Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
also ya'll motherfuckers saying that brussels sprouts are bad are objectively wrong. they are the best vegetable and i'll stab someone over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

when the hdmi from my apple tv to my television fucks up this is what it displays.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Large Testicles posted:

also ya'll motherfuckers saying that brussels sprouts are bad are objectively wrong. they are the best vegetable and i'll stab someone over it

I made a batch just this very week. olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic. 40 mins in the toaster oven. De-fuckin'-licious.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i have like 10 different recipes for brussels sprouts. some are easy, some are an insane pain in the rear end but gently caress, it's like the best bitter flavor there is and it goes so well with so many different things, it likes fat, it likes vinegar, it likes salt, and it likes caramelizing. what the gently caress else could you want out of a leafy vegetable.

i bet all you brussels sprouts haters are like "yeah, i'll have the house salad with ranch dressing please"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wasn't there a thing where up through the late 80s early 90s brussels sprouts really were bad and they ended up genetic-engineering the suck out of them, and thats why so many millenial/x'ers loving hate them

image tax

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

yeah, that's actually a thing. i'm not gonna be assed to find the link, but someone else can if they want. the brussels sprouts that we enjoy now are like the 90's "here's why GMOs are good if you do it right"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah modern brussels sprouts taste loving delish. I distinctly remember them not being nearly as good 20-odd years ago

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

even old school "genetic modification" occasionally resulted in some absolute garbage. look up Bradford pear trees that smell like jizz socks

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Same. My brain just doesn't process them at all.

has nobody made a site where you can upload these images and see the result? i'm in the same situation

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Large Testicles posted:

Start with yourself, gross food liker

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Start with yourself, gross food liker

my blood is in every batch of sprouts i've ever peeled

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

wasn't there a thing where up through the late 80s early 90s brussels sprouts really were bad and they ended up genetic-engineering the suck out of them, and thats why so many millenial/x'ers loving hate them

I don't think they're GMOs (otherwise we couldn't grow them in NZ) I think the gross flavours were bred out of them using selective breeding. etc. I also think the hatred stems from people historically cooking the poo poo out of them turning them into foul grey porridge.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
idk, they still kinda suck

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

content... partway down the keyboard rabbit hole

or

Qpycb, with the letter E in a special place

or maybe

and then you can

or you can use the almost Colemak, but not quite, Qwfpg layout

or a strong contender

personally I use the hand mash layout and that's why I aced grade 9 keyboarding

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Large Testicles posted:

gently caress, it's like the best bitter flavor there is

this is a contradiction, and the reason they're bad

well, something could be the best and still awful, i suppose

the only way they're palatable is if you cover them in tons of other stuff so that they dont taste like brussel sprouts anymore, because what they taste like is just awful bitter

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
a bowls board would be neat. havent convinced myself its worth the expense just to try out tho

maybe do a kit and see how it goes

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Sagebrush posted:

it came from this long imgur album that has a whole pile of horny ones at the end.

https://imgur.com/gallery/V13qb7A
i'm the various iterations of dickbutt

also legitimate whoa at the swimming 3d shark, i had no idea animated stereograms could actually work. now i feel compelled to try magic carpet's ludicrous stereogram mode again

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

minato posted:

heard you was talk 'n poo poo

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Large Testicles posted:

even old school "genetic modification" occasionally resulted in some absolute garbage. look up Bradford pear trees that smell like jizz socks

People plant these (plus London plane trees) as ornamental trees in car parks around here so every spring the shopping centres smell like cum. We have about a zillion natives to pick from and we choose the jizz pears

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Raluek posted:

this is a contradiction, and the reason they're bad

well, something could be the best and still awful, i suppose

the only way they're palatable is if you cover them in tons of other stuff so that they dont taste like brussel sprouts anymore, because what they taste like is just awful bitter
I love the flavour for a sprout or two but the bitterness just builds and builds until it swamps everything else. they're awesome in veggie curries tho, all the good flavours stick around but the farty bitterness is gone.

Most people who dislike them are just more sensitive to bitter flavours. It's a genetic curse but probably not as bad as thinking coriander tastes like soap.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

canyoneer posted:

at the time that the native american grave protection and repatriation act (nagpra) was passed, there were living indigenous people who had the remains of their grandparents displayed in museums.

here's an extremely weird amateur archaeologist story.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/10/how-the-fbi-discovered-a-real-life-indiana-jones-in-indiana

pro-click

what a weird ride

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

i don't remember this but im sure i wanted it as a childe

also available in sleek modern silver

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I love the very relatable use case of “turning on a tv in a board meeting that you’re not in”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
buddy, it's 15:00 and that means football

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

go play outside Skyler posted:

has nobody made a site where you can upload these images and see the result? i'm in the same situation

https://magiceye.ecksdee.co.uk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bssoil posted:

I don't think they're GMOs (otherwise we couldn't grow them in NZ) I think the gross flavours were bred out of them using selective breeding. etc. I also think the hatred stems from people historically cooking the poo poo out of them turning them into foul grey porridge.

i feel like the preferred method growing up was steaming of boiling or something bland and roasting makes a big difference

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

brutal

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I love the very relatable use case of “turning on a tv in a board meeting that you’re not in”

well they're not just going to come out and admit that the actual use-case is loving around with the TV in class are they.

teacher is trying to show you a 15 year old VHS about crop rotation and you keep turning the tv off

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you might also be at a bar

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

you might be a gizmodo blogger looking to get banned from ces

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

now that I think about it, this is how CJs are made

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Large Testicles posted:

i have like 10 different recipes for brussels sprouts. some are easy, some are an insane pain in the rear end but gently caress, it's like the best bitter flavor there is and it goes so well with so many different things, it likes fat, it likes vinegar, it likes salt, and it likes caramelizing. what the gently caress else could you want out of a leafy vegetable.

i bet all you brussels sprouts haters are like "yeah, i'll have the house salad with ranch dressing please"

Nah, they just are terrible for me. All other cabbage family stuff is absolutely fine - broccoli, nappa, etc. Sourkraut, kimchi, all the different ways are a-o-k by me, but brussels sprouts will always taste like sulfur to me. It's kind of like how some people cannot stand cilantro (the best herb). Glad you like them though.

edit: and before it's suggested again that the new breeds are good and I should try them, I have as recently as 2 years ago and they still loving suck.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 12, 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
all this whining about how sprouts hurt people made me want some for breakfast. these were picked a couple days ago

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Magic Eye Posters: bad
Brussels sprouts; worse
Amberpos: good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like all three.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

People plant these (plus London plane trees) as ornamental trees in car parks around here so every spring the shopping centres smell like cum. We have about a zillion natives to pick from and we choose the jizz pears

they grow fast. that's why you see them, developers plant them so the property looks nice for buyers and tenants and they can cash out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

compared to some of the filler sports on off-season weeks, the crop rotation video would be better