Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Just give us all the weird Kalashnikov competitors that didn't make it out of trials, Nikita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

It'd be interesting to have a gun with minus ergonomics

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Id just like the G36 series of rifles added, and for them to let me put the CQR on the m700 again.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Give me revolvers in every caliber

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I did a woods raid and completed four quests :unsmith: so close to flea market

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Mae posted:

Same.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mae posted:

And a suppressed nagant revolver to go with the suppressed obrez

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Weird. I’ve had many scav runs with 25-30m left. It makes me anxious, I assume tons of PMCs are around.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

give us the AUG nikita

this a lawyer

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Mae posted:

give me my colt anaconda

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Give me every cool firearm from forgotten weapons. Every single one.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

What kinda fancy lookin' map is that?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Maps of all the locations, of varying quality:
https://tarkov-tools.com/map/factory

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mae posted:

give me vastly improved blunt trauma when people's helmets get shot square on, that poo poo should not get shrugged off

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

give me vastly improved blunt trauma when people's helmets get shot square on, that poo poo should not get shrugged off

Why bother having helmets then?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Finally got an injector case, which potions should I put in my pouch?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Propital, Zagustin; Morphine if you want to premed.

If you're a loot piggy, MULE can be handy in an emergency.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mae posted:

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
M60 when?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They’ve finally added two different color tracers to the same caliber. You can stripe red and green tracers in the SVD, but what we really need is a DP28 to have a proper Christmas light show.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

IronicDongz posted:

Why? Conservation of momentum says they shouldn’t feel much more than the shooter did (less by the numbers, but obviously the dome is a bit leveraged). Why would that do more than it does now?

Also while I kinda get the frustration, helmets are still highly pen-able with high caliber if that’s your thing. They mostly protect from smaller and/or poor ammunition, as well as buckshot. It’s a pretty nice improvement on shooter gameplay, where otherwise heads are vulnerable even when they’re trivial to hit and there is no real reason to shoot anywhere else.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Add in PTSD from TKs.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
"Oh no I got ill from drinking warm milk i found in an old gym bag!"

PMC is KO'd for a week.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Can you mix ammo in mags? A tracer every other or third?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end, splitting stacks into single rounds and drag-drop forever.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Just accidentally used one of my two full junk boxes for the scav box build, please excuse me while I walk into the sea

Orv
May 4, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Tarkov abandoned reason for madnessrealistic armor portrayals a long time ago, inasmuch as they were ever realistic which ehhhhh. We'll see if the whole plate hitbox system ever becomes a thing and maybe they can start dragging it back the other way.

From the way Nikita talks about the fantastical final product of Tarkov though, being shot in the head and knocked out while you're looted sounds like extremely his jam.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Franks Happy Place posted:

Just accidentally used one of my two full junk boxes for the scav box build, please excuse me while I walk into the sea

exit and come back to the game. i did the same thing but it errored out on me after and rolled me back. here's hoping you're not actually hosed!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hooplah posted:

exit and come back to the game. i did the same thing but it errored out on me after and rolled me back. here's hoping you're not actually hosed!

I think it tries to use the first one by item ID, ie the first one you ever had. It kept acting like it was doing it, and then erroring it back. I ended up keeping track of which one temporarily disappeared and moving stuff out of it into the newest one and then was able to build it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

"Oh no I got ill from drinking warm milk i found in an old gym bag!"

PMC is KO'd for a week.

They want to add radiation to some map areas, if your PMC stays too long it's permadeath and your whole profile gets wiped.

I'm not kidding.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Franks Happy Place posted:

The trick is tagging the one in use.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

They want to add radiation to some map areas, if your PMC stays too long it's permadeath and your whole profile gets wiped.

I'm not kidding.

They want to do a lot of things LMAO

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Hooplah posted:

This worked, gonna kiss you on the mouth Italian style

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

giZm posted:

The trick is tagging the one in use.

You don't get a choice, it just selects what I believe is the first junkbox you bought/made and uses it. I just had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago and besides having to put on clean underpants when the wrong one just disappeared, it was ultimately just annoying to move everything out of a drat near full junkbox to the empty one I had bought for the upgrade.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

The workaround I just used is to put your full boxes in the sorting table, tab over to the Hideout and do the upgrade, and the full boxes will automatically pop out of the sorting table and back into your inventory when you tab back.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Hooplah posted:

another important point- if you do end up surviving the initial rush, you're "safe" for maybe five mins, but after that player scavs will start spawning in. once a player scav realizes a pmc is still hanging around, especially if they seem inexperienced, they'll probably hunt you relentlessly and maybe even tell other pscavs to join them in hunting. either get out quick, or do a bit of social engineering. it's surprisingly easy to get pscavs to disregard you just by being chatty and talking like a scav.

It's extremely fun to spawn into factory with throwaway gear, hide for 8-10 minutes then just go gently caress with & murder scavs

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I'm not kidding.

That's already in the game. After a year, everyone dies from radiation poisoning and starts over with a new PMC.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's extremely fun to spawn into factory with throwaway gear, hide for 8-10 minutes then just go gently caress with & murder scavs

Night time factory with just a flashlight is how i do Scav kill dailies now.

You have to avoid the initial NVG chads doing Insomnia, but after that it is a real horror show with just yourself and the AI scavs.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Night time factory with just a flashlight is how i do Scav kill dailies now.

You have to avoid the initial NVG chads doing Insomnia, but after that it is a real horror show with just yourself and the AI scavs.

Especially if cultists spawn, which they absolutely can on night factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I think night Factory also has a 55% chance of Tagilla.