Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Rest well, Monty :(

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Rosie tempting unsuspecting passerby’s with toe beans

was it a trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you know it

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I hope that your wounds heal quickly

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

caught Marceline trying to sneak up on me in the morning

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
That's a pouncing stance if I ever saw one.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Flakey posted:

That's a pouncing stance if I ever saw one.

Yeah that single paw in the air means you got like 2 seconds max to appeal for mercy

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah that single paw in the air means you got like 2 seconds max to appeal for marcy

fixed

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Weird cats, nice though, would pet.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

so we're visiting family and there's this judgmental little lady named fiona

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 7, 2022

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

oh gosh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i think you should pet that cat

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

also the internet is very slow here and I don't know if that picture even looks right

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wait the cat is just a giant floating cat head?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's when a cat reaches ultimate judgement nirvana

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh yeah the cat believes the top of the fridge is her sole and unassailable domain because she ain't seen someone taller than the fridge in years.

The fridge comes up to about neck height for me and she was not cool with this sudden geopolitical realignment

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

https://smile.amazon.com/Catflexing-Catlovers-Training-Aerobics-Stretching/dp/0898159407

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tinsel gets less and less kitten-like every day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tinsel fat

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

El Gar posted:

Tinsel gets less and less kitten-like every day.

She still has those crazy kitten eyes though!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tinsel looking like a seal

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Oh yeah the cat believes the top of the fridge is her sole and unassailable domain because she ain't seen someone taller than the fridge in years.

The fridge comes up to about neck height for me and she was not cool with this sudden geopolitical realignment

lol

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
More pics from the Humane Society!

Good work, Gippal and Rebeccah!

I don't know how Chris and Karis spent over 200 days in the shelter, but they've got a home now! Good work you two!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

Thanks for the well wishes. Monty took a turn for the worse last night and we had to get him euthanized.

He was the best cat ever. He would greet me every time I got home and want to be picked up so he could lick my ear, which I always did. He would sleep next to me in bed and wait for me to wake up before walking on top of me, unless he got too impatient and wanted to be pet right now. The only thing he ever did wrong was get 3 kinds of cancer and leave me too soon

I miss him

I'm so sorry.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
more cat posts

https://twitter.com/Luisfius/status/1490420671540776960

https://twitter.com/Luisfius/status/1489694616173662216

https://twitter.com/Luisfius/status/1489691133840134150

https://twitter.com/Luisfius/status/1489690949173366784

https://twitter.com/Luisfius/status/1489690363090644993

https://twitter.com/Luisfius/status/1489690309273571328

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

status: still upset about the tall goon visiting for the week

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

ive never seen a cat so OFFENDED at the existence of a human being before

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
how should I prep some leftover chicken giblets for my kitties? does anyone feed raw routinely enough?

just like… a rough chop should suffice?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAUXTON posted:

status: still upset about the tall goon visiting for the week

lol

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I know we tell cats to eat the food, but how can I tell my cat to drink the water? She's on kidney food, she's getting another fountain (and maybe this time she won't be afraid of it), I've ordered HydraCare from Purina, and she eats her kidney food mixed with warm water from an elevated bowl. She even gets the same filter pitcher water that I do.

The crabcake in question.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Luci update: wants food.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

crabcake drink the water

I had a cat who didn’t want to drink as much as he should have and it was food mixed with water and wet food for him that helped supplement

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I brought my Drake posted:

I know we tell cats to eat the food, but how can I tell my cat to drink the water? She's on kidney food, she's getting another fountain (and maybe this time she won't be afraid of it), I've ordered HydraCare from Purina, and she eats her kidney food mixed with warm water from an elevated bowl. She even gets the same filter pitcher water that I do.

my cat loved drinking from the running faucet in the bathroom more than any other source

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Quill barely touches her water these days but she's peeing normally and it's winter, and she gets wet food three times a day, so I'm assuming it's fine. If she doesn't drink in the summer I'll be worried.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yeah if the food is moist enough they can get most of their moisture from it. my dearly departed kitty who didnt like drinking got it only from his food and occasionally the toilet, when it caught his fancy, which was gross, but better than the alternative.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 8, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cat fridge saga is hilarious

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think I accidentally closed the bedroom door on Leo’s tail because he freaked the gently caress out and reacted like someone was trying to kill him. Now he’s hiding under the bed and I can’t check if I broke his tail. :cry:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

I brought my Drake posted:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

yeah if the food is moist enough they can get most of their moisture from it. my dearly departed kitty who did it like drinking got it only from his food and occasionally the toilet, when it caught his fancy, which was gross, but better than the alternative.

after her kidneys began to fail, my own dearly departed kitty also benefitted from switching to a prescription canned food only diet, and mixing in enough water to turn it into a meat slurry

that wasn't enough fluid though, my vet also prescribed daily subcutaneous fluid injections. (easier and cheaper to do yourself at home than you might think.) i don't think they prescribe this until the kidney disease is far advanced; as i understand it we were overhydrating her to dilute the fluid flowing through her kidneys, which helps them do their job

something about losing kidney function makes them feel less thirsty, which given the thing i just described, seems like the worst possible side effect of kidney problems :(