Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

i suppose this is true and i'd probably feel differently if i was somewhere infested by chuds

i thought you lived in america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

rotor posted:

this is true but also its been in the middle of a fuckin wave for like 2 years now and frankly i'm gettin kinda antsy

dude i get it, i haven't seen my friends in over a month

but i don't expect that to be forever, maybe in a couple weeks if the current trend holds I'll start hanging out with them again

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fart simpson posted:

i know from the outside it looks like a homogenous miasma of poo poo but think of it like how hell is a pretty bad place but some circles are worse than others

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

fart simpson posted:

no, i'm in san francisco

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
so, you know, neoliberals.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
doing stuff that involves a decent chance of needing hospital services for non-covid-related reasons is also looking like a pretty bad idea right now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone said "chovid" yet?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

echinopsis posted:

:mods:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Tayter Swift posted:

something i've learned about wfh is that i'm really poorly suited to 8 hours straight work

lemme do a couple hours here, gently caress off for a few, get back to it for a while, take a nap, few more hours from like 10pm-1am or w/e, long as it adds up

Lol if you can work more than 2 hours in a day not counting meetings.

I seriously don't know if my brain is broken or the world has finally gone off the rails. I went from one broken job to another in the past year. New job wasn't broken when I joined and then in the first 3 months things went south with a bunch of people leaving. I can't understand how people can do this every day for 8 hours any more. I always "hated" working, but at least I could put in the effort a lot more in the past.

I feel guilty as hell about it too because I get to work from home and prior to it I'd thought it would be a dream.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jabor posted:

doing stuff that involves a decent chance of needing hospital services for non-covid-related reasons is also looking like a pretty bad idea right now

Actually considering selling my liter bike and sticking to the little slow supermoto for this exact reason.

But glad some fuckers get to exercise their freedoms at applebee's. For sure.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

TerminalRaptor posted:

Lol if you can work more than 2 hours in a day not counting meetings.

I seriously don't know if my brain is broken or the world has finally gone off the rails. I went from one broken job to another in the past year. New job wasn't broken when I joined and then in the first 3 months things went south with a bunch of people leaving. I can't understand how people can do this every day for 8 hours any more. I always "hated" working, but at least I could put in the effort a lot more in the past.

I feel guilty as hell about it too because I get to work from home and prior to it I'd thought it would be a dream.

the key is we don't do it for 8 hours op. we do the same poo poo as you: meetings, plus maybe 2 hours of actual work on a good day

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

is this what happens when you flatten the curve

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

is this what happens when you flatten the curve

more like fatten the curve

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

more like fatten the curve

curve's just gotta be wider than it is tall

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mediaphage posted:

curve's just gotta be wider than it is tall

real pandemics have curves

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

quote:

I hope we all realise that the time has come for Hong Kong to take some tough measures. And every measure that we now introduce has been undertaken in other jurisdictions, including some places and countries which are very proud of their human rights, their democracy and so on. They are doing all these sorts of things because this is about life.

from our fearless leader carrie lam, announcing the closing of churches and barber shops until the end of the month.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the key is we don't do it for 8 hours op. we do the same poo poo as you: meetings, plus maybe 2 hours of actual work on a good day

except then your day fills with meetings and welp where does the 2 hours go

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DuckConference posted:

except then your day fills with meetings and welp where does the 2 hours go

If the meetings are important then you push the work.

If the work is important then you push the meetings.

If both are important then you push your manager.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i have to go into the office tomorrow

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

:rip:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PIZZA.BAT posted:

same, lol. why ?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

same, lol. why ?

company decided in the middle of this surge that the numbers look good so everyone back in the pool

it’s only once a week for now at least

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
3,450 American deaths were reported yesterday and you know they’re cooking the numbers.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

3,450 American deaths were reported yesterday and you know they’re cooking the numbers.
seems like it's kind of past a threshold you'd never forget. but here we are

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

seems like it's kind of past a threshold you'd never forget. but here we are

if we acknowledge the deaths then the virus will know we are afraid of it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

seems to me that if they can't be honest then we should just stop tracking it all together

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

Cat Face Joe posted:

seems to me that if they can't be honest then we should just stop tracking it all together

That's the problem, they're already dismantling the reporting processes and that's going to leave people like my wife and I no guidelines for when it's safe to leave the house for routine poo poo. very cool.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

the answer is never, honestly

the US will just slowly recede into a death spiral as the older, unhealthy, and elderly all but vanish, birth rates decline as we’re seeing Covid causing stillbirth via destruction of the placenta, and mass emigration by those who can afford it, and would be the driving force behind any change in the country’s direction from the Ivanka 2028 timeline

huh, sorry, what? I was daydreaming

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
death stranding was a best-case ontario

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

psiox posted:

Can I at least have the Sugar Free White Monster?

FAKE EDIT: I turned my monitor off and there it is!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I wonder when they're just going to give up and reopen the border without testing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

psiox posted:

agreed, would rather deal with angry ghosts than republicans. at least when you piss on those they go away

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

psiox posted:

best-case ontario

dont doxx my indie band

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lament.cfg posted:

the answer is never, honestly

the US will just slowly recede into a death spiral as the older, unhealthy, and elderly all but vanish, birth rates decline as we’re seeing Covid causing stillbirth via destruction of the placenta, and mass emigration by those who can afford it, and would be the driving force behind any change in the country’s direction from the Ivanka 2028 timeline

huh, sorry, what? I was daydreaming

where the gently caress do you think they're going to emigrate to

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also get the gently caress out of here with handwringing about birth rates

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a suspicion that anyone who complains about birth rates has a racist reason for it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sagebrush posted:

i have a suspicion that anyone who complains about birth rates has a racist reason for it.

we all have that suspicion, except for the racists

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

we must secure a future for American children i was shitposting idiots

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
hello fellow computer touchers, i called in sick and read Bartleby, the Scrivener today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cloks posted:

hello fellow computer touchers, i called in sick and read Bartleby, the Scrivener today
i would prefer not to