Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

1. Knives Out
  2. Knives Further Out
  3. Knives in Outer Space
  4. Knife Changes
  5. Knives In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Knife and Death

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Bongo Bill posted:

1. Knives Out
  2. Knives Further Out
  3. Knives in Outer Space
  4. Knife Changes
  5. Knives In

1. Knives Out
  2. Sun's Out
  3. Guns Out
  4. Dicks Out

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Chevy Slyme posted:

1. Knives Out
  2. Sun's Out
  3. Guns Out
  4. Dicks Out

Knives Out: Dicks Off - A Lorena Bobbitt Mystery Featuring Benoit Blanc

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Days of our Knives

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

No More Mister Knife Guy

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Benoit Blanc Across the 5th Dimension

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You Put Your Left Knife In, You Take Your Left Knife Out. In-Out-In-Out-Shake-It-All-About

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Samovar posted:

You Put Your Left Knife In, You Take Your Left Knife Out. In-Out-In-Out-Shake-It-All-About

...You Do the Pokey-Stabby - That's What It's All About.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The original title shows up but the N rotates slowly so its

K2ives Out

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Benoit Blanc sees the Crime-Knife

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Heavy_D posted:

lmao

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Heavy_D posted:

I do declare, we have, I say, all seen the Crime-knife.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My one hope for the sequel is that they do the thing where Craig’s character inexplicably speaks with a different accent

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Knifin' Around

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Forks Out
Spoons Out

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Knives Up Forks Down

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I see you’ve played Knivesy Spoony before

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Suns Out, Guns Knives Out

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Maybe the title hasn't been revealed, because it will reveal his new accent:

Blanc Czech

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Knives Out, back in 5.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1536378638215417856?s=20&t=HuEALGnkq8VV5xrV8cKVZw

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1536379230526722049?s=20&t=HuEALGnkq8VV5xrV8cKVZw

Glass Onion

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sticking with the band references in the titles. Nice.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Love it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Every film like a new book, with its own tone, ambition, reason for being... and (ta-dah) Benoit Blanc accent!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Netflix?? Wow!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Netflix?? Wow!

yeah they bought the rights to this film and another for quite the pretty price.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Oh phew! I was like “Rian had to shop around???”

Honestly, it’ll suck to likely not have a physical release but at least I can see it right away!

Although Rian will probably insist on a physical release.

EDIT: home media I mean, not as in theaters.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Netflix may actually put Glass Onion out in theaters, fwiw

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

stev posted:

Sticking with the band references in the titles. Nice.

and it's specifically a song making fun of people for reading too deeply into things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Onion#Lyrics

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This'll be good stuff. Love that genre and vibe. For the record, the Magnum P.I. / Murder She Wrote crossover two-parter rules.

(But gotta make sure you don't go with the syndicated version of the Magnum PI ep which has a quick wrap-up and skips the Murder She Wrote half.)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

rabidcowfromhell posted:

and it's specifically a song making fun of people for reading too deeply into things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Onion#Lyrics

I suspect this insinuates that there'll be a lot of red herrings in this, then.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm excited about the idea that each Benoit Blanc movie will play with the form in different ways. I hope whatever Glass Onion is up to won't be too obvious ahead of time.

But it'd be cool if Benoit Blanc isn't actually the point-of-view character in most of these. And it'd be a good opportunity to cycle in new leading actors in a franchise that still keeps the star power of Daniel Craig.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Knives Out pulled a lot from Columbo in that we saw the death take place, and the main protagonist is not the detective but the one who is trying to cover up the crime. Of course, it beautifully mixes that with true murder mystery by having someone else pulling the strings. I’m curious what kind of tricks Glass Onion will pull because obviously it can’t subvert the genre the same way twice.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rian Johnson is a friggin' genius and I'm still all "can he think his way out of this one?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s your Christmas present, y’all!

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1561702225814032388

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Nice!

"A Knives Out Mystery" is kind of clunky, but I understand why they have to do it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh sweet, they're releasing it in theaters after all. I'll definitely wait for that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TEASER TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xR_lBtEvSc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that Blanc is using the same accent. I was half expecting a different outrageous one.