Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

post first bandit camp, idk who to support here

barney sucks, sophie sorta sucks, and aitor's okayish but he's military so sucks by default anyway

if i side with the former two am i gonna forfeit any chance to repeatedly stab barney later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This game breaks in reality interesting ways

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1291023075

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Does anyone know if you can start a new game, play with that for a while, then load up the old game progression again later?

While I can accept the "no manual saves" principle, I want to test out some things wrt a bug, but don't want to mess up my progress if it doesn't work out.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

haldolium posted:

I find kicking to be worse as in DL I find myself spamming E sometimes as it doesnt always register. Maybe (probably?) due to jump hight, but in DL1 it was way more obvious when it could be executed and when not. Also not quite sure but I think you didn't move as far forward after facekicking in DL

It's still very good when it works, as said. Kicking everyone off buildings (or just around) is drat satisfying.

One of the most annoying glitches I've encountered is with the air kick. I love jumping from really high up and then landing on someone with it, but twice now I've had it go into the slow-mo animation like it's lining up to do it. But then it'll back out and I'll splatter on the ground instead. It's both frustrating and hilarious

But yeah when skill kicks actually work they're awesome.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Speaking of which, is the "double jump" only possible after vaulting over low obstacles? It looks to be the same restrictions as the long jump but the description of the skill is totally different and doesn't really specify when you can do it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Hakarne posted:

One of the most annoying glitches I've encountered is with the air kick. I love jumping from really high up and then landing on someone with it, but twice now I've had it go into the slow-mo animation like it's lining up to do it. But then it'll back out and I'll splatter on the ground instead. It's both frustrating and hilarious

I came here to say I can't reliably get it to work. I thought it was totally bugged but tried it one last time and it worked. Can you use it to cushion a long fall, then, too? I only use it jumping off vans or 1-2 story buildings.

Also I just unlocked the 'drop kick' (on the right of the tree, maybe first or second level after the first skill) but how do I do just a normal kick like in #1? Are normal kicks even possible? I think it was just 'hit lb' in #1.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

A co-op player joined my game and told me about the duping exploit and we spent an hour duping materials and tokens. Now all my items and mods are maxed out. I throw a molotov cocktail at a mob and they're dead. Then the NPC compliments me on my fighting skills, even though I didn't do any fighting.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

redreader posted:

Also I just unlocked the 'drop kick' (on the right of the tree, maybe first or second level after the first skill) but how do I do just a normal kick like in #1? Are normal kicks even possible? I think it was just 'hit lb' in #1.

Jump and double tap the kick button. It used to be a single kick in the air to do it but you have to double tap now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ChocNitty posted:

A co-op player joined my game and told me about the duping exploit and we spent an hour duping materials and tokens. Now all my items and mods are maxed out. I throw a molotov cocktail at a mob and they're dead. Then the NPC compliments me on my fighting skills, even though I didn't do any fighting.

I'm sorry they did that to you, hopefully you can restart the game and get back to where you were before that event without too much trouble

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm sorry they did that to you, hopefully you can restart the game and get back to where you were before that event without too much trouble

Yeah I was gonna say, sounds kinda lovely. Wrecks the balance.

I haven't touched co op, don't want it to effect my game negatively.

Ciaphas posted:

post first bandit camp, idk who to support here

barney sucks, sophie sorta sucks, and aitor's okayish but he's military so sucks by default anyway

if i side with the former two am i gonna forfeit any chance to repeatedly stab barney later?

Trying not to spoil too much, but if you want to kill Barney give the water tower to the PKs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Play posted:

Trying not to spoil too much, but if you want to kill Barney give the water tower to the PKs

appreciated! dude severely needs a stabbin

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

appreciated! dude severely needs a stabbin

couldn't agree more, that was the entirety of my motivation as well

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man any time I try to loot instead of doing a windmill or unlocking a safe house, something happens. I killed all of the zombies around a supply convoy or something (no big/scary zombies) and was trying to burn them with the oil, then throw a red gas canister on them and it did nothing. I killed and looted all of them, then was lockpicking the truck when a huge BOOM happened. I have no idea what it was, the fire was out and I hadn't been able to explode the canister, but the runners decided that I had done whever the boom was and they swarmed me, so I wasn't able to get the loot.

Another time I did a night area and when I was halfway in, it was daytime so I had to gently caress off. Any time I try to go to one of these places I find I'm too far away from a safehouse or something so I need to unlock more. I think I need to maybe concentrate on doing them in areas where the peacekeepers own the area, AND I have a windmill unlocked so that all of the 'stuff' is set up in the area. That might make it easier.

edit: I was able to sneak-kill a 'level 2' zombie so somehow the game has decided I can beat level 2's, when I couldn't before. I wonder how that actually works?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Last night I made a go of looting the GRE hospital, it seems to comprise of four different levels, each with a bunch of lockpick opportunities and one inhibitor on each level. The zombies in there were all in nurse scrubs and higher level than me, making me think I shouldn't have been there at that point in the game, but I stumbled across it and figured why not.

Once I finished the first level and looted everything, I went down to the second briefly but decided I'd come back later.

When I went back up to the first looting level, I realized that night time must have ended and there were literally THREE times the amount of zombies there, just packing every room, than there had been when I had first arrived. And I had been on that level not thirty seconds before and everything was cleared out. Things got very tense because sometimes there are so many zombies that you can't physically get through a doorway or whatever to escape. I managed, but barely.

Pretty fun, actually!

quote:

edit: I was able to sneak-kill a 'level 2' zombie so somehow the game has decided I can beat level 2's, when I couldn't before. I wonder how that actually works?

You can see your character level in the select screen, you probably moved up to 2 yourself maybe

On the other hand, I've sneak attacked certain zombies but if they're too high level they don't actually die, not even close. They just get hurt a little bit. It's not fun

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol these quests are awful, I don't want to help any of these people and somehow every choice turns out lovely anyway

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 8, 2022

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

redreader posted:

Man any time I try to loot instead of doing a windmill or unlocking a safe house, something happens. I killed all of the zombies around a supply convoy or something (no big/scary zombies) and was trying to burn them with the oil, then throw a red gas canister on them and it did nothing. I killed and looted all of them, then was lockpicking the truck when a huge BOOM happened. I have no idea what it was, the fire was out and I hadn't been able to explode the canister, but the runners decided that I had done whever the boom was and they swarmed me, so I wasn't able to get the loot.

That happened to me a few times before I realized a few of those convoys have landmines scattered near them that will absolutely bring trouble running when something bumbles into them. I just never realized before since I almost always approach from above.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A nice lady in the bazaar gave me honey because I have kind eyes. Her son berated her and said I shouldn't be trusted.

Edit: chases are bugged on the ps4. Howls do not make noise, the music doesnt play, and none of the summoned zombies make noise.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 8, 2022

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hakarne posted:

it is extremely funny to do this on howlers as they are buggy as poo poo and sometimes simply... not actually there. Like no reaction, no nothing, not actual objects. Your kick stomp will glitch and you will make a lot of impact noises and float while aggressively stomping nothing.

Most of the bugs i find are of this weird variety of affecting gameplay but not in a very serious way, other than the glitchy survivor sense thing

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress I'm bad at this game. It's fine when I'm playing it safe during the day and not trying to go to any of the night areas which are 'safer at night', big lol. During the night I sneak around trying to find the entrances (yeah, scout during the day I suppose), fail, get howlered, run, run, glide, run, AS I'M GLIDING TOWARDS A BUILDING, the hatches on the building start opening, spewing out zombies, I walk (no stamina left), drop off the building, run to an air vent, glide, hatch opens and this time it's a volatile, I turn towards him to hit him once and he hits me first, killing me. Literally every time I go out at night, poo poo like this happens to me. Oh, it started off with me killing an air tank zombie and of course his air tank explodes. I think you need a non-modified weapon to last-hit those guys if you don't want them exploding on you.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

0 rows returned posted:

wow gently caress you game, making me climb the tallest building in the game and then making me jump off it in a cutscene without giving me a chance to grab the inhibitor

I made it here after 35 hours playtime and this caused my savegame to corrupt and I'm salty as hell right now. If anyone has any known fixes......drat games that autosave.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

0 rows returned posted:

wow gently caress you game, making me climb the tallest building in the game and then making me jump off it in a cutscene without giving me a chance to grab the inhibitor

You can take the elevator back up

edit: Also lol a hearty gently caress you to whoever made the virals leaping tackle tracking if you dodge early

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 8, 2022

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhnjzQ8WFU

Love those throwing knives

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I miss the ability to look back over my shoulder as I run.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BigglesSWE posted:

I miss the ability to look back over my shoulder as I run.

Good news! Press and hold caps lock (or the corresponding button on the controller) while running.

I rebound it to one of the side buttons on my mouse because that's less of a pain to press.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Here's the real question about this game:

How do trees grow on a concrete rooftop?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Why do the annoying bazaar people have the best upgrades? I will use the parkour poo poo, but not the traps. The faction system is more annoying than interesting.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Gortarius posted:

it's really not unrealistic, in a long enough timeframe.
Look at Pripyat today, nature doesn't really give a gently caress about buildings it just takes some time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqWoNwDNV4

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Why do the annoying bazaar people have the best upgrades? I will use the parkour poo poo, but not the traps. The faction system is more annoying than interesting.

I'm going full fasc this game. Any downside to always picking one faction?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

No. 6 posted:

I'm going full fasc this game. Any downside to always picking one faction?

Same. The ziplines will be sorely missed, but gently caress you for trying to lynch me.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If there was ever a game to support military jarheads it's this one. You get a semi auto firing crossbow that scales with your level.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gortarius posted:

all of these trees are ultimately growing on bare rock.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haldolium posted:

it's really not unrealistic, in a long enough timeframe.
Look at Pripyat today, nature doesn't really give a gently caress about buildings it just takes some time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqWoNwDNV4

Yeah I'm not sure it could happen in as quickly as 15 years, but plants are resilient as gently caress and there's nutrients to be harvested from drywall.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't even care about the crossbow, I'm going blue just because the PK can put up a wall straight and clean their drat rooms! :argh:

Secondary note, anyone else getting a bug where you level up and then don't get a skill point? Just because I'm running out of things I care about buying doesn't mean I don't want to buy them.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah, the timeframe is a little iffy but it seems like people are cultivating the plants, there is some future tech and additionally, the GRE dumped chemicals all over that made healing plants.

Anyway, I'll take some greenery over more Fallout poo poo any day:shrug:

Edit: Besides the real nitpicky question is what are they fueling all these generators with?

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 9, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hub Cat posted:

You can take the elevator back up

edit: Also lol a hearty gently caress you to whoever made the virals leaping tackle tracking if you dodge early

Also the big tank guy's huge mace smash that somehow creates a shockwave to hit you. Gotta dodge right at the last moment but your instincts are to go early so that you can get further away.

Am I the only one paying more attention to that jacked up character shadow lol. looks like he has his arms straight above his head in a circle shape

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Play posted:

Also the big tank guy's huge mace smash that somehow creates a shockwave to hit you. Gotta dodge right at the last moment but your instincts are to go early so that you can get further away.

Am I the only one paying more attention to that jacked up character shadow lol. looks like he has his arms straight above his head in a circle shape

that's the techland way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLadZotBuE

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Play posted:

i find that run in, hit twice, jump back twice, nearly always avoids the shockwave.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sebmojo posted:

i find that run in, hit twice, jump back twice, nearly always avoids the shockwave.

yeah i tend to get greedy and want to get more hits in, then it's too late to get more than on dodge max

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Funny how they went from pop up number spam to not even having health bars in DL1 (but brought that back in 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hub Cat posted:

Edit: Besides the real nitpicky question is what are they fueling all these generators with?

Freshly-squeezed zombie juice.