Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Yeah i think the lady comments about how they were pretty into each other tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's just mutually admiring each other's form during the act. And all the high fives.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I dunno what's worse, The Peace Train or his hangover cure concoction

i think that's a real thing called prairie oyster

but yeah... they're not great

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Crusader posted:

i think that's a real thing called prairie oyster

but yeah... they're not great

All the funnier that Vigilante actually WANTED to go get wasted with him on his day off.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's just mutually admiring each other's form during the act. And all the high fives.

Cause all that practice with each other finally paid off

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Must've missed the part where it's revealed him and Vigilante banged but that relationship certainly has those vibes.

He didn't have sex with Vigilante, he had sex, WITH Vigilante :v:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What is “throw your dog the invisible bone” supposed to mean? I guess it’s sexual but what an odd turn of phrase.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Mons Hubris posted:

What is “throw your dog the invisible bone” supposed to mean? I guess it’s sexual but what an odd turn of phrase.

I think it's a reference to chasing something that doesn't exist or is unobtainable. The whole song is about what you're willing to do or give up to achieve fame.

ie: faking your dog out when you make the throwing motion during fetch but don't throw anything.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Trying to understand 80's cock rock like the titular Peacemaker

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Trying to understand 80's cock rock like the titular Peacemaker

:ssh: Song is from 2010.

e:
And this is the album cover :rock:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 9, 2022

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I would still consider it to be 80s rock

Same with steel panther and such

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Oh i told another goon that he was an idiot for thinking steel panther was too expensive for the show by saying wig wam was what steel panther was making fun of. I should probably apologize to them

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Takes No Damage posted:

Unironically love this.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Takes No Damage posted:

:ssh: Song is from 2010.

e:

Wig Wam isn't a joke band, but they're not supposed to be taken too seriously either. Before this they were best known for being in the Eurovision Song Contest...

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

That's the same contest that spawned sax guy?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Euros will never understand jazzz lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That's the same contest that spawned sax guy?

Yeah the meme was originally from the 2010 Eurovision contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The Nazi arc being kinda out of place at the moment, I'm predicting that they'll reach a peace treaty with the butterflies where they'll be allowed to inhabit earth in peace as long as they only hollow out Nazis and live as not-Nazis.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
I don't remember when the thread title happened. Is the rune tablet Peacemaker found up someone's butt?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
peacemaker: hey guys i found a spaceship at the place where catwoman tried to kill me

rest of cast: WHO CARES

we know why now but it's just so funny that they didn't sit him down right then

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I don't know what their population numbers are, but if they wanted to hollow out 1 million hosts in exchange for fixing the climate, it'd be worth it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Heffer posted:

I don't know what their population numbers are, but if they wanted to hollow out 1 million hosts in exchange for fixing the climate, it'd be worth it.

ah, ecofascism

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jabronie posted:

I don't remember when the thread title happened.

It's a reference to the thread title's previous incarnation, which was just quoting Peacemaker's Wookie Q-Truth.

Speaking of, one of my favourite gags with this show is all the ridiculous "Batman does scat" bullshit that Chris is always reading on the Internet and then loudly repeating to people even though he probably knows it's all disinformation or whatever. It's a really fun, smart gag, on several levels.

But mostly I just love the idea that Wookiepedia will now, and possibly forever, have to deal with randos claiming that Wookie definitely have anal dentata.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's weird that each butterfly gets its own spaceship. Just make one big one! No wonder you destroyed your planet.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
In any other show the sequences where the butterflies are burrowing into people's brains would be some pretty severe horror but in this show it's funny (that sequence where everyone taken over at the precinct/jail/prison is walking around smiling goofy as hell, for example).

Argue posted:

The Nazi arc being kinda out of place at the moment, I'm predicting that they'll reach a peace treaty with the butterflies where they'll be allowed to inhabit earth in peace as long as they only hollow out Nazis and live as not-Nazis.

Turns out that scene where they take over a police station and all the people in jail/prison is going to be perfectly in line with that because ACAB and gently caress all those nazis in the prison.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah especially those black nazis in prison just trying to read a book in the sliver of sunlight on that bench

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

jails aren't prisons so presumably along with the actual nazis there there's also your random people who are primarily guilty of being too poor to pay bail

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jabronie posted:

I don't remember when the thread title happened. Is the rune tablet Peacemaker found up someone's butt?

nah the mods are using people's posts as titles instead of actual quotes, shaking my drat head

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah especially those black nazis in prison just trying to read a book in the sliver of sunlight on that bench

I know we're supposed to assume that guy was still in there but barring explicitly showing him being brain-eaten by a butterfly I'm assuming he got out on bail before that happened because this is a fantasy world where Amanda Waller is in charge of an entire covert arm of the government and her daughter is having wacky adventures with John Cena.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/9kHoiLP.gifv

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I know the smiles are supposed to be goofy but that makes the scene work even more in a good way, harkening back to Goff-as-Song complaining that you have to remember how to smile each time and every one is different when they take a new host.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

It's weird that each butterfly gets its own spaceship. Just make one big one! No wonder you destroyed your planet.

For real. It's very wasteful.

moist turtleneck posted:

Sacrifices must be made, amirite? No room for nuance here.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a reference to the thread title's previous incarnation, which was just quoting Peacemaker's Wookie Q-Truth.

P sure it’s referencing the fact that they discussed and strongly denied that ingress by poop chute isn’t something that the bugs will do, meaning that one will absolutely positively go up someone’s bum by the end of this; most likely by the parties strongly denying it for max comedic value.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Warbird posted:

P sure it’s referencing the fact that they discussed and strongly denied that ingress by poop chute isn’t something that the bugs will do, meaning that one will absolutely positively go up someone’s bum by the end of this; most likely by the parties strongly denying it for max comedic value.

It's been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWAMgvNJ-ro

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god drat I don't remember the cast of that movie being so stacked

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Going by the emotionless faces in the opening credits everyone dies lol

Senator Drinksalot fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 9, 2022

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Remember that movie about aliens thad had their hosts poo poo them out? The stephen king movie?

edit: dreamcatcher, that's it

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
My fav gag is still the Matter Eater Lad bit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

gross dude, i don't care if it's the difference between killing and saving a planet I'm not riding a bus or subway even if they are spaceship versions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/AlanTudyk/status/1491461373565423616?s=20&t=GBFILpanhQAC2SbSJpwFPw