Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

(PHOTON, a one-series wonder from 1986)

There are not nearly enough robots with mustaches in scifi, I can only think of this guy and WRECK-GAR

edit: lol an eight hour thirty watchfest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P66m5cF2BJo

If you're old enough to have been a video arcade kid, the opening credits here look exactly the same quality props and action as the old real video light gun games from AMERICAN LASER GAMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ0IRphGOqY

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is fucken sick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

canyoneer posted:

metal is the anime of music

nah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byUo4EagXu0&ab_channel=JamesBruton

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

happy lunar new year, mates. whether you celebrate it or not!!

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

(PHOTON, a one-series wonder from 1986)

the eyeliner game is on point

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cancelled Spotify because gently caress joe rogan, so whats the best alternative? I'm kinda torn between apple music and youtube music right now I'm leaning toward youtube because my understanding is it lets you play any video uploaded as music?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Cancelled Spotify because gently caress joe rogan, so whats the best alternative? I'm kinda torn between apple music and youtube music right now I'm leaning toward youtube because my understanding is it lets you play any video uploaded as music?

I have yt music and it can play any yt videos if it was music, unfortunately searches also pull yt videos. If I'm looking for a video game soundtrack and the actual album is not there I will get a bunch of random yt uploads of varying quality. Personally I'd rather just get no results but that's just me.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

one potential downside of youtube music is that joe rogan is on it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In my experience you have to dig really deep to not find a song on youtube, which was my major complaint with apple music, and why I originally switched to Spotify, because I couldnt find what I wanted on Apple Music.

I think I'll try YT mostly because I already have a bunch of music playlists built up in youtube

^^^Really? Officially, or just people uploading his shows from spoitify?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’ve yet to not find what I want on Apple Music, and I listen to a lot of lovely 00s punk bands

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

i like apple music a lot, but i am also quite anti-youtube (lol given my employer)

if you listen to a lot of video game soundtracks, apple music isnt very good though. i had to bring my own ecco the tides of time ost!

my original complaint against apple music was they were missing almost all of will oldham's work. but he got on board. apple music isn't as good for dj sets and stuff either, though. for those im mostly downloading or ripping and uploading myself. but for proper albums it's pretty good for my needs

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i have both right now. we subscribe to youtube to support the small timers we watch in some small amount without just trying to block all the ads. the youtube music is nice as a side benefit but you do also get rando quality sometimes because yeah you get uploads.

i've got six free months of apple. apple music is excellent quality, though their web player on pc is pretty poo poo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

and that’s when I decided I just need to spend a lot more time in church

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

though their web player on pc is pretty poo poo

i used to use musi.sh. i stopped usin it when wfh started though, so idk if it's actually better in the year of progress 2022 (both have/had the inane 15min track limit). but maybe you will find it useful

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

i've maintained for years now that i'll switch to apple music as soon as they have a windows client that isn't a dumpster fire. apple. please

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
very little of the music i wanted to listen to was on spotify, its all on youtube

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

NIN was tryhard as gently caress

unequivocally bad opinion but I'm willing to hear why you're so misguided.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dragula owns nobody can deny that

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

very little of the music i wanted to listen to was on spotify, its all on youtube
post your humppa playlist

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g

that cliffside posting station must have a fantastic view

also

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Two minds, but with one single memory, ahhh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dragula owns nobody can deny that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

this one still holds up imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDZD46IZ5Q

lyrics are lame but i do like the pounding and the synth strings and piano chords

this is all butch vig

Jabberlock posted:

all music i like is good. all music you like is bad

yeah

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LMAO

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

obeyasia posted:

idk what rotor's rationale is but i really dislike screamy singing and if i feel like listening to something cynical this is more my style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTuBzEHE9Mo

also on a somewhat more lighthearted note this album art is like a parody of itself but the songs are quality synthwave if you're into that like i am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSPE9jGnWbY

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

obeyasia posted:

nin did for industrial music what green day did for punk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

nin did for industrial music what green day did for punk
per sloan, it's not the band you hate, it's their fans

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I actually never got into the nin past the big songs everyone knows because I had a "friend" that would not shut the gently caress up about the nin and just wanted to play the nin all the time. bad hang

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pink Floyd was the last good industrial band.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

in the future we will finally have the technology to deliver your mom's dildo

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Pink Floyd was the last good industrial band.

I can't listen to anything off this album unless I listen to the entire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Achmed Jones posted:

rob zombie owns, white zombie owns. lordi also owns but to a lesser extent

evil disco is one of the best genres

his music rules but he's the biggest rear end in a top hat i or any of my friends have ever met backstage. talk to any security guard who's had to deal with him and i bet they'll have stories.