Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how i keep seeing people say how silly White Dragon's henchmen look.

No poo poo, they're nazi klan members, they are silly inherently. You don't want them to look cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Shageletic posted:

No, anything but that

I want one of those helmets to give regeneration/brain-healing so we can get actual Sophie Song back as part of the team for next season because I loved her character and also Annie Chang is really cute.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Edit: Wrong thread

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh whoops I didn't realize there was a thread for this

I'm not a fan of comic book stuff but GotG and Suicide Squad and Peacemaker are some of my favorite recent pieces of media

I never thought I'd be an HBO subscription person but this and Righteous Gemstones are hitting it out of the park

Is there a Resident Alien thread I can't find? That's another show that keeps me laughing

https://i.imgur.com/Y08uFrz.gifv

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If it makes people feel better there are a lot of cool wrestlers especially in the current times. And Mark Henry is generally thought of as being one of the nicest people to ever be around a wrestling ring.

Also John Cena is just such a good dude. I wish I was a 10th as cool as him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Is there a Resident Alien thread I can't find? That's another show that keeps me laughing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365858

People mostly talk about it in the Syfy channel specific thread.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1489670283967479814

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Everyone posted:

I want one of those helmets to give regeneration/brain-healing so we can get actual Sophie Song back as part of the team for next season because I loved her character and also Annie Chang is really cute.

Yeah. I felt legit bad when she sort of died.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm thinking about making one since I like that show so drat much. Will probably start that now.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/JgjyCZc.gifv

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm thinking about making one since I like that show so drat much. Will probably start that now.

Do it

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Fartington Butts posted:

Speaking of different threads has anybody made a Reacher thread yet? Because mostly through the first episode and that is some drat good Jack Reacher. Cruise did pretty well in the role but Alan Ritchson has both the sheer physicality of the character as well as the attitude.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/PVkZEPP.gifv

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not a fan of comic book stuff but GotG and Suicide Squad and Peacemaker are some of my favorite recent pieces of media

I never thought I'd be an HBO subscription person but this and Righteous Gemstones are hitting it out of the park

Be sure to check out Watchmen in the HBO back catalog, if you haven't .

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah. I felt legit bad when she sort of died.

Not "sort of" lol, I think that scene made it perfectly clear there ain't no coming back from getting butterflied. We aren't gonna get a "fight it sophie! don't let it control you!" scene when that thing literally just kills you and drives your body around like a squishy pickup truck.

I am not a huge fan of unnecessary gore, either, but I also loving loved what they did with the chase scene through the woods with the cops. When Batman or Captain America or whoever are on the run from the cops, everything always works out so cleanly -- they're the Good Guys, and any innocent public servants get tied up or knocked out (and they always wake up a few minutes later with no further injuries). Here, Peacemaker initially tells Vigilante not to throw a knife at Sophie, but then while they're running Vig lets one rip at an unnamed cop while yelling "he'll just be paralyzed at worst!" which is already a little suspicious... and then they punch out another cop and get a split-second cut to the unconscious cop smashing his head on a rock, and then loving Eagly shows up to knock another cop over and then PECK OUT HIS loving EYES and hahahaha.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah if The Suicide Squad taught us anything it's that you don't come back from aliens controlling you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

DC loves a good body count.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

What if you can only be de-butterflied if they enter through the butthole?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eagly is hardcore, man

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

She's only in the intro dance for a few seconds, but even then you can tell she's about to bust into some legit good dance moves so they had to cut away :(

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah if The Suicide Squad taught us anything it's that you don't come back from aliens controlling you.

It's comic books so literally anything is possible. I'm not ruling it out yet just because we've heard one character imply that it can't be done. Who's to say a butterfly couldn't just burrow out of someone's skull and fart some metahuman healing juice behind them to heal up the hole? But Gunn, so just as likely she catches a shotgun shell to the dome next week :shrug:

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Since Resident Alien was brought up:

quote:

Gunn hired choreographer Charissa-Lee Barton to help him plan the sequence, and only found out later that she was married to actor Alan Tudyk, a friend of Gunn's, who stood-in for Peacemaker in rehearsal footage that Barton created while choreographing the dance.
So somewhere there's a video of Alan Tudyk doing the opening dance

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Heffer posted:

And we need to see that footage right the gently caress now!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

There's also Doom Patrol, which is possibly even better than Peacemaker.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Heffer posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYwotsmpQdl/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

chitoryu12 posted:

There's also Doom Patrol, which is possibly even better than Peacemaker.

How's the new season? I still haven't finished it - about 3 in - but it felt way slower than normal - especially with finishing up the last season which got kneecapped right at the end.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Heffer posted:

Was posted earlier in this thread or the DC one before we made this thread:
https://twitter.com/AlanTudyk/status/1481817267537170433

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I'm impressed by how well the queen read Peacemaker's motivations. "I'll just draw a peace sign and get this hapless idiot to release me." is some A+ understanding of an alien species.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Push El Burrito posted:

If it makes people feel better there are a lot of cool wrestlers especially in the current times. And Mark Henry is generally thought of as being one of the nicest people to ever be around a wrestling ring.

Also John Cena is just such a good dude. I wish I was a 10th as cool as him.

I just discovered Danhausen thanks to Talking Simpsons so yea.

He might be evil, but he's not a chud.

I'd say that kickstart my heart will be used in the final fight but there's probably some other rocking high energy hair metal song to use.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 4, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Relevant Tangent posted:

I'm impressed by how well the queen read Peacemaker's motivations. "I'll just draw a peace sign and get this hapless idiot to release me." is some A+ understanding of an alien species.

:ssh: They didn't let it out of the jar on purpose.

twistedmentat posted:

I'd say that kickstart my heart will be used in the final fight but there's probably some other rocking high energy hair metal song to use.

I'd say it's too obvious, but KMH is also my favorite Crue song so I hope it gets in somewhere. If this was the first Suicide Squad movie it would play over a scene where somebody's heart has stopped and the other characters are scrambling to rig up a makeshift defibrillator to, and you're going to love this, kickstart their heart :razz:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
They used Kickstart My Heart in the trailer for the series.

I like that it gets out of the jar cause Vig was pantomiming getting drunk and high.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVhJy-CR64Q

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

How's the new season? I still haven't finished it - about 3 in - but it felt way slower than normal - especially with finishing up the last season which got kneecapped right at the end.

It's good but there's not nearly enough Timothy Dalton in it, which is an issue.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thrash Metal ≠ Hair Metal :colbert: Though the thought of season 2 having a soundtrack full of Metallica, Anthrax, Exodus etc does intrigue me, it's generally less immediately danceable / buttrock-y.

e:
In case anyone wanted to further expand their modern-ish hair metal playlist, I suggest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-u-vd5seiY

e2:
And by modern I mean 22 years ago, gently caress me :corsair:

vvv Heh, I caught that but didn't tie it to him asking for its favorite color. Nice attention to detail.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 5, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Relevant Tangent posted:

To be fair she'd been in the Senator for at least a while and had access to his memories. He was a politician so figure that strong social skills would be an asset of his.

I did like that the first question Butter-Sophie ask was "Where are Peacemaker and the buffoon?"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

RATT’s Wanted Man seems like a shoo in for the next episode imho.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

RATT’s Wanted Man seems like a shoo in for the next episode imho.

One of my favorite Hair Metal Fun Facts is that Ratt and Poison toured together multiple times so they could have a Ratt/Poison tour. We've seen Poison mentioned but I don't think we've heard them yet. Playing Every Rose Has Its Thorn over mass cop/nazi murder seems too predictable, Gunn'll probably use a deeper cut.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Watching how people get butterflied and then remembering Goff's kids :gonk:

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds

Takes No Damage posted:

One of my favorite Hair Metal Fun Facts is that Ratt and Poison toured together multiple times so they could have a Ratt/Poison tour. We've seen Poison mentioned but I don't think we've heard them yet. Playing Every Rose Has Its Thorn over mass cop/nazi murder seems too predictable, Gunn'll probably use a deeper cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk5y4wvsLyY
(song starts at the one minute mark)

It's a long shot but I've been hoping More Than Words shows up. It's just so pretty.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Man, this is a lot better than I was properly expecting it to be. Watchmen was loving awful so I was fully expecting this to be in the same big bucket as the marvel superhero shows or more star wars crap but it turns out if you give a guy like James Gunn the reins he makes some incredible stuff. Hell it's a treat to see Robert Patrick having work, even if he's still perpetually typecast as a villain. It's genuinely hard to not find at least something to like about every character they've introduced.

Felt really bad for the two cops there, oh my goodness. Their back and forth was really cute and the little reveal that she had feelings for him was made all the more bitter with Goff told him that.

itry posted:

Very plausible. There are some weak points in that armor after all.
Reading that spoiler guess there's no way that something like that doesn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Servaetes posted:

Man, this is a lot better than I was properly expecting it to be. Watchmen was loving awful so I was fully expecting this to be in the same big bucket as the marvel superhero shows or more star wars crap but it turns out if you give a guy like James Gunn the reins he makes some incredible stuff. Hell it's a treat to see Robert Patrick having work, even if he's still perpetually typecast as a villain. It's genuinely hard to not find at least something to like about every character they've introduced.

Felt really bad for the two cops there, oh my goodness. Their back and forth was really cute and the little reveal that she had feelings for him was made all the more bitter with Goff told him that.

Reading that spoiler guess there's no way that something like that doesn't happen.

Once this thing ends I need to The Marine on streaming somewhere to check out the first time Cena and Patrick shared the screen together.