Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

do i "find new and exciting ways to break things" or do i just highlight where there needs to be more dipshit-proofing

those are one and the same, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

do i "find new and exciting ways to break things" or do i just highlight where there needs to be more dipshit-proofing

Those are the same picture.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

hbag posted:

"a common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

as opposed to posting with them.

I'm actually normal. :)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm tangential

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I also love bisphenol A

most of that's been removed! because of all the bad press.

so instead they use all the other bisphenols that nobody talks about and are equally as bad

cls: joined the luxury first world butts

mildly displeased that my toilet has a remote but at least it doesn't have wifi?

need to dump some citric acid in there to dissolve the hard water lines

i can't remember if i posted this or not but a selection from the instructions:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bisphenol A isn't even that bad for you unless you're like taking a bath in the stuff. you undoubtedly get more poisoned from, say, breathing fuel vapors while pumping gas than from the miniscule traces of BPA in polycarbonate food containers.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

wait what about being outdoors?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

bisphenol A isn't even that bad for you unless you're like taking a bath in the stuff. you undoubtedly get more poisoned from, say, breathing fuel vapors while pumping gas than from the miniscule traces of BPA in polycarbonate food containers.

unsurprisingly you aren't paying attention to the conversation

we're not talking about food containers; we're talking about thermal paper which can literally have BPA in concentrations of up to 1000 times greater than a can liner. here's a study from just four years ago in korea:

quote:

Bisphenol A (BPA) is one of the most widely used chemicals in various consumer products. In thermal papers such as receipts and tickets, BPA is used as a heat-activated developer. Cashiers are therefore suspected to be a vulnerable group of exposure to BPA, but neither contribution of receipt handling to the total body burden of BPA among cashiers, nor related health effects are well characterized. Female cashiers (n = 54) were recruited from seven retail shops of a major supermarket chain in Korea, and urinary levels of BPA and metabolic syndrome (MetS) related biomarkers were measured. In order to estimate the contribution of receipt handling to the body burden of BPA, an intervention was designed on the use of gloves: the subjects were asked not to wear gloves during the work for one week, and in the following week, to wear gloves. Urine samples were collected at pre-shift and post-shift for the first two consecutive days in each week, and urinary BPA concentrations were measured. In cashiers without gloves, about a two-fold increase in urinary BPA concentrations was observed after work-shift. When the cashiers wore gloves, however, urinary BPA levels showed no changes. Higher urinary BPA concentrations were associated with greater levels of fasting insulin and insulin resistance. Our observation shows that receipt handling among the cashiers could double the BPA exposure levels at post-shift compared to those at pre-shift, and use of simple protective equipment such as gloves could effectively reduce the BPA exposure levels.

54 is definitely enough to think about the results and perhaps take some easy precautions like just wearing gloves.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh geez. people better stop eating fax paper.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sagebrush posted:

oh geez. people better stop eating fax paper

you cant tell me what to do

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

mediaphage posted:

cls: joined the luxury first world butts

bidets are one mark of an advanced civilization

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

oh geez. people better stop eating fax paper

it's absorbed through the skin you complete pillock

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’m the turbo wash

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mediaphage posted:

it's absorbed through the skin you complete pillock

cashiers should certainly be wearing gloves, just like any other worker should be wearing the appropriate PPE for their job. not even for BPA, but just because people are gross.

BPA is not a concern for people who don't have a clear occupational source of exposure.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

bidets are one mark of an advanced civilization

My parents installed some when I went back and they're legitimately life changing. They had the ones that heat up the seat so your rear end is always warm.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

BPA sounds like whats going on in this thread
Bitches Postin' AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

hbag posted:

BPA sounds like whats going on in this thread
Bitches Postin' AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!

you're one to talk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

cashiers should certainly be wearing gloves, just like any other worker should be wearing the appropriate PPE for their job. not even for BPA, but just because people are gross.

BPA is not a concern for people who don't have a clear occupational source of exposure.

yeah i mean how many people can there be that handle scraps of thermal printer paper all day? 12?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

if i had a hazardous job, i would simply get different job that isn't hazardous

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

yeah i mean how many people can there be that handle scraps of thermal printer paper all day? 12?

lol how dare you question his supreme scientific acumen?????

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

periodically i get these posters who seem to have a little vendetta against me, which is weird because i don't have vendettas against anyone.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

periodically i get these posters who seem to have a little vendetta against me, which is weird because i don't have vendettas against anyone.

i have no vendetta, i just find it really annoying when you ignore a conversation, come up with a point that isn't relevant, and make up a completely different point to argue against

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thats just an occupational hazard of professorin

ppe is insults all day erry day. go wear that ppe sagebrush

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sagebrush posted:

i have a vendetta against whoever its funniest (to me and me alone) to have one against at the current moment

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

hbag posted:

i have a vendetta against whoever its funniest (to me and me alone) to have one against at the current moment

hi, yospos news, here

how often do you find yourself the funniest

followup question

how does a vendetta against yourself play out in such an instance

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage with that double kill

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mediaphage posted:

you ignore a conversation, come up with a point that isn't relevant, and make up a completely different point to argue against

hhahaha yesssss the tenure is flowing through me. consuming me. you haven't seen the beginnings of my power

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

just got out of my chair and i had one of those weird balance kinda things like when you stand up too fast
except it didnt go away after a few seconds like usual

so now my vision kinda feels too floaty and smooth like my brain's over-correcting for something and it's loving with my balance

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

just got out of my chair and i had one of those weird balance kinda things like when you stand up too fast

one time that happened to me and it turned out to be an earthquake.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

hbag posted:

so now my vision kinda feels too floaty and smooth like my brain's over-correcting for something and it's loving with my balance

sounds like vertigo, drink some water and lie down

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

sounds like vertigo, drink some water and lie down

i thought vertigo only happened when you were really high up and looked down (because then you start trying to consciously correct your balance, intentionally or not)
should note im not arguing with you, just that i didnt know vertigo could occur when you were on solid, not-very-high ground

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

vertigo can be a symptom of many medical conditions that can happen anywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo

i have a relative with some kind of inner ear disorder that causes severe vertigo, and a couple of times a week he just collapses where he is and starts barfing. it really sucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

stop reading him your posts and he'll be fine

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

vertigo suck deez nuts lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i had a coworker who'd get vertigo attacks and it looked like it really sucked

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I hope they vertiGO to the polls!!!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Sagebrush posted:

I bet you have a vendetta against the airspace above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel still in the fuek truck!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol of course the moment I quit shoveling and snow blowing it started snowing again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

Hey guess what.

I have no clue what it is.