Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS SAMMY 94 76.42%
WARDLOW 2 1.63%
IC VS STABS BOYS 0 0%
VELVET VS HIRSH 2 1.63%
ORANGE VS COLE 25 20.33%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

i thought swoggle had a reputation as a colossal rear end in a top hat, he seems pretty chill from what ive seen on Ethan’s vlog

I saw an interview with him once and he came off like a chill dude. Knowing what I know about wrasslin' it's entirely possible for him to still be an rear end in a top hat. Also knowing what I know about wrasslin' it's also possible he was just hosed with way too often by other people and became a giant rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

it's also the case that if you get bullied and stand up for yourself you often get a reputation as being "difficult to work with"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mox had a fun quote from Bryan Danielson about that in his book. "Never ask anyone for wrestling advice, if it's stupid and you take it then you look like an idiot. If you ignore it then you don't listen and you're difficult to work with"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

teams up with kingston to attack and dethrone god

now *there* is a modern day rock n sock connection

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wardlow

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Groverhausen

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

THIS IS WARRRRRRRR

Edit: Thanks postin pal!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AEW following that Rumble with the Punk v MJF and Black Throne v Death Triangle matches is going to be the easiest layup in history

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm dumb as gently caress and crack up every time Danhausen calls Ethan "Egon"

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I try not to do negative posts but god the Rumble made me so appreciative of AEW and everything they’re doing. I had so much more fun just watching an hour of Rampage than I did at any moment of the Rumble.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Vince could learn a thing or two about booking from Excalibur. You've GOT to give the people what they want.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

All Elite Wrestling.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

at this point AEW might as well forgo all decorum and go "we're doing the rumble now and let's just see whose is better" and probably come out on top.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Trying posted:

Cinematic reverse battle royale after the style of Momento

Mox's voice over the PA as he's tussling with another wrestler by the ropes: Okay, so what am I doing? Oh, I'm eliminating this guy. *Gets pushed over the top rope onto the apron* Nope, he's chasing me.

Mox has written "TYSON S CHEATED AND STOLE YOUR TITLE" written on his chest.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Missed the rumble, How did Cody do?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

tweet my meat posted:

the only person even tangentially related to aew to show up on the Premium Live Event was cameron

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

tweet my meat posted:

Got immediately tossed out by Shane O’Mac and commentary said “He thought he was elite but he can’t stand up to the true Best in the World!” A returning JBL said “welcome to the big leagues kid!”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

the only person even tangentially related to aew to show up on the Premium Live Event was cameron

Brie Bella's husband is in AEW

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Brie Bella's husband is in AEW

Girl Bye

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

at this point AEW might as well forgo all decorum and go "we're doing the rumble now and let's just see whose is better" and probably come out on top.

this would loving own and I hope Tony gets enough poster energy to attempt this. It would 100% be better especially since they'd be able to get better cameos in it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rumble as a format is great. Nice and simple. AEW stuff with the suits sucks. Steal it Tony!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rumble as a format is great. Nice and simple. AEW stuff with the suits sucks. Steal it Tony!!!

Seems to be pretty good when the Rumble racks up WMOTYC after WMOTYC while AEW brings the quality.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Seems to be pretty good when the Rumble racks up WMOTYC after WMOTYC while AEW brings the quality.

cant argue with results

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m arguing with them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m arguing with them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not angry at the people who want to ruin AEW with tired WWE ideas, I just feel bad that they watch these bad shows and want everyone to suffer through the same old thing.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Defenestrategy posted:

I saw an interview with him once and he came off like a chill dude. Knowing what I know about wrasslin' it's entirely possible for him to still be an rear end in a top hat. Also knowing what I know about wrasslin' it's also possible he was just hosed with way too often by other people and became a giant rear end in a top hat.

He had a reputation for being a jerk early in WWE because nobody wanted to beat him up, for obvious reasons. See the chicken story.

But he wasreal young then, unsurprising he's grown.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

much like when a bad wwe sports entertainer becomes a good aew wrestler, a bad wwe premier event could become a good aew ppv

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Assign everyone a number and then in the match spin a giant roulette wheel and whichever number it is comes out. Roulette Rumble

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Assign everyone a number and then in the match spin a giant roulette wheel and whichever number it is comes out. Roulette Rumble

I can think of one big problem with this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I guess if you want to do a WWE idea you can try it on Rampage.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not angry at the people who want to ruin AEW with tired WWE ideas, I just feel bad that they watch these bad shows and want everyone to suffer through the same old thing.

guess i shouldn't be surprised 'x was always bad' extends to match formats

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flatluigi posted:

guess i shouldn't be surprised 'x was always bad' extends to match formats

There are no bad people just bad ideas.

And bad people in WWE management too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can think of one big problem with this

It’s the digital future, you just delete the ‘used’ segments and make the others bigger to fill the wheel again as you go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s the digital future, you just delete the ‘used’ segments and make the others bigger to fill the wheel again as you go.

I love it!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Except if you knew who had been assigned the numbers before hand it would ruin the surprise and if you didn’t then it defeats the point I guess.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i thought swoggle had a reputation as a colossal rear end in a top hat, he seems pretty chill from what ive seen on Ethan’s vlog

Big E punted the hell out of him once

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there should be an episode of Rampage where Luchasaurus, Bear Bronson and Brody King climb and punch and destroy a bunch of styrene buildings that have been set up in the ring

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

All AEW PPVS are named so as to allude to gambling and/or things rotating. Roulette Rumble was meant to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Watching the Toy Hunt vlog, Hornswoggle calling Sean Ross Sapp Bryan Alvarez :lol: