Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

If you can't hang :dong: while in international waters, why even bother getting on a cruise ship?

The food, obviously. I maintain that if they wanted people to bang while out to sea they wouldn't feed you so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh no I want to have sex with my wife on vacation :aaa:

Fuckin pervert

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Speaking of plowing, our usual guy did the driveway twice today and I figured that was gonna be it so I shoveled out half the driveway. He just dropped by again 5 minutes ago and finished the rest and now I feel stupid

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh no I want to have sex with my wife on vacation :aaa:

Motion in the ocean.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Quiet Feet posted:

Speaking of plowing,

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gone already. What was it?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Qwijib0 posted:

Pandora is still very good at its core competency of generating an algorithmic station from a song and with the paid plans you get the ability to add them to playlists, save them etc like Spotify or any other music service, it is still surfacing new music for me 16 years later.

Thanks for the heads-up. Might give it a spin. Use it to discover new music and then plop it into my Spotify playlists.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Chat Thread gettin' weird

Quiet Feet posted:

Speaking of plowing

:golfclap:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Don’t ever try to schedule sex with a stay at home partner, we’re tired and it takes the spirit out of any part of it. And I’m saying that as a stay at home father of 2.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 30, 2022

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Gone already. What was it?
https://twitter.com/RewireNewsGroup/status/1487078202371620865

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/rx0rcist/status/1487686398698266624

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Well, that’s an intense dose of evil

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The military needs grunts, the more schooling means less desperate types. Shits blatant

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

Don’t ever try to schedule sex with a stay at home partner, we’re tired and it takes the spirit out of any part of it. And I’m saying that as a stay at home father of 2.

Be free range like the elk

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Congrats BlindSite on you local hero winning the Australian Open

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Can't get over how bad the Rumble was last night. Actually pretty impressed at how bad it was.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Can't get over how bad the Rumble was last night. Actually pretty impressed at how bad it was.

i only was interested in how they had to fill spots for the women

otherwise they have a serious problem once certain people retire for good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

i only was interested in how they had to fill spots for the women

otherwise they have a serious problem once certain people retire for good

They've had that problem, ongoing, for years now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The loving Wrestlemania sign catching fire TWICE is hilarious foreshadowing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Alaois posted:

They've had that problem, ongoing, for years now.

i know

i went to sleep as i see tweets saying brock, who wasn't announced for the rumble, is now in a position to win the rumble

and he did

that's the wwe

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Just a quintessential Long Island story. Her husband is even a cop that was likely funneling a bunch of cop customers her way.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Just a quintessential Long Island story. Her husband is even a cop that was likely funneling a bunch of cop customers her way.

I have some sympathy because he is also the cop that was under department investigation for flying a surveillance drone in a penis shaped pathway.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I thought David Chang was kind of a dick so it’s cool to see he might be making an effort to turn that around. Also I have a copy of Momofuku and yeah there’s some pretty fancy rear end food in there. One of my recent favs though is Jon Favreaus Chef Show, it’s adorable watching Chef Roy teaching him how to make stuff and be patient but rib him at the same time.

Also one time I made Jae Yuk and brought some to work for lunch and the elderly Korean lady asked me where I got it from because it looked so good, and I said I made it myself and she was really impressed :3:

That being said, I’d 100% eat the hell out of some bulgogi tots.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

T-Square posted:

I thought David Chang was kind of a dick so it’s cool to see he might be making an effort to turn that around. Also I have a copy of Momofuku and yeah there’s some pretty fancy rear end food in there. One of my recent favs though is Jon Favreaus Chef Show, it’s adorable watching Chef Roy teaching him how to make stuff and be patient but rib him at the same time.

Also one time I made Jae Yuk and brought some to work for lunch and the elderly Korean lady asked me where I got it from because it looked so good, and I said I made it myself and she was really impressed :3:

That being said, I’d 100% eat the hell out of some bulgogi tots.

I’ve admittedly skipped that because I find Jon Favreaus’ on-screen presence pretty obnoxious, I’m sure it’s toned down from his outright acting but it still feels like a major barrier to entry

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone watching the Farmers Insurance Open see that shot Day just made?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Tricky Ed posted:

Putting on an extreme persona for media success has worked for as long as there's been media, but that doesn't mean the personas should be above judgement, especially because people imitate what they see. He shouldn't escape criticism for his lucrative tv persona because he wrote a book where he says to be nice.

It's okay to like him. Just don't fool yourself by saying he isn't like that in real life so what he does on tv is okay.

This is beyond stupid.

You’re discussing his American persona, meanwhile he has quite a positive / friendly persona in the British and French versions

As well as the kids shows in the USA, even. But alas. You’ve made me write out a defense of a goddamn tv chef because for some reason you’ve decided you need to give approval to who people like (which is, see above, stupid)

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone watching the Farmers Insurance Open see that shot Day just made?

I saw it, it was unbelievable

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm gonna be honest, I would be way more interested in that child master chef show if he cussed them out the way he does adults in the worst memeified versions of him. Just Gordan Ramsay screaming obscenities at a 7 year old.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hot Diggity! posted:

The loving Wrestlemania sign catching fire TWICE is hilarious foreshadowing.

Was that kayfabe or proper scuff?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Was that kayfabe or proper scuff?

The pyro accidentally set it ablaze.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm not a wrestling guy, but isn't WWE kinda hosed? Like, there's other American companies doing it as well or better and American fans are starting to clue in on the insane poo poo that Japanese wrestling does.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

swickles posted:

I have some sympathy because he is also the cop that was under department investigation for flying a surveillance drone in a penis shaped pathway.

Whoo boy. For better or worse that man is living life on his own terms.

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is beyond stupid.

You’re discussing his American persona, meanwhile he has quite a positive / friendly persona in the British and French versions

As well as the kids shows in the USA, even. But alas. You’ve made me write out a defense of a goddamn tv chef because for some reason you’ve decided you need to give approval to who people like (which is, see above, stupid)

You seem to very frequently rush to the defense of the rich and powerful. Kind of weird in response to a fairly mild criticism of Ramsey.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 30, 2022

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I'm not a wrestling guy, but isn't WWE kinda hosed? Like, there's other American companies doing it as well or better and American fans are starting to clue in on the insane poo poo that Japanese wrestling does.

they make a shitload of money from comcast, fox, and saudi arabia, so they don't have real motivation to get better

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Samadhi posted:

Congrats BlindSite on you local hero winning the Australian Open

Was pretty cool ngl! She grew up about 5 mins from where I did.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

King cake update: Deep fried from the donut shop is the way to go. The best one I've had yet.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Vertical Lime posted:

they make a shitload of money from comcast, fox, and saudi arabia, so they don't have real motivation to get better

What

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

saudi arabia is paying* the wwe hundreds of millions of dollars to put on special propaganda shows in the country to show the world that they're a progressive nation of the future

*payment may or may not be withheld depending on MbS' mood

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Saudis spend a lot of money on things like Mel Mudkiper's astroturfing salary.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

The pyro accidentally set it ablaze.
As long as no one got hurt that's funny.

Vertical Lime posted:

they (WWE) make a shitload of money from comcast, fox, and saudi arabia, so they don't have real motivation to get better
In my trucking job I've seen all kinds of brands on the road. I've seen WWE with their branded trailers, and it was 3 trailers that were rolling billboards with all of the major people on the side and each tractor was a tricked out long nose Peterbilt with the forward air cans and exhausts. Totally flexing that they have money. I've also seen the AEW trailer that had the same rolling billboard style but the tractor had no logos or signage and was a well used Freightliner. Not flexing at all.

AEW puts on a better show.

Both companies have the talent, I guess AEW has better writers and maybe the company culture lets the AEW performers have more input into their performance.

Oh and in trucker stories I always know when Talladega is the next race because I'll be bopping along from Spartanburg through Atlanta to Birmingham and I'm going 65 and a shitton of NASCAR trucks fly by me. One time I stopped at a truck stop and the official NASCAR media truck was there. Then I go by Talladega at 1 in the morning on a very early Wednesday morning and there are a bunch of RVs already parked. When I drive by on very early Friday morning the RV lot is packed and the party is going strong.

Braksgirl posted:

King cake update: Deep fried from the donut shop is the way to go. The best one I've had yet.
I hate trying to lose weight. For breakfast I had a protein shake.
For dinner I'm having Ropa Vieja from Serious Eats as my only real meal, and it's all meat and veg (and a little rice but just enough to soak up the juice.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

Say what now? Deep fried king cake?