird lamps out of it, maybe i'll post em or maybe i wont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I dunno probably continue playing Final Fantasy Tactics (my favorite game but it is brutal)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv22faCGyxg

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

probably go snowshoeing and play some poker. ill let you folks know if i win

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I’m going to learn how to use my new sewing machine.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

tk posted:

is it one of those new ones that can do all kinds of weird decorative stitches and stuff

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NEW IDEA

i might make a box for this gopro, add some slots for some batteries and the battery charger and some memory cards, just like a "all gopro related items go here" type thing

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
im gonna play snowrunner and work on my drumming rudiments op

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
saturday's gonna be some cleaning and some bullshitting by myself

sunday i drive up to the puget sound for a work project :/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I bought an old metal shaper a month or so ago and i'm gonna see if i can make some stainless parts for the box with it cause the surface finish it gives is really neat

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

saturday's gonna be some cleaning and some bullshitting by myself

sunday i drive up to the puget sound for a work project :/

puget sound area is real nice, hope the drive is at least nice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

I dunno probably continue playing Final Fantasy Tactics (my favorite game but it is brutal)

thinkin about picking up Dragon Age again? idk maybe

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
depends on timing. the drive up from the portland area is usually decent enough, but if i have to stay too late on monday i'll get absolutely fuckin' clobbered trying to get through the olympia area on my way back.

i had to drive out to burns, oregon about a week and a half ago. that was very pretty, full moon reflecting on snow in the mountains and the high desert, although the pockets of heavy night-time fog in the middle of nowhere was kinda scary. drive back was absolutely gorgeous though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

tk posted:

hmm I could pull out my old west german sewing machine and make sure it's all oiled and ready to use

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

:420: :pt: :pcgaming:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

you're gonna make a

linux
apache
mysql
php

?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nothing. absolutely nothing.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

probably walk around the beach and go to the book store on saturday, then do some chores. sunday i will go on a hike in the neighborhood and watch football.

im also reading the brothers karamazov right now and its very good but my attention is being drawn to other things right now and im getting impatient to finish it so i can read other stuff.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my eldest starts high school next week and the youngest starts intermediate .. bought some shoes. .. a chrome book. RIP my wallet 😭

and need to clear out the garage so we have some room to do some weights. I intend 2022 to be a breakout year and that ain’t gonna happen without tight guns

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
gonna go on a road trip with my girlfriend and her parents

:rip: me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
gonna put the bumper back on my car, go crawl in the attic to see if the insulation installers did a poo poo job, and take the kid to the zoo. but I just want to sleep

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

carry on then posted:

you're gonna make a

linux
apache
mysql
php

?

no, i'm gonna make the good kind of lamp

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
work on my side hustle until wee hours b/c i gotta get this poo poo done fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck oh wait i'm wasting time posting

and build the pinewood car with my eldest :3:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

gonna go on a road trip with my girlfriend and her parents

:rip: me

take like half a tab of acid imo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

take like half a tab of acid imo

:hmmyes::

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Saturday is almost done down here. I spent the day:

- trying to fix the ride on lawnmower
- yelling at the ride on lawnmower
- seeing the cracked head on the ride on lawnmower
- selling the broken ride on lawnmower to Steve for $300
- cut a bunch of firewood with my chainsaw
- talked to my dad about motors, lawnmowers and chainsaws
- went into town to watch a short play about pirates for children, then came home
- yelled at the dog for digging a hole in the lawn
- fixed the duck pond
- fed the ducks who use the duck pond
- installed Ubuntu on a 10 year old Mac mini to piss off my brother, who will be using the mac mini
- made a bread dough for pizza pockets tonight
- didn’t think about a lamp or lamps.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s too many things

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

people around here tend to rise early.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

but people around here tend to rise early.

suckers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the neighbour was crop dusting in a helicopter at 6am on a Saturday so I was up and ready to go.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Saturday is almost done down here. I spent the day:

- trying to fix the ride on lawnmower
- yelling at the ride on lawnmower
- seeing the cracked head on the ride on lawnmower
- selling the broken ride on lawnmower to Steve for $300

lol

i had a picnic and went to the pub

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we have a bunch of beehives on the top paddock that are managed by a local honey company. they employ very friendly bee keepers, most of who are migrants from the Phillipines.

to get to the top paddock of our place you have to essentially drive through our backyard. This isn’t a problem, couple of gates and you’re through. the dogs sure do kick up a bark if anyone goes through that back gate though, one night at about 2am they barked like crazy when some meth head was scrounging for some scrap metal out back.

it’s also been very hot this month. this summer actually. the river going through the property is running very low. the nights are quite hot at the moment, and we don’t have air conditioning because this is New Zealand and most homes built in the last millennium are leaky draughty wooden pieces of poo poo with no real thought for heating or cooling. so this summer, this cow sleeps without pyjamas.

a couple of nights ago, at 430am, the dogs were going batshit crazy again. I could see torchlight and vehicle lights out the window. the meth head was back! I whipped out of bed, grabbed a towel for a sake of modesty and headed out the back door preparing for my confrontation.

a torch hit me briefly in the face, I quietly swore and raised my hands to my eyes to shield them from the light. in doing so, I dropped the towel and I was now…on show. “Hello there!” a friendly Filipino said to me, quickly lowering the torch from my eyes. “we’re just changing the hives! won’t be long!” and off they went, speaking in Filipino, and sniggering being obviously impressed as they went to tend to their bees. I did hear one guy say in English “this isn’t Manila” but I don’t know what that means. I’ve never been to the Phillipines. I’d like to maybe one day.

but anyway, point is that people tend start work early around here.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
gonna get the window back in my car, or at least make significant progress in that direction, so i can start driving it to work soon

my truck needs a tune-up badly, to the point where i feel bad for pressing it into duty

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

is it one of those new ones that can do all kinds of weird decorative stitches and stuff

It’s a serger machine to trim and finish edges. Got tired of switching out the foot on my regular machine to do edges.

It’s pretty cool it sucks the fabric right in and cuts it and sews it up. Turned a few old shirts into rags yesterday and that shits not gonna fray.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Gonna get stupid drunk so I stop stressing out over next week's interview, which will be for my first real job since graduating.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
best wishes friend

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

echinopsis posted:

best wishes friend

thank you

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

belated xmas dinner with my sister after the real one got postponed due to her entire family getting covid one after the other

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gonna eat pizza in the sunshine and feed some feral cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
weed and regression models