Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

pr0p posted:

zero percent chance robert patrick was in that costume at any point. he looked like the personification of back pain in the live action scenes.

Not when there were stunts, but he did wear the costume. I saw an interview with him where he said once he saw how cool (and expensive) the costume was, he was freaked out about gaining any weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Checkhov's Butthole was Economos all along.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I loved the two idiots mocking Judomaster. Like, in a world that you know has super-people in it, why the gently caress would you as a normal chode, mock anyone in a costume when they could so easily turn out to be be some super-powered/skilled badass who can and will put you in the hospital for like six months.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The cow is creepy I love it

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Very weird going from the 40 minutes of boring shots of people shooting at each other vaguely in Boba Fett yesterday, to a few small skirmishes with individual beats, with ups and downs. Like some proper filmmaking. (Also the kind of thrashing camerawork that stunt people tend to use when they're given directorial control - especially in the motel fight. Always been fascinated by that.)

CelticPredator posted:

The cow is creepy I love it
SO GLAD they didn't wait for the finale for that reveal.

eke out posted:

lol @ the subtitles having insulting names for the various nazi goons
Mapped in the credits too!

That said, I am uncomfortably distracted by Skinhead Girl's eyes.

Everyone posted:

I loved the two idiots mocking Judomaster. Like, in a world that you know has super-people in it, why the gently caress would you as a normal chode, mock anyone in a costume when they could so easily turn out to be be some super-powered/skilled badass who can and will put you in the hospital for like six months.
To be fair he could've just been a guy who's really good at brazilian jiu-jitsu in a non-superpowered world and broken them into individual bones, people will absolutely still act like that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
loving awesome episode. Can't wait for the season finale!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I have a parrot and I would love if I could teach it to hug me.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

VagueRant posted:

Very weird going from the 40 minutes of boring shots of people shooting at each other vaguely in Boba Fett yesterday, to a few small skirmishes with individual beats, with ups and downs. Like some proper filmmaking. (Also the kind of thrashing camerawork that stunt people tend to use when they're given directorial control - especially in the motel fight. Always been fascinated by that.)

SO GLAD they didn't wait for the finale for that reveal.

Mapped in the credits too!

That said, I am uncomfortably distracted by Skinhead Girl's eyes.

To be fair he could've just been a guy who's really good at brazilian jiu-jitsu in a non-superpowered world and broken them into individual bones, people will absolutely still act like that.

Well, sure they do. We live in a world where this just happened. Still you'd think that people in the world of DC Comics which has Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, would be less likely to tease costumed people just in case one of them could incinerate them with a laser butthole or something.

OTOH, I've been watching the new Reacher series on Amazon Prime. Alan Ritchson is built like a depleted uranium brick shithouse in a big, clearly dangerous way. And punks still go out of their to pick fights with him. Which they lose. Painfully.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

...Lois Lane dies and everyone thinks that Superman will just rewind time so they have a "No Consequence Day" until they see Superman happy at Lois' funeral with a new girlfriend.

Okay I forgot about the existence of Powerless too but I've spent over a full minute cackling at this idea and now I kinda want to watch it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VagueRant posted:

The stuntwork in this show has generally been pretty good. I loved Harcourt's wall run to turn a grapple into a flip. Corridor Digital should do one of their Stuntmen React videos with that scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oib-X-8p6I

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

While I agree that I want more Sophie Song, it seems unlikely.
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1490147882959314949?cxt=HHwWioC5qdfmiK4pAAAA

Maybe the bug will impersonate her a bit. Looking forward to a scene when she gets to meet Augur again.she was not fond of him.

Someone in Youtube comments made a horrifying realization with this: when the Butterflies are drinking their nectar, they must be lowering the tube through the hole in the skull out the mouth to their "seat."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

Make sure to get a selfie when it happens

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VagueRant posted:

well at least the 2 bros didn't get the hot cheeto torture

etalian fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 10, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I like that the first thing Judomaster has apparently done after escaping was to go and eat some cheetos. Priorities.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Phenotype posted:

Okay I forgot about the existence of Powerless too but I've spent over a full minute cackling at this idea and now I kinda want to watch it

I've been trying to remember the name of that show forever because when I describe it to people as "show where Bruce Wayne's cousin runs lovely crime-fighting invention company" they'd be all "That sounds like it'd be good but I can't think of anything like that"

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Phenotype posted:

I mean, it was quite bad, but it did have Alan Tudyk and an occasional good joke

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Powerless also has Phil Morris as a Star labs scientist that I am going to assume is Silas Stone, considering Phil Morris also plays him in Doompatrol.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Haha how the gently caress is a pro wrestler a better actor than 95% of Hollywood? Pulling off that scene in the vet with the eagle, and he did it acting against nothing or some sort of stand-in. It's hard to picture how many professional actors could pull off the mix convincingly, and at most, what? A handful? It's insane.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Justin Credible posted:

Haha how the gently caress is a pro wrestler a better actor than 95% of Hollywood? Pulling off that scene in the vet with the eagle, and he did it acting against nothing or some sort of stand-in. It's hard to picture how many professional actors could pull off the mix convincingly, and at most, what? A handful? It's insane.

Cena's pretty naturally gifted with improv, and a lot of his wrestling work involved improv/selling through movement and expression, so it's kinda a perfect storm

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Justin Credible posted:

He's punching above his presumed weight class, certainly, but let's not get nuts with it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Wrasslin is just more physical acting than usual hth

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

thebardyspoon posted:

I sorta feel like Judomaster might be the victim of some rewrites or something but they still wanted to keep the sweet fight scenes and the fun actor in. Like, he's not a butterfly, says "the butterflies aren't what you think", seems to be working with them but doesn't seem to be in contact with the butterflies currently and yet still knows to go to Murns apartment and attacks them. Unless there's a big shoe to drop still, feels like he's acting at cross purposes to each faction we've seen.

The only relevant reveal Judo Master could make now is that the butterflies want to stop a worse alien invasion. He could be scheming with Waller too, which would explain how he found Murn.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

a emotional support parrot

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

etalian posted:

a emotional support parrot

No joke. He's 30 years old. I'm 40. I've known him nearly all my life. I'm going to be completely devastated when he does pass away.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

TheSwizzler posted:

Cena's pretty naturally gifted with improv, and a lot of his wrestling work involved improv/selling through movement and expression, so it's kinda a perfect storm

If only he could stop calling his spots so loudly the people in the cheap seats can hear it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Confused when people are surprised WWE people are good actors when they've basically had to do theatre, like live performance as characters for decades. I don't give a gently caress about wrestlers but those people are obviously consumate entertainers. (Although I get that it doesn't normally call for the emotional range John Cena expressed to a nonexistent eagle)

chitoryu12 posted:

The stuntwork in this show has generally been pretty good. I loved Harcourt's wall run to turn a grapple into a flip. Corridor Digital should do one of their Stuntmen React videos with that scene.
Still thinking about how Stupenhausen ragging John Cena side to side like a ragdoll in that doorway was one of the greatest action beats I've seen in a while. (Before he even goes through the wall)

itry posted:

I like that the first thing Judomaster has apparently done after escaping was to go and eat some cheetos. Priorities.
D-did Adebayo taser him to death? I'm still kinda thrown by him surviving getting shot in the heart, and after that he totally disappeared from this episode. Really seemed like they were building to him joining the team by his 'they're not what you think' and kicking the crap out of guys you were happy to see get the crap kicked out of them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VagueRant posted:

One of the famous Andre the Giant: World Class Drinker stories is that he went to a bar for a few (dozen) beers and some college dudes looked at the literal giant and decided,"Let's go pick a fight with that guy!"

From memory, the story ends with them screaming and sobbing in their car after Andre chased them into it and then tipped it over with them inside.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

VagueRant posted:

D-did Adebayo taser him to death? I'm still kinda thrown by him surviving getting shot in the heart, and after that he totally disappeared from this episode. Really seemed like they were building to him joining the team by his 'they're not what you think' and kicking the crap out of guys you were happy to see get the crap kicked out of them.

His liver moved up to replace his heart. It’s a super power that ninjas have.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

VagueRant posted:

He was zip-tied after that, so he's still alive.

So unless he shows up at the farm in the last minute, it does seem like a weird arc for him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I like how after Snyder failed spectacularly to make people care about the DC universe they switched gears and just embraced how loving dumb comic books truly are.

Failed so hard he got his cut out and it was enjoyed by a ton of people.

Can we stop with this revisionist poo poo.

Anyways...

That was incredible and Cena deserves some insane recognition for just this episode alone. I hated seeing it end and drat, season finale next week. :/

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Jose Oquendo posted:

No joke. He's 30 years old. I'm 40. I've known him nearly all my life. I'm going to be completely devastated when he does pass away.

This is me and our cats. They are individuals who are, I swear are sapient assholes, but what can you do? They're the Ottawa truckers of animals: just in the way all the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea! Kill those nazis!
Also that luger looked tiny in Cena's hand.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Failed so hard he got his cut out and it was enjoyed by a ton of people.

Can we stop with this revisionist poo poo.

Anyways...

That was incredible and Cena deserves some insane recognition for just this episode alone. I hated seeing it end and drat, season finale next week. :/

Yeah, it's seriously like people are just using clickbait social media headlines as actual opinions or reviews for films. Snyder Cut, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 1, etc. were all received well outside of being caught in a dumb culture war with Marvel fans. And DC actually has something going by having a variety between Snyder's earnest and straightforward stuff, Marvel type movies, and TV shows that take Z-listers and just go wild with them. You have an actual variety of things instead of one singular "thing" where people with different tastes can enjoy things from the same "universe" which is what comics are all about.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of that show forever because when I describe it to people as "show where Bruce Wayne's cousin runs lovely crime-fighting invention company" they'd be all "That sounds like it'd be good but I can't think of anything like that"

A weird thing about Powerless was how it got completely retooled after the original pilot was shot. The show was originally supposed to be about an insurance company in the DC universe run by Lex Luthor's son (still played by Alan Tudyk.)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I might be imagining it but it seems like Economos's dyed beard has been growing out over the season and showing the grey.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

The only relevant reveal Judo Master could make now is that the butterflies want to stop a worse alien invasion. He could be scheming with Waller too, which would explain how he found Murn.

They promised him the technology that allows vehicles to transform into monoliths. Improving inner city parking is Judo Master's #1 priority.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ubik_Lives posted:

They promised him the technology that allows vehicles to transform into Cheetos. Eating Cheetos is Judo Master's #1 priority.

FTFY

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I really hope that isn't the last we see of Judomaster.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Caesar Saladin posted:

I might be imagining it but it seems like Economos's dyed beard has been growing out over the season and showing the grey.

He stopped dying it after he and PM got buddy buddy after the gorilla incident a couple of episodes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VagueRant posted:

Confused when people are surprised WWE people are good actors when they've basically had to do theatre, like live performance as characters for decades. I don't give a gently caress about wrestlers but those people are obviously consumate entertainers. (Although I get that it doesn't normally call for the emotional range John Cena expressed to a nonexistent eagle)

Yeah sure, wrestlers end up acting but nearly none of them ever hit the level of skill Cena is showing off in this show.

Austin? Goldberg? HHH? Hell even the Rock has given up doing anything but being himself.