Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

ashpanash posted:

Yeah, it's to mirror Peacemaker's line about he wants peace and he doesn't care who he has to kill to achieve it.

So it makes sense that the series is ultimately about Peacemaker fighting against a more successful version of his previous self.

I hope his new better self slogan “I love peace and I don’t care how many men, women, and children I have to kick the poo poo out of to achieve it”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also Lita Ford over the end credits :rock:

ACtually :rock: should just be the official emote of Peacemaker.

In the easter egg video from Screenrant, he mentions Evergreen was a suburb of Coast City, has that been mentioned in the show?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 4, 2022

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

PunkBoy posted:

I hope end of the season reveals that while Peacemaker doesn't want to kill anymore, he'll totally make an exception for evil aliens...and Nazis. :black101:

He said as much in his scene with Harcourt.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea

Peacemaker doesn't want to kill PEOPLE anymore, space bugs with weird murder puppets and Nazis aren't people so he's fine :colbert:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvEItnEG-8

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Saved me having to go and look up what this song was.

My playlist has grown quite a bit thanks to this show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

there's more nudity in that than I'd expect in a video on youtube.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know Gunn's whole 'thing' is 'I fuckin love old music and want to work it into any cool scene I can' but boy do I like this hair metal streak more than his usual fairly normal old school rock and all.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

My dumb brain kept focusing on White Dragon's followers' hoods having his mask's ears, which look like lil baby kitten ears on them, and I'm sitting here going "yeah can't have the pointy hood or else the real KKK might sue"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
kiss me deadly was meant to be a fight montage song. heartbroken.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41jne7cuRPM

I love this goofy show :allears:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

This is the best DC show ever.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Vintersorg posted:

The Bautista erasure above is disgusting! He’s the #1 wrestler turned actor since he’s not just one note like a the Rock. Not to take away from Cena but he’s nowhere near the range of Bautista.

Bautista is fantastic and a much better actor than Dwayne. And so is Cena apparently.

text editor posted:

I'm gonna go further on this prediction: Murn, who we now know is/was a butterfly, was the one who angrily insisted that they don't go up butts during the orifice powerpoint slide scene, will be the one to crawl up white dragon's butt after dragon impulsively hate-crimes Murn since he can't go in the mouth because of anti-scabies tech. that butterfly will use the nazi power armor to fight the cops/nazi horde. Final scene will be peacemaker and butterfly father trying to be father/son

bonus bit - dying/maimed de-butterflied Murn does some Darth-Vader-dying-on-Death-Star-esque "you we're right about me/I can change/there is good in me" moment, a callback to what butterfly said about Murn, with some character noting the similarity

Very plausible. There are some weak points in that armor after all.

Mover posted:

I want Goff’s favorite color to be an important plot point later on. Like they need to figure out which car or notebook belongs to him. If only they had the time to ask…

Like the aliens from Mars Attacks but instead of music it's color.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Aw man I really liked Sophie.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Also, what the heck was the piano scene for?

Um to be awesome and rock out to some Crue is what :rolleyes:

cant cook creole bream posted:

Was that actually Cena in the piano? That was a nice scene and he had impressively sad facial expressions, but I kept wondering.they haven't shown a lot shots of his fingers there.

I was watching for that and I think they showed a lot of his hands actually. Normally when someone on TV plays piano you never see them and their hands in the same shot, but they did that a lot with Cena. If he couldn't actually play that he at least learned a lot of little pieces of it. Or they blew their CGI budget on it and the last 2 episodes are going to look like poo poo. That would actually be pretty funny.

Doctor Jeep posted:

locke is obviously some wetwork hardass motherfucker who is either retired and living quietly as a sheriff (unlikely) or dropped in that position to keep an eye on things for someone (waller?)

We see Murn hiring/briefing him...

Warbird posted:

Also if anything ever happens to Eagley I will send a strongly worded tweet to Mr. Gunn about how I'm mad about the CGI bird that got hurt.

Guarantee that bird's getting got by the last episode, probably by his dad which spurns him on to actually put him down. Sure he's a Klan Dragon, but killing the beloved pet sidekick is how we'll know he's a REALLY bad guy.

Rhyno posted:

Also, the Rock showed some solid acting chops in his early days and even flexed them on occasion but the last decade he's pretty much played the same character in every film he's made.

Yeah, a lot of his early acting was smaller roles playing silly characters like in Be Cool, before anyone was taking him seriously as an actor. I thought it was pretty cool he was willing to take those 'lesser' roles to get his foot in the door, but yeah for the last decade or so he's just played The Rock in every movie he's in. Also there's a running gag in the Pitch Meeting Youtube videos about how Rock has a clause in his contract that any movie featuring a jungle he has first dibs to be in. I watched Red Notice with my parents a few weeks ago and sure enough...

e:
So is it just me or does (timestamps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvEItnEG-8&t=18s

remind anyone else of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M6samPEMpM&t=123s

?

Also possible my brain is just broke on that BSB song from seeing all the meme anime videos...

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 4, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

There’s no way Vigilante makes it out of this alive right? Dude just iced some alien kids and is through and through an utter monster of a person albeit a comedic one that is being steered for what could be argued as good. PM is also a piece of poo poo but seems to want to at least change.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Vigilante is the season 2 villain. 100%

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Gunn really likes the theme of aliens taking over human bodies, what with Slither, Suicide Squad, and then this

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZyBnsu1wc

If they can potentially take over chihuahuas I sure hope they can't take over bald eagles :ohdear:
Did peacemaker ever used his xray mask on Eagly? :tinfoil:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

God in heaven he’s going to use all the new “participants” in the show’s story in a musical number isn’t he? The intro wasn’t enough.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a good video I saw on Gunn's use of music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nSgtpjfgbA

The original Suicide Squad film tried to ape Guardians of the Galaxy through constant use of needle drops, but they were mostly on-the-nose direct lyrical comparisons to what was happening on screen even if the actual meaning of the song was different, and were done so constantly that you were through a whole album's worth of song snippets before the prologue was done. Gunn uses needle drops to indicate the mood that should be felt during the scene, which makes them fit much more naturally as if the song is playing in the POV characters' minds as the events happen. A really good similar scene is the final fight in GOTG 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2a0wWtnJA

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kaedric posted:

Gunn really likes the theme of aliens taking over human bodies, what with Slither, Suicide Squad, and then this

The aliens are social media

Edit: watching Gunn unleashed with suicide squad and peacemaker makes me curious about taika waititi unleashed.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 4, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kaedric posted:

He also has a recurring theme of having characters who started out as being annoying/offputting but who we gradually come to really like over the course of the story but then get suddenly killed in a pretty dumb way right before the big finale. :ohdear:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

The aliens are social media

Edit: watching Gunn unleashed with suicide squad and peacemaker makes me curious about taika waititi unleashed.

Well, he played Hitler.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Toplowtech posted:

Did peacemaker ever used his xray mask on Eagly? :tinfoil:

I'm thinking Murn takes over Eagly and we get a talking sidekick next season

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1489602243422826498

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1489605103720050690

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1489606914954735622

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I know the barn with the cow is in play but it's still somewhat amusing to have the butterflies take over the cops searching for Peacemaker so they can search for Peacemaker.

Work smarter not harder friends.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I love that Cena, a man who had one of his debut gimmicks as 'professor of thuganomics', with a finisher still called 'the five knuckle shuffle', is one of the rare wrestlers who's actually a cool person and not a complete shithead out of character. The man 100% should be one of the most insufferable people considering he went from all that to being the WWE golden boy and all but near every story about him is just poo poo like this where he's the Anti-Hogan.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Isn't Triple H a pretty decent guy outside of things too? Like his character is a HUGE rear end in a top hat but i've seen a lots of videos of him helping out kids and pretending to get beat up by them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but he doesn't seem to have a fraction of Cenas talent.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Undertaker is also a nice guy. He's just big on kayfabe and fairly private.

https://youtu.be/U91MEWG2zHQ

Hogan honestly seems more the exception than the norm.

Edit: \/ yeah that's part of it for sure. They generally are expected to maintain an image.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 4, 2022

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'd say if you're not into wrestling it's best to not look into who they are as "real people" because their entire industry revolves around getting you to believe what they want you to believe and that mindset doesn't switch off after the show. That being said a great number of them, Triple H included, do put in time to meet/visit with fans, mostly children, those with special needs, etc.

Cena holds the record for most Make A Wish wishes fulfilled at over 650.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mokinokaro posted:

Undertaker is also a nice guy. He's just big on kayfabe and fairly private.

https://youtu.be/U91MEWG2zHQ

Hogan honestly seems more the exception than the norm.

Edit: \/ yeah that's part of it for sure. They generally are expected to maintain an image.

Taker is a Blue Lives Matter white supremacist. There are pictures of him wearing a literal SS lightning bolt shirt.

And Triple H is petty and racist at the very least.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Taker is a Blue Lives Matter white supremacist. There are pictures of him wearing a literal SS lightning bolt shirt.

And Triple H is petty and racist at the very least.

Perfect example

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1137787103310467072

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Had no idea about that. Sucks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

I love that Cena, a man who had one of his debut gimmicks as 'professor of thuganomics', with a finisher still called 'the five knuckle shuffle', is one of the rare wrestlers who's actually a cool person and not a complete shithead out of character. The man 100% should be one of the most insufferable people considering he went from all that to being the WWE golden boy and all but near every story about him is just poo poo like this where he's the Anti-Hogan.

The Rock is currently giving public support to Joe Rogan for his antivax conspiracies. We can keep Cena and Bautista.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
time to invade a Rock again

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Heffer posted:

No, anything but that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Heffer posted:

Man, that is bad in like four different ways. I really hate the idea. Also, I think I kinda hate you for being able to come up with such garbage. If that happens I will blame you.