Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Caseman posted:

I'm between Red Rocks and seeing the show in Franklin because I'm in Nashville that weekend for Jack White. Have you been to that venue?

I haven't, no. I just moved here in May and, y'know, COVID. Never made it to a show here pre-COVID because there are a million venues in Nashville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Two hundred and fifty loving dollars for a ticket. gently caress me.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Caseman posted:

I'm so starved for a show, especially a show of his caliber that I would probably pay that in a heart beat. It was tempting as it is, but I knew that factoring in the cost of travel and lodging would sour me on the idea. I'll just remain bitter and deal with my FOMO.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

hatelull posted:

I'm so starved for a show, especially a show of his caliber that I would probably pay that in a heart beat. It was tempting as it is, but I knew that factoring in the cost of travel and lodging would sour me on the idea. I'll just remain bitter and deal with my FOMO.

I paid it because yeah, I'm also desperate to see a great concert again but it hurt like hell. List price for the first section of Red Rocks is $150 I wonder what those are going to actually sell for.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
im in the waiting room for red rocks, inshallah i get a ticket

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

im in the waiting room for red rocks, inshallah i get a ticket

Goonspeed.

Which day?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Caseman posted:

Goonspeed.

Which day?

Saturday, still in the queue.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Impossible to buy tickets with this slow rear end queue, by the time it finished it was sold out. hosed up cuz i was in there for hours too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Caseman posted:

:eyepop: Yikes!

I'm sure it'll be a good show, though. For that amount of money, it better be!

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Impossible to buy tickets with this slow rear end queue, by the time it finished it was sold out. hosed up cuz i was in there for hours too.

Truly sucks

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Copped a row 27 ticket. gently caress it. Red rocks baby

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Copped a row 27 ticket. gently caress it. Red rocks baby

Lucky you. Was in queue and got row 41 for Friday. 130/ticket as I had to have my souvenir one. Going with the brother in law for the second time to Red Rocks

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm gonna try for tickets again on Saturday and I get any better may sell the one I got today since I was only able to get one. If anything it should be fine, but its a bummer because everytime they showed up available I would put 2 people and it didn't let me.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
what the gently caress is this dynamic pricing poo poo

I guess the fansale sold out if I'm seeing it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
remember when cranky old Trent demanded that people stand in line shoulder-to-shoulder and physically interact with people in order to buy tickets to some tour

simpler times :smith:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Minidust posted:

remember when cranky old Trent demanded that people stand in line shoulder-to-shoulder and physically interact with people in order to buy tickets to some tour

simpler times :smith:

I would prefer to find out that tickets are expensive and sold out at home online rather than have to drive a half hour into the city to get the same news, tbh

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Robert Facepalmer posted:

I guess Trent can put up with Uncle Al these days. At least for a weekend.

I envy anyone who gets to go, that's a great lineup for a show. I wonder if Al will play a lot of Barker-era songs or mostly the new thrash-y stuff? It would be weird if he was playing newer material (I know he has a new album to promote and another one nearly finished and ready for release, but still) given he's on a bill with NIN & Nitzer Ebb.

No idea how Trent feels about Al either but Al seems to have really mellowed out and I recall an interview some years back, around the time he was relocating from Texas to LA, where he said he'd like to work on a project with Trent. I'm sure Trent's happy to keep working on new NIN material but it would be interesting. I think that people lucky enough to attend the show will definitely get either Supernaut or Get Down Make Love.

I wonder if Trent will debut any new material?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hoping for some good guests/openers for this tour. TR always picks good bands for the most part to open

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

hatelull posted:

Here's your chance for "Supernaut" in the states I guess ..

So what did Cleveland ever do to deserve such an awesome line up?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's weird to see NIN playing a show with traditional industrial bands. It's actually kinda weird how little Trent talks about industrial music despite being the most successful industrial artist. Maybe it's one of those things like The Cure and Sisters of Mercy denying that they're goth bands.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Madkal posted:

well hes from cleveland for starters

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Madkal posted:

Is it also a hall of fame make up show?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I've been waiting for the Youth Code/Health/KMFDM/NIN tour for some time...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

I've been waiting for the Youth Code/Health/KMFDM/NIN tour for some time...
I saw youth code open for health once. so loving sick

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Didn't have any luck with Cleveland tickets... Had two lawn tickets today and went through checkout then they suddenly vanished with an apology message from TM. Also, lol, $20 in fees on a $29 ticket.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Well it was impossible again to buy tickets, so looks like I'll be going to Red Rocks solo. Hit me up if you're going!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Why the gently caress are these Ticketmaster platinum seats $250 but stubhub and seat geek is like $125-$150? This Berkeley, the entire thing is GA.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

There's not even anywhere to see what face value should be, this is hosed up even by Ticketmasters standards

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Triple post: got 2 Berkeley tix for $153 each off Seatgeek. Still $285 cheaper than Ticketmaster.

gently caress Ticketmaster forever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1492579668981006336

This ARG was what got me really interested in NIN. I'd heard NIN prior to this, but the creativity and mystery of the Year Zero ARG really got its hooks in me. Year Zero is still one of my favorite NIN albums to this day.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

15 years ago jesus christ. I remember listening to that first leaked track, I think it was my violent heart, the first time, and showing it to my then-girlfriend while waiting in a drive thru. We later married, had kids, and divorced. Where does the time go

:corsair:

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 12, 2022

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Danny Jane is an ending that haunts me to this day. I really wish we got more cool internet experiences like that before they were all snuffed out by algorithms and SEOs.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Pirate Jet posted:

Danny Jane is an ending that haunts me to this day. I really wish we got more cool internet experiences like that before they were all snuffed out by algorithms and SEOs.

o my god, dj, it’s over the capitol. o my god, o my god i’m so sorry.

this is the beginning

the stars are blowing out like candles, danny jane

make a wish make a wish make a wish make a wish make a

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Apparently they've announced 2 nights at Eden Project in Cornwall.
£70 or £150 per night.
Every non-uk band I've had tickets for in the past 2 years has pulled their show at the last minute so I'm not hopeful this would go ahead sadly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's weird to see NIN playing a show with traditional industrial bands. It's actually kinda weird how little Trent talks about industrial music despite being the most successful industrial artist. Maybe it's one of those things like The Cure and Sisters of Mercy denying that they're goth bands.

He was interviewed in the Wax Trax documentary that came out a couple of years ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NonzeroCircle posted:

Apparently they've announced 2 nights at Eden Project in Cornwall.
£70 or £150 per night.
Every non-uk band I've had tickets for in the past 2 years has pulled their show at the last minute so I'm not hopeful this would go ahead sadly
In the email I got about it, the fan presale code is WELCOMEOBLIVION. Could that mean something HTDA related?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Rageaholic posted:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1492579668981006336

This ARG was what got me really interested in NIN. I'd heard NIN prior to this, but the creativity and mystery of the Year Zero ARG really got its hooks in me. Year Zero is still one of my favorite NIN albums to this day.

same for me! i think i looked up the precursor to this thread because a friend showed me the only music video and within a couple weeks the arg started and i just got completely hooked on it

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

coronaball posted:

Triple post: got 2 Berkeley tix for $153 each off Seatgeek. Still $285 cheaper than Ticketmaster.

gently caress Ticketmaster forever.

You would hope that a freaking pandemic that shut down concerts for the last two years would have destroyed TM but pure evil cannot die.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
fyi uk/europe goons, nine inch nails are playing two gigs at eden project in cornwall, on the 17th and the 18th of june. book here if you're so inclined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

nurmie posted:

fyi uk/europe goons, nine inch nails are playing two gigs at eden project in cornwall, on the 17th and the 18th of june. book here if you're so inclined

I'm not even from there and it was so easy to get to checkout. gently caress axs and ticketmaster fr