Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tiberius Christ posted:

even as someone as enlightened and understanding as Capt Picard would immediately start blasting away any bugs hijacking a person, not sure what judomaster can even say at this point that would convince anyone

They've obviously got some huge twist incoming with Judomaster. There's no other reason they'd keep him alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Because he’s awesome that’s why they didn’t kill him. That, or they have a deal with Cheetos.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The Butterflies are the only ones keeping the other 15 factions of brain snatchers in check.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cant cook creole bream posted:

The Butterflies are the only ones keeping the other 15 factions of brain snatchers in check.

Goff: You see, there is a deadly creature known as Starro the Conqueror, and only we can stop it should it ever come to this pla.... why are you laughing?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Goff: You see, there is a deadly creature known as Starro the Conqueror, and only we can stop it should it ever come to this pla.... why are you laughing?

While that idea is funny, presumably they did watch the international news and saw that thing.

By the way, did Starro name itself, or did that come from the creepy scientist?
For that matter, is "Butterflies" a slur? I guess Murn would know the actual name of the species, but it's not like he could explain that to Waller.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 7, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

While that idea is funny, presumably they did watch the international news and saw that thing.

For that matter, is "Butterflies" a slur? I guess Murn would know the actual name of the species, but it's not like he could explain that to Waller.

It's probably some weird, unpronounceable-with-a-human-mouth mostly consonants name which somehow translates to "The Butterfly People."

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Open Source Idiom posted:

Adebayo?

I can't tell if they're going for a miniseries vibe or a proper show her, so I dunno what the kill count is gonna end up being.

If it's a series all three survive, since they've got undeveloped plot hooks and their first in the dance. That's basically all I got though.

"Undeveloped plot hooks" chitters derisively in butterfly from inside a dead cop's head

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The doctor says "I call it: Starro the Conquerer!"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

The doctor says "I call it: Starro the Conquerer!"
My favorite part of "The Suicide Squad" is the quite obvious nazi nature of the all the US-backed experimentations in *check note for totaly normal central american prison name* Jötunheim. We should be happy they didn't call it Adolf.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Toplowtech posted:

My favorite part of "The Suicide Squad" is the quite obvious nazi nature of the all the US-backed experimentations in *check note for totaly normal central american prison name* Jötunheim. We should be happy they didn't call it Adolf.

Jotunheim, in the comics, was a Nazi fortress in their fake Middle Eastern country that the Suicide Squad was sent to attack when a terrorist group occupied it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

I rewatched that movie last week. The bunker itself was built by the Nazis before they were pushed out a few decades ago. Then the Americans came and used it for their ethically challenged ideas. I guess they used a lot of the stuff which was conveniently already set up.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/oeWYat3.gifv

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i love how the episode goes from funny to just super loving dark at that moment.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Everyone posted:

We're not killing our planet. Our planet's fine. Short of some astronomical collision that shatters it, our planet will continue circling our sun the same as it has for the previous billions of years.

In less than 5 billion years the sun will expand and the Earth will be inside of the sun. The Earth will absolutely not be fine without careful intervention from lifeforms.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Warner also pulled a mid-season recasting on Flight Attendant, replacing Sonoya Mizuno with Michelle Gomez. That was during the end of episode 4, even.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Jerusalem posted:

I would love if the show out of nowhere brought back Ratcatcher II to deal with the Butterflies

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Are you the one making all these gifv's that you post? If so please tell us your secrets.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
any editing program that can make an mp4 can then be uploaded to imgur to get a compressed gifv with sound

im an idiot and pay yearly for adobe though for all the extra knobs and switches

https://i.imgur.com/tE0SaPY.gifv

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1490149491701338112
That's kind of a fun fact.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/HP6CtvM.gifv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

any editing program that can make an mp4 can then be uploaded to imgur to get a compressed gifv with sound

im an idiot and pay yearly for adobe though for all the extra knobs and switches

I have no idea why I am apparently the only person in the universe this happens to, but every time I upload an mp4 to imgur it hangs forever on the upload, and if I refresh the page it has uploaded but with all the audio stripped out and the file dimensions changed automatically to like 960x540 (I basically end up uploading full hd mp4s purely to get a resized mp4 that looks somewhat reasonable). Uploading to other mp4 hosts like gifycat don't seem to have this problem so it's a complete mystery to me.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah that's the trick, you have to opt in to their "beta" which is terrible for actual image management/albums

I have a separate browser I use for the beta opt in so I don't have to switch back and forth

You want the UI that looks like crap and doesn't keep things in straight rows but something that looks like a tumblr profile all staggered, then it will let you include sound

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Completely besides the point by now, but what editor do you prefer? Bonus points for FOSS as I don't have Adobe money. I could/usually do things in Blender, but I've made gifs that crash windows on more than one occasion by accident and figure I might want to try a purpose built tool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh yeah that's the trick, you have to opt in to their "beta" which is terrible for actual image management/albums

I have a separate browser I use for the beta opt in so I don't have to switch back and forth

You want the UI that looks like crap and doesn't keep things in straight rows but something that looks like a tumblr profile all staggered, then it will let you include sound

:stare:

Thank you! Unbelievable, I had no idea this was even a thing!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Completely besides the point by now, but what editor do you prefer? Bonus points for FOSS as I don't have Adobe money. I could/usually do things in Blender, but I've made gifs that crash windows on more than one occasion by accident and figure I might want to try a purpose built tool.

For simple stuff like pulling out clips from a longer video, Shotcut is fairly straightforward and free/open source.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Warbird posted:

At a glance, shotcut looks almost identical to Premiere

In today's world, you don't want to really convert to gif anymore unless it specifically needs to be a gif

mp4/gifv just work better

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahhh joining the beta didn't work. Starting to think I'm just cursed :shrug:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This thing is worst than something Dr Venture would come up with.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

For simple stuff like pulling out clips from a longer video, Shotcut is fairly straightforward and free/open source.

Would recommend shotcut for simple cutting and re-encoding. Very low barrier to entry.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

This thing is worst than something Dr Venture would come up with.

Nah, Venture would accidentally put some kind of expired mutagenic chemical in the drinks that turned people (including himself) into bloodthirsty peace dove hybrids. This just tastes kind of nasty.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Honestly i thought from the look of it they were ingesting some of the butterfly syrup

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I dunno what's worse, The Peace Train or his hangover cure concoction

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Warbird posted:

You can do it all for free in Windows now if you're just making clips and doing simple editing.

You can record video on your screen using the Gamer Bar thing.

And you can edit the clips in the goddamn Photo app, of all things, just by typing "video editor" into the start menu.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Everyone posted:

I admit that I'm kind of waiting for Chris to learn that all the butterflies except Goff/Song are males so he technically had sex with a guy when that happened. And then have a freakout.

He already had sex with Vigilante, dude's bi (though I doubt he'd admit to/call it that). He's not gonna give a poo poo, even it somehow comes up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As he said in the first episode, the days when men were men is when they weren't afraid to be women.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

GreenMetalSun posted:

He already had sex with Vigilante, dude's bi (though I doubt he'd admit to/call it that). He's not gonna give a poo poo, even it somehow comes up.

Must've missed the part where it's revealed him and Vigilante banged but that relationship certainly has those vibes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
eh if banging your friend once or twice counted as making you bi then every dude with a friend would be bi lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Must've missed the part where it's revealed him and Vigilante banged but that relationship certainly has those vibes.

they had a 3some with that apartment lady

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Oh that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's only gay if the tips touch in a 3 way.