Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

New Englanders Only jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Zil posted:

In the right circumstances, it can be. :science:

:thejoke:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

subs are full of seamen so yes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Cos its inconvenient? I have to put stuff back in the basket to then take it out of the basket again. It doesn't speed up gently caress all.
Having the back shelf is a good idea, but the rest can sod off.

It doesn't speed up your shopping, it speeds up the rate of scanning, meaning the store can pay fewer cashiers. It is designed to minimise the amount of time you require direct interaction with store personnel for the same reason you also are expected to get the stuff off the shelves in the first place is.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Feb 15, 2022

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OwlFancier posted:

It doesn't speed up your shopping, it speeds up the rate of scanning, meaning the store can pay fewer cashiers.

Exactly. This is the same reason you should avoid self-checkout if at all feasible.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Self checkout does have the advantage of not feeling like someone is holding a gun to my head

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The Bloop posted:

New Englanders Only jokes

Which part is New England-y because I’m not from there and it’s fine for me

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

Self checkout does have the advantage of not feeling like someone is holding a gun to my head

Also no one else is touching my stuff, and I don't have to talk to another person, and it's faster.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
If you use self-checkout you should balance out the labor lost by creating work for other departments of the store, like loss prevention

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Killingyouguy! posted:

What if there's a big lineup behind you

and they all have guns

what then

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Scaramouche posted:

What if there's a big lineup behind you

and they all have guns

what then

Not everyone on the internet is American 🙄

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdvosArt/status/1493076679199453185

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/844677044960624650/942439017901862962/keft1ukTVeQvVkEv.mp4

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

If I wanted a robot to condescendingly tell me what to do I'd start delivering for amazon

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

freeedr posted:

Which part is New England-y because I’m not from there and it’s fine for me

New Englanders Only sounds like a very bad dating site. Besides, we're not hard to find. If you message someone to say hello, and they message back "what do you want" then there's a good chance it's a New Englander. Or just an rear end in a top hat. Same diff.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cut the pube

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Cuthe Pubthe

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Cube Pub? Cue the Pub?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like self checkout because it confuses old people.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I know I'm not old because self checkout only sometimes confuses me.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Which is great, until you get more old people than checkout machines. Then you get an old person jam.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Killingyouguy! posted:

My local supermarket has security cameras in each one and a screen directly in front of your face showing you that they're recording you.

I'd rather a gun than a live video feed of myself.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Complete the self checkout procedure while maintaining constant eye contact with the camera.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/GetGianni/status/1493661776658976773

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gianni is a treasure

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I was getting fuel one day at this style of pump

The teenager/20something was taking the nozzle back and forth between their car and the pump. I glanced over and saw they were pressing the octane sticker to try to get it to start.

After about a minute of this they got worried and started looking around in terror, so I flailed my arms, pointed at the nozzle retaining bracket, and mimed a lifting motion.

"When technology confuses young people".

vvv It was in Washington, far from Oregon.

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 00:28 on Feb 16, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

The teenager/20something was taking the nozzle back and forth between their car and the pump. I glanced over and saw they were pressing the octane sticker to try to get it to start.

After about a minute of this they got worried and started looking around in terror, so I flailed my arms, pointed at the nozzle retaining bracket, and mimed a lifting motion.

You don't happen to live next to Oregon or New Jersey do you?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brewmaster posted:

New Englanders Only sounds like a very bad dating site. Besides, we're not hard to find. If you message someone to say hello, and they message back "what do you want" then there's a good chance it's a New Englander. Or just an rear end in a top hat. Same diff.

What the gently caress is a samey

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

What the gently caress is a samey

It's kinda like a sangwich

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume that is a kerning problem and it's s a r n e y/s a r n i e,

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gonna get some stickers made up of the county Commissioner of Weights and Measures saying I DID THAT and put them next to the "sealed" badge

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

What's going on at the Florida Georgia border that they 'have no words' for slappin meat between buns and covering the whole thing with thick white sauce

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

What's going on at the Florida Georgia border that they 'have no words' for slappin meat between buns and covering the whole thing with thick white sauce

It was the only option the pollster had for incoherent meth fueled ranting.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Some things transcend language.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The people of that area have no mouths and thus can't eat and have no need name dishes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Florida Georgia lyin

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

wtf y'all have 85 and 88 octane? 91 is the basic poo poo here, some places have 95 and most places have "premium" which is 98.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah american petrol is lower octane than UK stuff, not sure why exactly. Over here I think everything has standardized on E10 95.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

bike tory posted:

wtf y'all have 85 and 88 octane? 91 is the basic poo poo here, some places have 95 and most places have "premium" which is 98.

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah american petrol is lower octane than UK stuff, not sure why exactly. Over here I think everything has standardized on E10 95.

Its the same octane rating, we just label it differently. Europe uses RON, US uses the average of RON and MON. Its even explained on the yellow tag.

Just another example of Americans needing to have their own unit of measure for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

https://twitter.com/Josejusejo/status/1493728918360276992