Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I remember when Tiramisu was new and wrecking the balance. How times have changed (I mean she's still a staple, but power creep is real)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The power creep in this game is ridiculous and has always been ridiculous. I remember getting Mistrare as my first 5* like halfway through the main story and suddenly I was playing a completely different game. And now I don't even use her because Crystal damage has limited utility!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Clarste posted:

The power creep in this game is ridiculous and has always been ridiculous. I remember getting Mistrare as my first 5* like halfway through the main story and suddenly I was playing a completely different game. And now I don't even use her because Crystal damage has limited utility!

I poke at this game occasionally and pulled a Melanie other form or whatever. So I have squid axe later, bow person, healer, and random lady with a. loving ALEXANDER tagging along behind her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have a question about game mechanics: the wiki says that when you upgrade the Power of Agony grasta using a Dormant Ore, it gains +35% damage against targets with Pain. But does that replace the original +30% effect or stack with it? And if it stacks, is it additive or multiplicative?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

it just adds 5% to the current 30% bonus. You're better off adding another ore, like bulleye or something.

Currently looking at the backlog of boss simulator trials to do, and wishing there were updated guides on youtube with the latest characters to trivialize it....

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 22, 2022

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Marluxia posted:

Currently looking at the backlog of boss simulator trials to do, and wishing there were updated guides on youtube with the latest characters to trivialize it....

Sounds like we're in the same boat. If you find something, let me know. I've had no gacha luck at all since around last August, but I've got most of the latest AS and as of yesterday every ES in Global thanks to sidegrades.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I'm way behind on content, I don't think I've even touched boss simulator trials.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm mostly up to date, it's just stuff like boss simulator, the dual demon fights, etc.

The harder content that hasn't already been power creeped, basically(beside the boss simulator which has badly been power creeped, it just requires a resource that is limited).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm still so far behind. I'm on like chapter 56 or something and bogged down in the grasta grinds. I have a hard time pushing through story mode because there are so many side quests.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 23, 2022

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

I'm still so far behind. I'm on like chapter 56 or something and bogged down in the grasta grinds. I have a hard time pushing through story mode because there are so many side quests.

I honestly wouldn’t bother grinding grasta. The main story doesn’t require it and it’ll come over time if you just run daily Garulea dungeons without going out of your way to grind. Definitely don’t try to outfit everyone, either, just move stuff around to whatever team you’re currently using for the content that needs grasta.

There’s months and months worth of content that doesn’t require grasta, so it’s pretty safe to ignore and let come naturally.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Stickman posted:

I honestly wouldn’t bother grinding grasta. The main story doesn’t require it and it’ll come over time if you just run daily Garulea dungeons without going out of your way to grind. Definitely don’t try to outfit everyone, either, just move stuff around to whatever team you’re currently using for the content that needs grasta.

Ah yeah, good point. I can just keep using my cards there and then I don't need to grind. As for progressing the story, I've been using Mana VC + Tiramisu's flat dmg nuke to speed through story/farming because it gives me a consistent 200k AoE nuke for 3 mana.

Have any of the more recent characters trivialized story content more than that? Most of the stuff I've seen is better against bosses because although the damage is absurd, the mana costs are also high which means you cannot consistently use them through the billions of random encounters you face when clearing maps. Maybe the units with preemptive skills (e.g., Tsubame AS) could work for mana less farming?

The VC nukes don't work anymore because they don't do enough dmg to kill lvl 75+ mobs (unless I missed something) and, anyway, I'd really prefer to not have to swap units from the backline. Having to move Mana every fight is the main reason I'm looking at alternatives.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
This game's unwillingness to download updates will never cease to amaze me. So many times I think about logging in to play another chapter or two and just... can't, because after taking 10+ minutes to verify it asks me to download an update and then sits at 0% forever.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

CompeAnansi posted:

Ah yeah, good point. I can just keep using my cards there and then I don't need to grind. As for progressing the story, I've been using Mana VC + Tiramisu's flat dmg nuke to speed through story/farming because it gives me a consistent 200k AoE nuke for 3 mana.

Have any of the more recent characters trivialized story content more than that? Most of the stuff I've seen is better against bosses because although the damage is absurd, the mana costs are also high which means you cannot consistently use them through the billions of random encounters you face when clearing maps. Maybe the units with preemptive skills (e.g., Tsubame AS) could work for mana less farming?

The VC nukes don't work anymore because they don't do enough dmg to kill lvl 75+ mobs (unless I missed something) and, anyway, I'd really prefer to not have to swap units from the backline. Having to move Mana every fight is the main reason I'm looking at alternatives.

Tsubame AS absolutely works, yeah. It is preemptive as you said, and since it auto-criticals and has its damage boosted the more fist/hammer character you have in the party(Amy, Riica etc), it should be enough to take out most enemy groups. You can always boost the damage with whatever grasta you have on hand that would buff Tsubame.

I can't comment on which grasta you might have at that point since it looks like you're fairly early, but you could put some power of gaia on her, if nothing else. And unlike other characters with preemptive attacks, her preemptive attack is on her normal attack, so it actually costs no MP.

Evil Fluffy posted:

This game's unwillingness to download updates will never cease to amaze me. So many times I think about logging in to play another chapter or two and just... can't, because after taking 10+ minutes to verify it asks me to download an update and then sits at 0% forever.

That happened to me with a lovely phone, and as far as I can tell, it is actually downloading at 0%, it's just not updating the progress properly.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 23, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Isuka Alter has a skill that pretty much wipes out any battle instantly but she can only do it like 11 times before she runs dry. 11 is still pretty good though imo. Even before that though I've always relied back row MP farming about once a dungeon. Where you leave one weaker enemy alive and swap one person in and out of the front row while everyone else regenerates.

Marluxia posted:

That happened to me with a lovely phone, and as far as I can tell, it is actually downloading at 0%, it's just not updating the progress properly.

The percentage it shows is completely meaningless: I've had it go over 100% too. I think it's just not programmed with any way to actually know how close to completion it is so it displays random numbers.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 23, 2022

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Tsubame AS trivializes most of the farming in the game, and trivializes every AD up to and including Underworld if you throw in a flash zone (Melissa or Hardy AS). With a couple of simple damage / crit grasta she can even one-shot earth-resistant trash, her six-hit move can one-shot many red AD horrors/bosses (and gives a hefty defensive boost when it fails), and her other 5* move absolutely shreds in Another Force (which you'll have by at most turn 2 with flash zone).

If you've started to get sick of random battles, Tsubame AS with flash zone added as necessary is definitely the way to go. The upcoming character Flammelapis looks like she'll do the same thing, but with water and leaning extra hard into the one-shot role. She inflicts break (2x damage for one hit) at the start of combat, plus a skill that straight up does 20x damage + guaranteed crit with no drawbacks for the first three rounds.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 24, 2022

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Eva is good but she's not anywhere near as good as Melissa was, because Melissa was a support with an insanely powerful new zone. An extremely powerful Water Magic character who along with Levia AS and Nagi ES (and eventually Flammelapis) takes Water Magic from "Why would you bother?" to one of the strongest magic teams possible is incredibly good, but by no means necessary. Damage dealers you can get, it's good support with lots of stacking multipliers from different buffs and debuffs that make the magic happen. One of the best things about Eva is her self-sufficiency though, so if you happen to pull her on a newish account she'll be able to get close to her peak damage output without needing a whole lot of help. People have also already shown her "does 20x damage when resisted" skill is actually pretty good, so she's got some interesting utility going on.

Completely unrelated, the upcoming Dewey Alter is absolutely bonkers, so throw a few rolls his way if you have something to spare this weekend. He's an absurd elemental zone support who does basically everything and is limited only by the fact he hasn't got enough skill slots to use all his good buffs/debuffs/attacks. Also his personal damage isn't incredible (but if he doubles the weakness multiplier, it's pretty good), but it's not exactly hard to find good elemental attackers for him to turbocharge.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ive been rolling through the game with kikyo as who just oneshots all trash for 0 mana, and thillelille as for bossing. necoco in the party to give guaranteed first turn crits

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have Necoco but I don't have any Elemental Zones so she's kind of useless lol.

Edit: In unrelated news, today I learned that Another Zone can't activate in Serge's dual slash/magic zone.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Welp, I wasn't sure if I was gonna put in a couple of rolls on Alter Dewey's banner since I hate using stones on characters I can upgrade into when there's other characters I don't have, but the blunt banner has Ewan whom I still don't have, so I guess that's that. Good luck to anyone else rolling too.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Clarste posted:

I have Necoco but I don't have any Elemental Zones so she's kind of useless lol.

Edit: In unrelated news, today I learned that Another Zone can't activate in Serge's dual slash/magic zone.
If you get through all his various quests, the free character Gariyu can set a Fire zone with his AS. Or you can do the boss rushes and get a grasta that gives anybody a skill to set a Fire zone, but that's potentially quite a bit harder. Unfortunately, most of the free zone setters set weapon type zones instead of elemental ones.

One thing about Necoco is that while she definitely benefits most from elemental zones, her move that buffs party Crit Rate/Damage works in any zone, so she can help out a bit in a Slash team. Definitely way, way better with elemental stuff though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Marluxia posted:

Looks like this was it, i let it sit while watching TV and it eventually updated. Used some 10 pull ticket I had and got a 4* Dewey (assassin fist) who can upgrade to 5*. Decided to tyr for Eva and the first multiple was a lot of nothing, just dupes and a couple new 3-4 star things. The second pull slightly better:

Not sure how I should set my team. Last time I played my team setup was Suzette(dragoon), Melina( I think it's her AS at 5* and OG form at 4*), Morgana, Mighty(both 5* styles), with Joker and Mariel(hierophant) in reserve. Joker for the swap in AOE for clearing fights faster, iirc. I have a handful of other 5* units like AS(?) Shion.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nakar posted:

If you get through all his various quests, the free character Gariyu can set a Fire zone with his AS. Or you can do the boss rushes and get a grasta that gives anybody a skill to set a Fire zone, but that's potentially quite a bit harder. Unfortunately, most of the free zone setters set weapon type zones instead of elemental ones.

One thing about Necoco is that while she definitely benefits most from elemental zones, her move that buffs party Crit Rate/Damage works in any zone, so she can help out a bit in a Slash team. Definitely way, way better with elemental stuff though.

I could get AS Gariyu but honestly it doesn't feel like a great use of my scripts to promote him to 5* when I don't have any other good fire characters to use with him anyway, nor would fire be a particularly useful element for the things I want to fight right now. In my slashing team I suppose she could replace Deirdre and technically be an upgrade, but I randomly have full Power of Pain grasta for swords (and not axes) and I'm not sure I like the idea of unreliable Pain application (although Necoco's is permanent, which is definitely better than Deirdre's randomly running out every other turn). And they already have 100% crit rate from other sources so the buff isn't that amazing.

Edit: Also, I have ES Isuka and Alter Isuka who can pretty much kill anything vulnerable to swords on their own, so everyone else is just there to fill up the AF meter, lol.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 25, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Uh, is it just me or is a lot of text untranslated this patch?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looks like this was it, i let it sit while watching TV and it eventually updated. Used some 10 pull ticket I had and got a 4* Dewey (assassin fist) who can upgrade to 5*. Decided to tyr for Eva and the first multiple was a lot of nothing, just dupes and a couple new 3-4 star things. The second pull slightly better:

Not sure how I should set my team. Last time I played my team setup was Suzette(dragoon), Melina( I think it's her AS at 5* and OG form at 4*), Morgana, Mighty(both 5* styles), with Joker and Mariel(hierophant) in reserve. Joker for the swap in AOE for clearing fights faster, iirc. I have a handful of other 5* units like AS(?) Shion.

Hismena AS hits like a truck and her valor self-heal is super useful if you're stall-healing mid-dungeon. Eva's also a beast and pretty much works with anything, especially if you can arrange speeds so she goes first (to maximize the likelihood of extra hits). Hismena AS + Suzette + Eva + Melina AS or Morgana for healing (and crits when Melina AS' manifest releases) will throw out a ton of damage even without zones or other support. Once you get some more units you can throw in some better synergies, but they'll carry you through most of the story content all by themselves.

NS Tsubame is unfortunately pretty mediocre, but the second you pull 3 of her AS treatises she's a no-brainer for purchasing the last two and spending the chant scripts. If you're like me she'll never leave your party after that except for tough battles that need specific teams.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 25, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Seriously though, is anyone else having a bug where all dialog is in Japanese even though it's set to English? It's kind of annoying. I can read Japanese (slowly) but I actually kind of like the translation in this game.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

drat, that's a solid roll right there. I don't have much more to say that Stickman hasn't already, yeah.

Clarste posted:

Seriously though, is anyone else having a bug where all dialog is in Japanese even though it's set to English? It's kind of annoying. I can read Japanese (slowly) but I actually kind of like the translation in this game.

I haven't started the newest chapter of the mythos yet, but maybe they patched it by now?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I started it and haven't run into any untranslated Japanese yet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's not subtle. You'd see it by talking to any innkeeper, reading a sign, etc. I'm playing on PC if that matters. I even tried reinstalling and it didn't help.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Clarste posted:

It's not subtle. You'd see it by talking to any innkeeper, reading a sign, etc. I'm playing on PC if that matters. I even tried reinstalling and it didn't help.

That sounds like a bug then... Try reaching out to support?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Stickman posted:

Hismena AS hits like a truck and her valor self-heal is super useful if you're stall-healing mid-dungeon. Eva's also a beast and pretty much works with anything, especially if you can arrange speeds so she goes first (to maximize the likelihood of extra hits). Hismena AS + Suzette + Eva + Melina AS or Morgana for healing (and crits when Melina AS' manifest releases) will throw out a ton of damage even without zones or other support. Once you get some more units you can throw in some better synergies, but they'll carry you through most of the story content all by themselves.

Cool, it sounds like a good setup to run for fast farming through fights would be Hismena, Suzette, Eva, Morgana with Joker to swap in for the aoe proc and then Melina AS in reserve for additional healing power if I want to take on fights above what I should be doing. Story-wise I think I'm only a chapter or 2 past when the P5 collab was able to be finished so I imagine this setup will blow through a ton of fights for awhile due to power creep and levels (and I think P5 dropped higher level gear or something?).

I'm not sure what you mean by pulling AS treaties but I'm sure it'll make sense as I play and remember more of the game.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Every Very Hard AD, accessed with red keys, and the Garulean ADs, accessed with green keys, have a chance to drop the item that you can use to unlock AS forms of the characters. You need five of a character's particular "treatise".

There's also a vendor in the Spacetime Rift that sells two copies of those treatises for everyone. So an option is to keep doing those ADs daily waiting for three drops of the "Felis Circulus Treatise", and then buy the last two at that vendor. You'll also need 5 chant script as usual.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So with Eva at level 26-27 (others in the 40-41 range) and with a level 16 weapon I did Miglance castle (hard) and on a round where the boss was debuffed a bunch Joker crit for 4.5k two times Eva crit for 11k four times. Lunatic's 2x attack buff also stacks with the "attack twice if target is over 50% hp" effect? :psyduck:

I think one of her weaker rounds she still out damaged Suzette, who's level 41 and has a level 38 weapon and was using a 2x hit XL damage skill. I can only imagine how comically overkill she's going to be when she's actually at the same level as what she's fighting and has a similar level weapon.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Marluxia posted:

Every Very Hard AD, accessed with red keys, and the Garulean ADs, accessed with green keys, have a chance to drop the item that you can use to unlock AS forms of the characters. You need five of a character's particular "treatise".

There's also a vendor in the Spacetime Rift that sells two copies of those treatises for everyone. So an option is to keep doing those ADs daily waiting for three drops of the "Felis Circulus Treatise", and then buy the last two at that vendor. You'll also need 5 chant script as usual.

It is also worth keeping track of which treatise you have and which ones you want because on the off chance you get a white key, there is a small probability that it you reach the end you will get a chance to pick one free treatise of your choice.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

So with Eva at level 26-27 (others in the 40-41 range) and with a level 16 weapon I did Miglance castle (hard) and on a round where the boss was debuffed a bunch Joker crit for 4.5k two times Eva crit for 11k four times. Lunatic's 2x attack buff also stacks with the "attack twice if target is over 50% hp" effect? :psyduck:

I think one of her weaker rounds she still out damaged Suzette, who's level 41 and has a level 38 weapon and was using a 2x hit XL damage skill. I can only imagine how comically overkill she's going to be when she's actually at the same level as what she's fighting and has a similar level weapon.

Yeah, she's insane. I rolled her too a while ago and I have endgame poo poo and she just utterly trivialized a super boss encounter where one of the boss had iirc around a hundred million hp and she essentially two turned the whole thing.

There's a video too of her beating a boss where the gimmick is you're supposed to defend for four turns before it becomes vulnerable because it has 90% damage reduction and resist everything. After four turns, it loses that and you can attack it normally. The boss effectively has 8.6 billion hp. Anyway, the video is of her beating it in a single turn with AF.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Marluxia posted:

That sounds like a bug then... Try reaching out to support?

Good news, it seems to have been patched out some time today.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Evil Fluffy posted:

The way damage works in Another Eden is that you want to stack a ton of multiplicative damage boosting effects, and the way Eva's kit happens to work is that she can self-sufficiently create the circumstances that permit her to do that.

Quick example: Icicle Zorch has a baseline skill multiplier of 190%, which is pretty normal for an XL magic attack. However, she starts the battle in Copy Lunatic, which lets her use skills twice, so that effectively means she's doing 190% twice, or up to four times depending on whether she's hitting that 50% trigger. Additionally, the skill itself does four times as much damage in Lunatic, and each time she uses it she gains 30% INT up to a max of +75%. On top of that, the skill grants 100% Magic Critical Rate and applies Break when it hits (a debuff that doubles the damage of the next hit to strike the enemy). So what all of this means is that in the best-case scenario, Eva is actually doing roughly (1.9 {baseline} + 3.0 {Lunatic multiplier bonus}) * 1.5 {crit} * 2 {break} * 4 {Copy Lunatic + 50% trigger}, or around a 4680% multiplier, with each successive cast also ramping up her INT and increasing her damage that way. I'm not even counting her Mental Focus buff, which increases her damage based on how much Max MP she has, or things like Grasta that would increase elemental damage or Pain/Poison punish multipliers, or hitting a weakness, or Magic Zone, etc.

This is very good, but the thing is, many characters can actually get to something like this (including Suzette, once her True Manifest weapon is unlocked). It's all about how many of the multipliers you can stack. Eva's pretty good at stacking them on herself, but other than granting partywide Magic Crit Rate and the Break she leaves if spamming Icicle Zorch she's not giving everybody else a ton. This is fine if she's your primary damage dealer, as you focus your support on her, but some parties can do crazy damage while also buffing each other to insane heights, so she's not necessarily as busted as she appears. Plus a lot of her damage is conditional, which makes her great in fights where the boss is likely to be over 50% HP for a while and then gets burned down in a recovery phase (which is what the Murphy superboss in the Mythos was), but much less good in fights where you AF a boss down to a 50% stopper on the first turn and then have to start unleashing hell. Her Crystal damage output is also ironically better against things resistant to it than weak to it (which has its applications, as Murphy showed, but is not generally how you approach fights). And like all Lunatic characters she theoretically has a bit of a time limit once Lunatic runs out, but since she gets free start-of-battle Lunatic it impacts her a lot less than other characters.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nakar posted:

(including Suzette, once her True Manifest weapon is unlocked)

Speaking of which, is there a list of characters with True Manifest weapons? The wiki has a list of Manifest weapons, but doesn't distinguish between them. Also I kind of wish you could sort by release date; if you stop following the game for a bit it can be difficult to find out if you missed any new ones.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

Speaking of which, is there a list of characters with True Manifest weapons?

It's a short list for now. Suzette, Mighty, and Shion.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nakar posted:

The way damage works in Another Eden is that you want to stack a ton of multiplicative damage boosting effects, and the way Eva's kit happens to work is that she can self-sufficiently create the circumstances that permit her to do that.

Quick example: Icicle Zorch has a baseline skill multiplier of 190%, which is pretty normal for an XL magic attack. However, she starts the battle in Copy Lunatic, which lets her use skills twice, so that effectively means she's doing 190% twice, or up to four times depending on whether she's hitting that 50% trigger. Additionally, the skill itself does four times as much damage in Lunatic, and each time she uses it she gains 30% INT up to a max of +75%. On top of that, the skill grants 100% Magic Critical Rate and applies Break when it hits (a debuff that doubles the damage of the next hit to strike the enemy). So what all of this means is that in the best-case scenario, Eva is actually doing roughly (1.9 {baseline} + 3.0 {Lunatic multiplier bonus}) * 1.5 {crit} * 2 {break} * 4 {Copy Lunatic + 50% trigger}, or around a 4680% multiplier, with each successive cast also ramping up her INT and increasing her damage that way. I'm not even counting her Mental Focus buff, which increases her damage based on how much Max MP she has, or things like Grasta that would increase elemental damage or Pain/Poison punish multipliers, or hitting a weakness, or Magic Zone, etc.

This is very good, but the thing is, many characters can actually get to something like this (including Suzette, once her True Manifest weapon is unlocked). It's all about how many of the multipliers you can stack. Eva's pretty good at stacking them on herself, but other than granting partywide Magic Crit Rate and the Break she leaves if spamming Icicle Zorch she's not giving everybody else a ton. This is fine if she's your primary damage dealer, as you focus your support on her, but some parties can do crazy damage while also buffing each other to insane heights, so she's not necessarily as busted as she appears. Plus a lot of her damage is conditional, which makes her great in fights where the boss is likely to be over 50% HP for a while and then gets burned down in a recovery phase (which is what the Murphy superboss in the Mythos was), but much less good in fights where you AF a boss down to a 50% stopper on the first turn and then have to start unleashing hell. Her Crystal damage output is also ironically better against things resistant to it than weak to it (which has its applications, as Murphy showed, but is not generally how you approach fights). And like all Lunatic characters she theoretically has a bit of a time limit once Lunatic runs out, but since she gets free start-of-battle Lunatic it impacts her a lot less than other characters.

Cool, that makes more sense and I think I'm 1-2 levels away from getting Zorch on her. I tried running a lvl 45 hard dungeon (mementos?) and ended up failing since the boss seemed to have about 5-6x as much HP as the level 40 dungeon boss did, which was unexpected considering the rest of the dungeon was pretty easy but had no drops other than chests on the map with decayed leaves or something, and it kept healing 34-35k hp every few rounds so i eventually lost due to attrition. It sounds like the damage from Zorch might've been enough to brute force through it all. Since she can stack crystal/water debuffs up to 4x (so 100% resist debuff?) with glint purge that would further push her damage with Zorch into the stratosphere I assume?

Qylvaran posted:

It's a short list for now. Suzette, Mighty, and Shion.

I take it these are super far into postgame grinding? Oddly enough I have all 3 of those characters.

e: Got Icicle Zorch, used it on round 2 against a royal guard in the Miglance (hard) dungeon, 31k damage first hit then 174k on the second and it died from about 60-65% hp with that second hit. :hellyeah:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Cool, that makes more sense and I think I'm 1-2 levels away from getting Zorch on her. I tried running a lvl 45 hard dungeon (mementos?) and ended up failing since the boss seemed to have about 5-6x as much HP as the level 40 dungeon boss did, which was unexpected considering the rest of the dungeon was pretty easy but had no drops other than chests on the map with decayed leaves or something, and it kept healing 34-35k hp every few rounds so i eventually lost due to attrition. It sounds like the damage from Zorch might've been enough to brute force through it all. Since she can stack crystal/water debuffs up to 4x (so 100% resist debuff?) with glint purge that would further push her damage with Zorch into the stratosphere I assume?

I take it these are super far into postgame grinding? Oddly enough I have all 3 of those characters.

e: Got Icicle Zorch, used it on round 2 against a royal guard in the Miglance (hard) dungeon, 31k damage first hit then 174k on the second and it died from about 60-65% hp with that second hit. :hellyeah:
Don't the mementos bosses have specific shielding abilities too? They're the sort you really need to bring Joker or violet for unless you've got a better multi hit option