Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
:stare:

I mean I was buying this no matter what the reviews said, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Frankston posted:

I wonder what the Elden Ring equivalent of Korok seeks will be

hosed up little fingers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frankston posted:

I wonder what the Elden Ring equivalent of Korok seeks will be

It’s actually Koroks again. Hestu is an optional boss. You get an orchestral maraca theme for boss song.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

jfc

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Oh, hello. You’ve… you’ve found yourself in quite a pickle, haven’t you, little tarnished? What’s that? Oh, you wish to become an Elden Lord? My… my… perhaps I could be of service. Ah, I know. I have 5,000 children and I’ve lost all of them. Reunite me with them and perhaps this old crone can aid you in your journey…

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I mean I was buying this no matter what the reviews said, but...

yeah, this is the really hosed up part. miyazaki you madman

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw I just realized this thread has 215 loving pages before even day 1 of release.

Maybe only thing similar I can remember is Skyrim thread(or Star Citizen).

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

ymgve posted:

The scores actually have me a bit worried, it almost smells like "we're high on hype fumes and will ignore issues that would knock off ten points on less hyped games"

Every other Soulsbornekiro-whatever game is high 80's-low 90's. Elden Ring has 91 critic reviews with an average of 97%. That many folks across the board can't ALL be "11/10 amazing it'll be perfect no matter what" overhyped at the same time. There's every chance this is legit From's best game by head and shoulders.

e: words.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 23, 2022

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah the hidden fight against Ganon was a surprise but it really rewarded you for getting good with a bow.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DourCricket posted:

Every other Soulsbornekiro-whatever game is high 80's-low 90's. Elden Ring has 91 critic reviews with an average of 97%. That many folks across the board can't ALL be "11/10 amazing" hyped at the same time.

counterpoint: yes they can

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Elden Ring

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Elden Ring

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Goddamn. I’m garbage at FromSoftware games but I feel like I'm missing out if I don’t play this one.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

For consoles performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7w44kVcfKs

Performance:
XSX: 45-50fps
PS5: 55-60fps

Quality:
XSX: 35-45fps
PS5: 40-45fps

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Nobody has mentioned poison swamps, which means that either our boy was trolling us or he nailed it. Either way, rad.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

codo27 posted:

Everything we ever wanted

Ah good, I have always wanted Bloodborne 2

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

These review scores are the Elden Rings of review scores.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we are born of the review hype, made men by the review hype, undone by the review hype, fear the good reviews

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Nobody has mentioned poison swamps, which means that either our boy was trolling us or he nailed it. Either way, rad.

Turns out, the big bloodborne twist is that the 2nd half of the game is just a large poison swamp

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There is definitely a poison swamp and you definitely need to go through it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hosed up little wait until friday

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

enojy posted:

here's a poison swamp for you: my rear end!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

enojy posted:

I’m going to purposely find a way to boundary skip around any and all poison swamps and you can’t stop me.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hey guys, im about half way through the game, just about to start a fight against “The giant who stops the entire world flooding with poison”. Gotta say the lore is top notch this tiem around,

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i am prolly not going to be reading this thread much in the next week. if there are any posts y'all would like to see appended to the OP just throw me a PM and i'll get on it

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
per Gene Park from Washington Post, (customization semi-spoilers) you can change your appearance at any point from the pause screen, you can transmog your gear, and much later in the game you get access to unlimited respecs

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ulio posted:

For consoles performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7w44kVcfKs

Performance:
XSX: 45-50fps
PS5: 55-60fps

Quality:
XSX: 35-45fps
PS5: 40-45fps

Gah hopefully the VRR support Xbox has will help out here

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Elden Ring or: How I Learned to Stopped Worrying and Love Poison Swamps

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

tote up a bags posted:

Hey guys, im about half way through the game, just about to start a fight against “The giant who stops the entire world flooding with poison”. Gotta say the lore is top notch this tiem around,

LOL

btw when I say he nailed it, I mean he found a way to make them be less drat annoying

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Steam pre-load complete, now to obsessively check unlock status until the scheduled moment of release

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The moon is a poison swamp

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

From IGN review:

"And then there are the bosses. I don't want to spoil them, but there are a handful that are some of the most visually and mechanically impressive FromSoftware has ever crafted. Some of the later ones got really close to crossing the line in terms of what I'd deem fair and reasonable when it comes to life-restoring second phases after already brutally tough first phases and two or three-against-one handicap battles, but fortunately, as mentioned before, any walls I hit were surmountable once I took the time to do something else and come back stronger."

I have read few reviews and some guy said he got stuck in a boss for 20 hours, went to play the rest of the game. It seems like there is huge spike in difficulty at points.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

edgar_ posted:

per Gene Park from Washington Post, (customization semi-spoilers) you can change your appearance at any point from the pause screen, you can transmog your gear, and much later in the game you get access to unlimited respecs

Absolutely loving disgusting. Cancelling my pre-order.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I want to leave this thread but I want to poo poo post

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gamespot review is in progress but they scored it a 10 as well.

https://twitter.com/tamoorh/status/1496514133394882561

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aipsh posted:

I want to leave this thread but I want to poo poo post

Drive by posting is a matter of will. Just post.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ive tried to avoid getting too hyped but i cant do it anymore!!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Really hosed up that they gate the last third of the game behind winning a round of Yu-Gi-Oh against both Gwyn and the Moon Presence.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"it isn’t as approachable as you’ve been led to believe"

:getin:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

edgar_ posted:

my god transmog

maximum elden bling confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

holy loving poo poo yall