Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hobo Clown posted:

Do we know if the cow squeezings have an expiration date? If Goff is the only butterfly left they could presumably last a while on the existing barrels as Peacemaker's second favorite non-verbal animal sidekick.

Presumably, it's quite limited. Otherwise they would have stockpiled way more of that stuff. The end of the episode makes it pretty clear that he's just handing her the last few drops he owns as a final meal. She (and probably the world) is doomed and she just accepted it at this point, but doesn't really blame Chris for doing what he thinks is right. It's honestly a bit sad. It sounded like this population would starve out after a century anyway, but they wanted to have some significant positive effect before they'd be gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

theflyingexecutive posted:

Adebayo's first human torpedo is one of the best pieces of physical comedy I've ever seen

Makes me wonder if Gunn wasn't trying to backhandedly homage this:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

itry posted:

I guess she could keep on living on some of what was left, but there are other butterflies other than the ones that were present on that field (all over the world probably). And Goff implied that Murn was part of an entire faction that were against "guiding" humanity. It'll probably take weeks, but they're all going to starve. Unless they somehow find or create a new food source. Or go back home I guess.

Murn said he was the only one who didn't go along with it.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

theflyingexecutive posted:

Murn said he was the only one who didn't go along with it.

Nevermind. I remembered her saying "...his faction won't be able to stop us" (episode 7), but it was "his outfit" and she was talking about Peacemaker and friends.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Where was the 100 year lifespan of the cow mentioned? I missed that one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Warbird posted:

Where was the 100 year lifespan of the cow mentioned? I missed that one.

When SonGoff talked to Chris and told him how her species came to earth, she mentioned it. Something like "We could not get sustenance, so we brought the cow. She could feed us for hundred years."

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Jokes on Adebayo, we don't get to make our own choices about climate change, equally inhuman people like Bezos, Musk, and lich senators do

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I cracked up at the scabies helmet having mile radius. That's just so pointlessly powerful for no reason.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The Justice League continued to live up to the 'dickhead' rating as they most likely said 'oh well nothing we can do' and GTFO'd.

They left the battlefield untouched until Judomaster came along to mourn his former buddies.

I mean, c'mon, at least Superman / Flash could have neatened up the place at super speed before the meat wagons arrived.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Thundercracker posted:

I cracked up at the scabies helmet having mile radius. That's just so pointlessly powerful for no reason.

Considering the Auggie unironically thinks scabies is a test all men should pass to become MEN he probably thought it would work great in a Hitler Youth esque training camp when he got his 4th reich off the ground

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
I love the idea of Vigilante just being too insane to die. Like it simply doesn't occur to him and for that reason he's unkillable?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

punched my v-card at camp posted:

I love the idea of Vigilante just being too insane to die. Like it simply doesn't occur to him and for that reason he's unkillable?

lol the 'wile e. coyote running off a cliff' theory of vigilante's metahuman abilities

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Ehh.

The very first thing, THE VERY FIRST THING, the butterflies did when they got to Earth was massacre a poo poo ton of unknowing and blameless humans. Like, as horrifying as the scene where Vigilante whistles as he snipes Goff's kids, we now know that those kids were murdered, cored-out meat suits for a couple of butterflies; however abstractly noble their ultimate goals, the butterflies were starting from a sub-Vigilante level of ethics. Nothing good would have possibly come from their plan.

*Puts on his "Peacemaker Did Nothing Wrong" t-shirt*

Also they took over a bunch of kids. I can understand why you would take over Goff, and maybe his wife, but why did you need to take over his kids? Even the homely butt baby deserves better than that!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Chekhov's Helmets?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/dcpeacemaker/status/1494478336700997632?s=21

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Presumably, it's quite limited. Otherwise they would have stockpiled way more of that stuff. The end of the episode makes it pretty clear that he's just handing her the last few drops he owns as a final meal. She (and probably the world) is doomed and she just accepted it at this point, but doesn't really blame Chris for doing what he thinks is right. It's honestly a bit sad. It sounded like this population would starve out after a century anyway, but they wanted to have some significant positive effect before they'd be gone.

See....my thoughts are that the "cow" was their only sustenance right at that point in time. And that's only because when they came to earth....they found that human food wouldn't work. My guess is that they were technologically advanced enough to synthesize a new food source in the hundred years that the cow would survive.

Overall....I thought the show was really entertaining. Think it would have been better if it hadn't have gone AS juvenile as it did.....but it's a minor complaint.

The opening titles.....amazing. Such a brilliantly executed dance number. Absolutely love it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was really wonderful and exactly what I needed after a bad brain day.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm interested in the idea of a new open in season 2. Merely swap out the characters who aren't returning? Brand new dance? New song? The possibilities are endless but the bar is set pretty high

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm interested in the idea of a new open in season 2. Merely swap out the characters who aren't returning? Brand new dance? New song? The possibilities are endless but the bar is set pretty high

I don't know, but I hope whatever new version they do has Wig Wam playing it "live" in the background.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I need to rewatch the big fight scene already.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punched my v-card at camp posted:

That's very Gwenpool.

When I heard about cameos I figured we'd see Amanda Waller again, maybe some other minor character from The Suicide Squad, or maybe one of the surviving squad members, like Ratcatcher or even Harley but Boom we get the Justice League, and I am thinking "oh its just some actors that kinda look like them" and Zoom its Jason Momoa

That was just great. Though I hope Peacemaker and Harcourt don't bang next season. Though if that did happen, there's a weird post just waiting to be made about James Gunn having his girlfriend have a sex scene with John Cena.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Someone mentioned that the Cheeto pervert was skulking around in the opening before he pops out of the floor at the end. I’ve watched it a couple of times watching for it, but haven’t been able to spot him this far. Does anyone have a screenshot or timestamp of him peeking out?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Warbird posted:

Someone mentioned that the Cheeto pervert was skulking around in the opening before he pops out of the floor at the end. I’ve watched it a couple of times watching for it, but haven’t been able to spot him this far. Does anyone have a screenshot or timestamp of him peeking out?

He is not as far as I can tell.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Kind of weird that Adebayo’s wife is so prominent in the opening titles when she was barely in the show, never even met Peacemaker or any of the rest of the crew, and was basically just a plot device for Adebayo.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Warbird posted:

He's hiding in several shots, I always look but can never find him live

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1485396015666671624?s=20&t=KgkaL3xq7eYjFAq621nmCQ

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This bar has a TouchTunes jukebox. Just got it set to play “Monster” next.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also they took over a bunch of kids. I can understand why you would take over Goff, and maybe his wife, but why did you need to take over his kids? Even the homely butt baby deserves better than that!

yea the whole thing is for all the rhetoric of 'we're just doing this to save you' they didn't...need to brain-jack masses of humans, including rando kids and poo poo to do that, they survive just fine without human hosts as long as they get their Cow Slime so it's not like some 'it was for survival' thing. They're Peacemaker, they're traumatized and hurt from a past they probably had no control over and that's sad but that doesn't change that they fuckin killed a lot of innocent randos for their vague 'peace'.

Not-Song's whole last speech laid that out, 'we make the choices you can't', that's not helping humans and keeping us from falling down the same path, that's just patronizing authoritarianism coming from cute bug aliens, just like Peacemaker's old thing was just violent imperialism with a Dove of Peace slapped on it.

Great finale, 10/10 series, can't wait for season 2.

Also loved the Justice League cameo near the end, cute way to make the world feel connected.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Kind of weird that Adebayo’s wife is so prominent in the opening titles when she was barely in the show, never even met Peacemaker or any of the rest of the crew, and was basically just a plot device for Adebayo.

I was just thinking about that. She, the janitor dude, and the weird old guy have about the same amount of screen time/lines.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

yea the whole thing is for all the rhetoric of 'we're just doing this to save you' they didn't...need to brain-jack masses of humans, including rando kids and poo poo to do that, they survive just fine without human hosts as long as they get their Cow Slime so it's not like some 'it was for survival' thing. They're Peacemaker, they're traumatized and hurt from a past they probably had no control over and that's sad but that doesn't change that they fuckin killed a lot of innocent randos for their vague 'peace'.

Not-Song's whole last speech laid that out, 'we make the choices you can't', that's not helping humans and keeping us from falling down the same path, that's just patronizing authoritarianism coming from cute bug aliens, just like Peacemaker's old thing was just violent imperialism with a Dove of Peace slapped on it.

Also loved the Justice League cameo near the end, cute way to make the world feel connected.

I think I've said this before, but the same sort of thing happened in season 1 of Stargirl. The villains were a bunch of cultists, creeps, spree killers, and a literal Axis war criminal mad scientist whose plot would exterminate 25% of the adult population, but a fair number of viewers got way hung up on the villains' mainifesto also claiming that their mind controlled army was going to be colorblind and conquer the world using renewable energy.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

sexpig by night posted:

I now hope Peacemaker will be in Aquaman 2 so he can get a dad hug from Aquaman’s dad.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Killer robot posted:

I think I've said this before, but the same sort of thing happened in season 1 of Stargirl. The villains were a bunch of cultists, creeps, spree killers, and a literal Axis war criminal mad scientist whose plot would exterminate 25% of the adult population, but a fair number of viewers got way hung up on the villains' mainifesto also claiming that their mind controlled army was going to be colorblind and conquer the world using renewable energy.

It is always amazing when viewers get tricked by a character they know is the villain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Killer robot posted:

Yea I think at times people get hung up on assuming villains wouldn't be deluded and just...lie a lot...so when one says 'you don't understand, I have GOOD REASONS' some folks are gonna go 'oh...that makes things more complicated'.

Like, it makes things more INTERESTING for sure, I like when my baddies have more motive than 'I am evil, I do evil because evil rules muahahaha', but yea, butterflies and star girl's genderqueer colorblind mind control army of literal nazi run cults aren't really meant to be 'sympathetic' they're just...good villains with fun interactions with the heroes because they're well written foils. Butterflies are Old Peacemaker he has to confront, Star Girl's poo poo was nominally 'progressive' shelters for people who need it with dark intents to parallel her rebuilding her own super team with similar types, it's a narrative thing more than anything.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spacebump posted:

It is always amazing when viewers get tricked by a character they know is the villain.

Ben in Lost saying after like 2 seasons of being a supervillain monster leading a monstrous cult of killers, kidnappers and leering assholes,"Actually we're the good guys," and some viewers going,"Holy gently caress so Ben is the good guy after all!?! :aaa:" still blows my mind.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Peacemaker party is early today, so far my favorite tweets:

https://twitter.com/dcharleyquinn/status/1494493207106768896
https://twitter.com/DCpeacemaker/status/1494494731899846656
https://twitter.com/dcharleyquinn/status/1494496392806498306

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jerusalem posted:

Ben in Lost saying after like 2 seasons of being a supervillain monster leading a monstrous cult of killers, kidnappers and leering assholes,"Actually we're the good guys," and some viewers going,"Holy gently caress so Ben is the good guy after all!?! :aaa:" still blows my mind.

I'm also shocked when people thought of Starro as sympathetic when he said he was happy floating in the stars. Starro chose to go to Earth after taking control of a ship of astronauts. If he wanted to float in the stars, he could have let himself out. Starro was not going to Earth for peaceful reasons.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Comrade Fakename posted:

It literally took most of the series to figure out who that was.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

twistedmentat posted:

That's very Gwenpool.

When I heard about cameos I figured we'd see Amanda Waller again, maybe some other minor character from The Suicide Squad, or maybe one of the surviving squad members, like Ratcatcher or even Harley but Boom we get the Justice League, and I am thinking "oh its just some actors that kinda look like them" and Zoom its Jason Momoa

That was just great. Though I hope Peacemaker and Harcourt don't bang next season. Though if that did happen, there's a weird post just waiting to be made about James Gunn having his girlfriend have a sex scene with John Cena.

Aside from Peacemaker I think she's done sex scenes in everything she's been in. It would definitely be a weird sex scene because that's the kind James Gunn writes. The one in Super is incredibly uncomfortable.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yo big effin "i was right" to all those anti-butterfly chumps itt who got so much egg on they face now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
waaagh they killed the cops u said lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

What a great series.

Loved the final battle. The fight choreography was awesome, and the theme music getting all distorted when things start to go tits up was a nice touch.

I wonder if the reveal of Waller/Task Force X is going to be a big deal in Season 2. Revealing all the butterfly stuff feels significant, especially if a bunch of world leaders are going to start dropping dead soon.