Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I saw a big turtle at the SPCA and I was looking at it through the window and it did a huge poo poo. it was really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ok, 'poopnado' is a funny play on words but wtf is 'rear end ham'?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i would have preferred a witty pun and alliteration to the chaotic and crude 'rear end ham'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

imagine being a whale and poop gets in your blowhole, you just cropdusted yourself

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
like a shark, never stop moving forward!

shartnado!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
can insects vomit? I'm really high lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

can insects vomit? I'm really high lol

they don't have the same kind of digestive system mammals do, so i don't know that saying whether they can "vomit" is meaningful. but certainly insects can regurgitate what they have eaten. it's how bees make honey

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
like bugs can spit whatever, but they can't resist poison it seems like

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

they don't have the same kind of digestive system mammals do, so i don't know that saying whether they can "vomit" is meaningful. but certainly insects can regurgitate what they have eaten. it's how bees make honey

yeah it's like barfing and getting rid of bad poo poo a higher animal thing???

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Horses cannot barf it will kill them.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
loading up an ipad with nudes of your mom and going to some ranches to set the world right

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Pardot posted:

did anyone ever figure out why that kids head is smashed in like that

He was in an accident and is in a coma.The last comic will be him waking up with a surgically reconstructed skull. He'll be telling everyone how normal it seemed going to a physical app store with a tiny monitor in a case.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

some animals can do it, others can't. as noted horses cannot barf. neither can rats. rat poison formulas take advantage of this for safety; the poison is mixed with antimony salts that induce vomiting. if a human or dog or cat eats it, they'll just barf it all back up, but rats won't, so they die.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Video Nasty posted:

Horses cannot barf it will kill them.

horses are like giant pugs at this point so it's amazing they don't just loving fall apart

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Base Emitter posted:

none of the first bands from the 70s/early 80s that get described as goth these days were goth, they were just rock or punk bands. the genre was invented to describe them after the fact

Goth was derived from Dub music.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

It's like someone went back in time and wrote tng like the new picard series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbmvEsX5zM

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I've been enjoying the resurgence of opossum as a cute animals since I always have liked them but the other day I saw a cute clickbaity feel good video about a guy who has an animal rescue and he found an abandoned baby opossum and he raised her (including feeding her every 2 hours 24 hours a day for weeks when she was a baby) and she turned into a absolutely loving very funny cuddler.

But then it ended saying "after a year she died as opossum only have a lifespan of two years at most" and I became sad at that fact. I thought they could potentially live for 5-8 years or so :smith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

^^^^ thats awesome and reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6ebq_BHXk

lmao at the butt on the starfish at 0:29

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he feets :3:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I was hiking in southern California in my early 20s and came around a corner to see a grizzly about 20 feet away. It immediately ran off and I was dumb enough to follow the path it took until better judgement took over and I got the hell away.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lmao at the butt on the starfish at 0:29

lol it is totally a starfish rear end

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I was hiking in southern California in my early 20s and came around a corner to see a grizzly about 20 feet away. It immediately ran off and I was dumb enough to follow the path it took until better judgement took over and I got the hell away.

jesus how old are you now? 120?

e: sorry, i'm a jerk. grizzlys have been extinct for 100 years (still on the flag tho), you probably saw a black bear. they're wimps or so i'm told

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Hunter2 Thompson posted:

jesus how old are you now? 120?

e: sorry, i'm a jerk. grizzlys have been extinct for 100 years (still on the flag tho), you probably saw a black bear. they're wimps or so i'm told

only the california subspecies is extinct. still plenty of grizzlys roaming around

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

RHCP is one of the strangest bands to have the staying power that they’ve had. by all accounts they should have faded into obscurity decades ago but they keep still releasing radio hits somehow. ngl i enjoy a fair number of their singles from the 90s but its likely nostalgia of youth

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

lord funk posted:

only the california subspecies is extinct. still plenty of grizzlys roaming around

Might have been on the NV side. It was a big brown lad chowing down on salmon.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i like when flea shows up, it usually means something cool is about to happen

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I want to see a jellyfish that'd be awesome

I took a scuba diving class a few years ago and there was this one guy in it who clearly didn't want to be there, obviously hated every second of it, and was just taking it to get some kind of park ranger certification. at the end you finally get to leave the pool and head into the ocean, and there were tons of jellyfish, including a couple of man-o-wars - these things were probably 3 meters long, all kinds of colors, absolutely awesome.

obviously the guy who didn't want to be there swam too close behind it and got a tentacle to the face, he had a line of angry red boils up his cheek and forehead when we got out lol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
so did you piss all over his face or what

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

did the new dune and the new attenbourough docu about desert worlds use some of the same shots of desert dunes? looked friggin uncanny similiar

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

attenboroughs stuff is about EARTH and dune is about ARRAKIS so no, they cannot be the same shots. you fool. you complete buffoon

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/HaJu6Mr.mp4
you could play it like a trumpet to get different options more than just the 3

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

attenboroughs stuff is about EARTH and dune is about ARRAKIS so no, they cannot be the same shots. you fool. you complete buffoon
this attenborough doc is really showing me what desert power is!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Goth was derived from Dub music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XRNU133rnI:j:

It's true to an extent but few of these rubes'll cop to it

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I listen to rhcp from time to time and some of the bass lines are cool, I don’t care what the thread thinks

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Barons Sandwichcaster

I really think I need to add an old Pepsi logo somewhere

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

They named it the "HP-35" because it had 35 buttons.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1488440499182743553

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's wacky using a calculator that old because when you use a trig function the display goes blank for a few seconds while it chews on it

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

this checks out y'all, I've counted the buttons

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

KoRMaK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HaJu6Mr.mp4
you could play it like a trumpet to get different options more than just the 3

thats the coolest poo poo i've ever seen. and I saw dredd 3d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I saw a black bear while hiking last year on the Olympic peninsula. i yelled at it and it ran away. the trick to dealing with essentially any animal in the woods is to yell at it and seem big and mean.

except grizzly bears. they're the exception because they don't fear you. don't yell at them