Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Barry posted:

That's understandable but for 20 minutes (each way?) out of way driving that still doesn't make any sense to me

Agreed. I'll use Costco's pumps if I happen to be at one when I notice my tires are low because they're even easier to use than my own compressor, but that's about it. At the very least driving 20 minutes out of the way means you're airing up hot every time so you need to add at least a couple PSI.

The pumps you find at most gas stations are indeed absolute trash. Most of the ones I've seen don't even have a gauge, not even the lovely dipstick one that probably isn't accurate after being handled by every loving dipshit in a thirty mile radius.

Get a compressor at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol "out of the way" haha I mean you're there every day anyways what is the parking lot too capacious. I mean just move closer so your daily commute isn't as long haha

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I feel like a decent portable air compressor at home is a worthwhile investment for a hundred something dollars, can power tools and a blowgun attachment is useful for cleaning computers and stuff, better to check and air your tires while they're cold from home anyways.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When you said blowgun I thought you meant the kind you shoot stuff with. That'd be cool with an air compressor.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Renegret posted:

One time I only needed like 5lbs in a single tire so I tried to use a bicycle pump. That was a loving mistake I tell you what

Second bonus is that I don't have to go out with my wife's car when she needs air. She's car dumb and I don't think I can handle teaching her how to do it herself. One day she calls me from her drive home and says, hey I have a light on my dash that looks like a butt do I need to worry??? I was able to just take care of it when she got home.

"There's a blue sailboat warning on my dash, what do I do."

Edit: we used to have to grab a cart crew person to help fill tires during the cold dips, we would have a constant stream of cars wrapped around the back of the building to get filled on the first day it dropped under 40.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 10, 2022

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When you said blowgun I thought you meant the kind you shoot stuff with. That'd be cool with an air compressor.

Yeah why don’t you call it in the air and we’ll find out if it’s cool.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The 4505 chicharrones are back in stock, I'm going to eat so many pork rinds. They usually only ever have the regular chili, I wish the jalapeno & cheddar ones showed up more often.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
This "free air" conversation is a bit baffling to me since I live somewhere that access to free air and tap water is a legal requirement for selling fuel.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The CAT jump pack I picked up from costco in Oct (I think) has a compressor where you can punch in the psi you want.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Soul Dentist posted:

Lol "out of the way" haha I mean you're there every day anyways what is the parking lot too capacious. I mean just move closer so your daily commute isn't as long haha

Only once a day? I question your devotion

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Your don't know how long I spend there

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I built a fort back in paper goods and moved in, every few days I just move further back but so far they haven't noticed me

Get on my level scrubs.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I built a fort back in paper goods and moved in, every few days I just move further back but so far they haven't noticed me

Get on my level scrubs.

I know you're lying because paper goods is a barren wasteland where the lonely spirits of TP past roam among the empty pallets.

The real fort making opportunities are with the million bags of fertilizer stacked in the center of the store.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Get on my level scrubs.

I'm a level above you, literally. I am in the racks above you right now...

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Get on my level scrubs.

I worked at a grocery store in high school. My friend Nick hollowed out one of those huge displays of 12 packs of coke and made a hiding spot for weeks.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought the Skullcandy Grind Fuel (:barf:) earbuds and.... one of them doesn't work. Not gonna get back to Costco until next Tuesday unfortunately. The one that does work is pretty nice, the case charges on USB-C and it has tap AND voice controls for music which will be pretty dope. But we're already off to a bad start here, Skullcandy.

For the record, the barf is for the name. It's so fuckin' awful.

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 10, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Trastion posted:

I'm a level above you, literally. I am in the racks above you right now...

Humans had no natural aerial predators... Until the invention of the Costco manager's scissor lift

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

bagmonkey posted:

I bought the Skullcandy Grind Fuel (:barf:) earbuds and.... one of them doesn't work. Not gonna get back to Costco until next Tuesday unfortunately. The one that does work is pretty nice, the case charges on USB-C and it has tap AND voice controls for music which will be pretty dope. But we're already off to a bad start here, Skullcandy.

Honestly a set of Samsung earbuds are pretty decent. I have a set of the actives and they work great and are perfect for running. And sound better then the Skullcandy

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Honestly a set of Samsung earbuds are pretty decent. I have a set of the actives and they work great and are perfect for running. And sound better then the Skullcandy

I'm getting to the point where I might just do that. I've been debating just going to the $100sh price point because it seems where quality and price happily meet

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If you wait for a sale you can snag the apple earbuds for a hundred bucks, or the newer model for $150, and they're the gold standard

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Communion is secured

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018
I absolutely love the dried apricots but they give me farts that make me question my overall health. Can someone please tell me they relate?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

just a kazoo posted:

I absolutely love the dried apricots but they give me farts that make me question my overall health. Can someone please tell me they relate?

get your scrolling finger ready for these comments

https://divide.wordpress.com/2006/06/05/dried-fruit/

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

bagmonkey posted:

Mine also did that right out of the box. I just re-paired them and everything was fine.

Something to try if you haven't done so already. I think it's even on their quick-start.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Hambulance posted:

Mine also did that right out of the box. I just re-paired them and everything was fine.

Something to try if you haven't done so already. I think it's even on their quick-start.

Yeah, since I'm stuck with them for a bit I'm gonna gently caress around with them tonight. They seem pretty good and I really like the Tile tracking part because I'm a terrible klutz. I'll eventually get some nice ones but I'd love some $50 ones for when I get drunk while camping and wanna jam out to My Morning Jacket while staring at a fire

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

just a kazoo posted:

You're probably not eating enough fiber. Eat more fiber regularly and it might go away. Costco sells GasX if you need it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

mariooncrack posted:

You're probably not eating enough fiber. Eat more fiber regularly and it might go away. Costco sells GasX if you need it.

Costco: the cause of, and solution to, life's farts.

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018

Ror posted:

get your scrolling finger ready for these comments

https://divide.wordpress.com/2006/06/05/dried-fruit/

Wow first time in my life I've looked at a comment section and felt better about my life

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

AKZ posted:

The CAT jump pack I picked up from costco in Oct (I think) has a compressor where you can punch in the psi you want.

Yes. This has been easily one of my best Costco purchases. It's been very helpful for charging devices when the power goes out too. I've gotten way more value out of it than the $100 they sell it for.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

I like Costco.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DkHelmet posted:

I like Costco.

:hmmyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally remembered to crack open my 505 for the first time. I made an egg bake yesterday and am having it right now and doused it with the green chilis. They're pretty drat good. I will never go through this bottle before it goes bad.

edit: I wish it was a bit hotter.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 11, 2022

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

bagmonkey posted:

I was just coming here to ask about these. Maybe I'll give them a shot anyways since my current pair of knockoffs finally died.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I got them and they were perfectly fine for workout earbuds and I haven't tried them under winter headgear yet.

I have more faith in them than the Bluetooth Beanie I got over Christmas.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
The meme loaf does not measure up to the hype.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

just a kazoo posted:

Much dried fruit is sulfured as a preservative. That combined with the fiber should Super Colon Blow ya pretty well

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Dried apricots do that to everyone! It's a lot of fun.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dms666 posted:

I was just coming here to ask about these. Maybe I'll give them a shot anyways since my current pair of knockoffs finally died.

Other than the one earbud not working, I'm pretty sure these are gonna be my knock-around pair of earbuds for the future. They will be perfect for camping, travelling, taking them places I might lose them. I'll probably splurge for a nicer pair for around the house stuff in the near future too.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

redreader posted:

Dried apricots do that to everyone! It's a lot of fun.

No, sometimes they just give you horrible itchy hives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I’ve been eating a lot more fresh fruit daily thanks to Costco, makes me a bit gassy probably due to the fiber since it’s indehestible, but thats other people’s problem.