Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
News at last – kinda.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1477278488314920963

Other than that, expect Splatoon 3 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m sure we’ll see a good deal of it whenever Nintendo does their first Direct of the year. Can’t wait.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splatoon will be a March release and the Splatoon direct will be on Jan 13th.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh, woomy?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
This would make me and my son very happy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You wish. The games were released around summer, and Spoon 3 will be no different.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
If we're getting anything as early as March it'll probably be a testfire demo.

I do think we're due for a direct soon though

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

You wish. The games were released around summer, and Spoon 3 will be no different.

1 was late May and 2 was mid-late July, so it's not like they really have consistency or anything.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Nintendo doesn't usually announce games more than a year in advance. Zelda and Metroid are the only ones that buck this trend regularly.

March.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

The Splatoon team likes puns, so it's going to be released on June 23rd.

Toon -> 2
3 -> 3
Supura -> 6 (There is no number that starts with "su" in English or Japanese, so "six" is the closest one, pronunciation-wise. There is the number 4 in Japanese, which can be pronounced "shi", so April 23rd is a possibility, but since it would make sense to use the English "2" from "toon", I think they'll go with the English "six" for "su".)

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
pinku (japanese for "pink")

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

pinku (japanese for "pink")

This motherfucker knows how to specify a kawaii rear end bento box.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Direct happened, Splatoon 3 Salmon Run was shown.

There was much rejoicement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The new Salmonid bosses looked... Boss

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I don't understand anything of what I saw but I am ready to waste many more months on this

I dearly hope they learn from last time and let people just play it whenever instead of having a schedule

I know they will still have a schedule

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Show me the idols!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fedule posted:

I don't understand anything of what I saw but I am ready to waste many more months on this

I dearly hope they learn from last time and let people just play it whenever instead of having a schedule

listen squid, if you want a job, you work around Grizz's schedule. Grizz doesn't work around yours.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fedule posted:

I'm not too bothered by the schedules since they tend to last for a day or two sometimes more and the events come every couple of days so it works out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The schedules make sure there's full lobbies

Also that people don't just play one mode on one stage and get too much narrow practice

I think it's good, generally

I do sometimes get miffed I can't run salmon

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
The Salmon Run schedule used to suck with how much time it would spend closed, but the way it has been after Splatfests ended* where there's only like a 6 hour gap every two days where you can't play or whatever is not bad.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Bloop posted:

The schedules make sure there's full lobbies

Also that people don't just play one mode on one stage and get too much narrow practice

I think it's good, generally

I do sometimes get miffed I can't run salmon

While the schedules were done to avoid queue splitting issues, it turned out the playerbase for the game was healthy enough that they didn't really need to constrain it like that. Heck there's numbers during Splatfest of player counts (before Nintendo boarded that data hole up) At this point the schedule is namely a holdover with almost how little it matters.

I bet at worst in 3 it'll stick with 2's new schedule, which is significantly better than it was at launch. Opened up so little and was closed for so drat long. Opened for like 12 hours and closed for like 24 to 36. Now it's open for like 40 to 48 hours and closed for like 6 to 12. At best it'll just work on a system similar to PVP map rotations and is open 24/7.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

NA Splatoon twitter account was created today, and will be the new source for Squid Research Lab updates.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/1491543070747156481?t=GQ959EyTk3BvzibsU9jstA&s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Splatoon 3: Metal Gear Squid V

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Waffleman_ posted:

Splatoon 3: Metal Gear Squid V

And I'm very here for it

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

The new Salmon Run mechanics mirror objectives of the ranked modes. To defeat the Flip Flopper, you must capture the zone of ink beneath it. To defeat the Fish Stick, you must ascend the tower. Passing golden eggs simulates the tossing of clams. And the Godzilla Salmonoid? Yes but of course! Much like the Rainmaker did before it, the Godzilla Salmonid will help to redefine our cultural standard of beauty.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1517489097224617984?s=21&t=c1SFC245kKQG7S1cauRq-w

Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Edit: they also announced that the Octo Expansion is now included with NSO+Expansion Pass

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 22, 2022

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hell yeah. Hopefully there’s a beta during the summer.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Just a heads up, if anyone wants to make a Splatoon 3 thread some point in the future, go ahead. It's time for me to pass the baton.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where
Is
The
Amiibo
???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Where are the idols

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Upsidads posted:

Where
Is
The
Amiibo
???

They never reprinted the Splatoon 2 amiibo & I'm still salty about it.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Just a heads up, if anyone wants to make a Splatoon 3 thread some point in the future, go ahead. It's time for me to pass the baton.

you did good, squid :tipshat:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Good news.

quote:

Save Data Cloud is only compatible with offline play data.

From here at the bottom of the page in gray text. The game actually has cloud saves this time. 2nd game didn't have that because it stored your rank client side instead of server side, and they tried using lack of cloud saves as a justification as an anti-cheating measure.

Interestingly enough there's only 1 ROM for the game this time, where the previous 2 games had 3 different ROMs, JP, NTSC, and PAL. Which is how the game region locked Splatfests and had different themes going on at the same time, so I'm wondering how those are gonna be handled this time. On the more negative side of things for 2, but positive for 3, this also happened to enforce region locked gear, which is no longer possible in 3. If they release some Japanese exclusive code for some clothing, and you get your hands on one somehow, you can actually redeem it in-game this time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm very jazzed for spla3n

:woomy:

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I haven’t kept up with how cloud saves work because splat2 is the only game I play.

Does cloud saves in 3 mean that I could pick up a Lite for travel and seamlessly play between two systems?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1517489097224617984?s=21&t=c1SFC245kKQG7S1cauRq-w

Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Edit: they also announced that the Octo Expansion is now included with NSO+Expansion Pass

Man those perspective changes were very smooth.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
My son and I are hyped. Only disappointing thing about that was September is not in Summer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fall starts on the 22nd of September so it is still in fact summer.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe they’ll improve the net code. What was it people didn’t like? The tick rate or something right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'd bet there'll be a dedicated Direct within a month or two announcing a testfire as a network test.