Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

Once, as a special thank you, I got an apple fritter (my favorite) the size of a medium pizza, served in a literal pizza box.

:getin: my belly right now holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
When Krispy Kreme opened in Anchorage and everyone lost their minds it confused me, we already had Dinos Donuts and it was far superior.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

LifeSunDeath posted:

these look so dank but I guess I'll never get to have one.

There's different kinds of these, the Oreo ones are poo poo because Oreos are garbage. I'd offer to ship you some but I doubt they'd survive the journey.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The best donut is the apple fritter from Carolina Glazed off the exit to Miami Boulevard.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I live in Philly because I can't stand the idea of living somewhere that doesn't have 6 different breakfast meats.

I take it you've never been to Europe then...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I live in Philly because I can't stand the idea of living somewhere that doesn't have 6 different breakfast meats.

What even is a breakfast meat? Are there special, secret meats in... Philadelphia? that are only available before noon?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Y'all know there's a difference between yeast donuts and cake donuts right

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Cake donuts are trash, yeast donuts are the master donut.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

more falafel please posted:

No. :shrug:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grand Fromage posted:

Cinnabon is great. It's a shame they only exist in malls since malls don't exist anymore.
They also exist in some but not all Pilot / Flying J truck stops.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

more falafel please posted:

Donuts aren't much of a thing here

I guess yeast donuts are like a sweetened, enriched, yeasted bread dough that is risen and has developed gluten and cake donuts are made with no rise and no gluten development?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EoinCannon posted:

Donuts aren't much of a thing here

I guess yeast donuts are like a sweetened, enriched, yeasted bread dough that is risen and has developed gluten and cake donuts are made with no rise and no gluten development?

Mostly the rising; yeast donuts are what Krispy Kreme uses and are why they are always described as "airy". Cake donuts are generally made with (yellow) cake dough, leading to them being very, very thick by comparison.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiggum posted:

What even is a breakfast meat? Are there special, secret meats in... Philadelphia? that are only available before noon?

Apparently literally so. I had heard the term "Taylor ham" a number of times living in NJ for the last ten years (I assumed it was some kind of posh branding thing like "Virginia ham") but only on this last couple of pages have I thought to look up what the hell it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

loving New Jersey having its own ideas about meat and highways and gas stations and everything

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 13:25 on Feb 18, 2022

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cyril Sneer posted:

The best doughnuts are bagels.
:same: times infinity.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

You don't want to be caught with sea-mutton by the midday sun

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
All right let me think here

Sausage (link)
Sausage (patty)
Bacon
Ham
Pork roll
Livermush? Do they have that in Philadelphia?

Of course, chicken fried steak too, but I hesitate to call it a Breakfast Meat.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Data Graham posted:

Apparently literally so. I had heard the term "Taylor ham" a number of times living in NJ for the last ten years (I assumed it was some kind of posh branding thing like "Virginia ham") but only on this last couple of pages have I thought to look up what the hell it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

loving New Jersey having its own ideas about meat and highways and gas stations and everything

It's useful for knowing generally where in the state someone is from, depending on if they call it Taylor ham or pork roll.

I grew up in pork roll territory but I am not a fan, which is odd considering I generally like trash meat.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

AARD VARKMAN posted:

All right let me think here

Sausage (link)
Sausage (patty)
Bacon
Ham
Pork roll
Livermush? Do they have that in Philadelphia?

Of course, chicken fried steak too, but I hesitate to call it a Breakfast Meat.

Scrapple for sure.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hallo spacedog posted:

Scrapple for sure.

Was sitting here trying to remember the name of that - meat and oats or something.

Is corned beef hash a thing there?

Canadian bacon!

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Tiggum posted:

Official German Breakfast Meat:

The precursor to spam. Charm point is the extra aspik. Tastes a lot better then it looks.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Love to nibble that gelatin edge

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there's a bakery here run by a French couple, they'd had a lot of success, so he decided to branch out into donuts.

I felt they were too... French. they were thick yeast pastries with a very thin, intense layer of glaze. he did a definitely-not-a-Cronut(tm) that was really good.

there were lines out the door at the Fri-Sat storefront he'd rented just for donuts. of course, this was in March of 2020, so that place is now an insurance office.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
oh: there was a one-off or local chain in or near Breezewood, PA (that hellscape of gas stations and fast food) called Mr Donut that was really loving good. Dunkin bought them out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LifeSunDeath posted:

these look so dank but I guess I'll never get to have one.

FYI, you are not missing anything with the Oreo crème eggs. Disgustingly sweet, I couldn’t even finish one.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

FYI, you are not missing anything with the Oreo crème eggs. Disgustingly sweet, I couldn’t even finish one.

Surely not even more sweet than the regular filling? Just looking at one of those makes my salivary glands ache

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm terrified by the possibility that a sweeter Cadbury Egg might exist

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Surely not even more sweet than the regular filling? Just looking at one of those makes my salivary glands ache

Yeah they’re worse in my opinion, and I hate the regular ones.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hmm.. gonna need the opinion of someone with normal views on Cadbury Creme Eggs. (someone that buys one or a pack once a year and eats it and thinks Jesus Christ Why Am I Eating This)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Especially after they made the recipe worse a few years ago

(That happened, didn't it? It's not my imagination?)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I always wonder if I imagined the filling used to be "runnier" and became more viscous at some point.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

:( but they come in a cute little purple carton with a spoon :(

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
oh, poo poo... a chance to repost these:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ooh, a Cadbirdy creme chick!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

Ooh, a Cadbirdy creme chick!

:wink:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I think they made the chocolate lovely american chocolate a while ago but I think they might have changed it back at some point? They were well mank for a couple of years but I like them again now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I imagine I can lay a lot of the issues I've had with them on my "buy a flat of them right before Easter and then eat one a week for the rest of the year" tactic

I think I still have one from last year

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Galaxy Caramel eggs are far superior!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What the poo poo. That thing in the Cadbury egg is part of an art project right?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TV Zombie posted:

What the poo poo. That thing in the Cadbury egg is part of an art project right?

NO it's real because sometimes the easterbunny fertilizes them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

TV Zombie posted:

No, it's real

EFB