Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

western discontent being primarily driven by frothing radicalization from US media and basically no substantive complaints since the Harper years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

ghosthorse posted:

the racist kermit guy has a new hot take apparently

the only way i can make sense of this is that he doesn't know what canada is, like he thinks it's a fictional country or a lifeless asteroid or something

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

vyelkin posted:

glad to know the guy wth the "jews did covid" sign at the toronto protest wasnt real, thank you for putting my mind at ease jorp

Or, you know, the protest organiser ranting about the "strength of the Anglo-Saxon bloodline" or how we'll all be speaking Hebrew. Couldn't possibly be a Nazi, that one.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Nova Scotia's ditching pretty much all covid restrictions in a month. Not sure why we can't keep masking requirements other than some people finding them inconvenient. But what do I know, maybe it'll be fine.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pokeyman posted:

Nova Scotia's ditching pretty much all covid restrictions in a month. Not sure why we can't keep masking requirements other than some people finding them inconvenient. But what do I know, maybe it'll be fine.

As an already burnt out hospital worker hahahahahahahahaha:suicide:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

prom candy posted:

PM me if you live in hamilton, I'll see if I can find them

for once living in this hellhole has actually worked in my favour yessssss

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

how does a trucking convoy get out of vancouver island? lmao

are they gonna use the ferries

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Danaru posted:

As an already burnt out hospital worker hahahahahahahahaha:suicide:

highest vaccination rate in the country!

as if that matters.

hard not to chalk up this quick relaxing of restrictions as a win for the truck convoys, even if it's more likely a coincidence and we were already marching towards "gently caress it"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yinlock posted:

they're not nazis, merely nazi enthusiasts

a swastika-involved belief system

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

pokeyman posted:

highest vaccination rate in the country!

as if that matters.

hard not to chalk up this quick relaxing of restrictions as a win for the truck convoys, even if it's more likely a coincidence and we were already marching towards "gently caress it"

all vaccination requirements are being removed monday

like, tim's been angling do do things on this timetable anyway, however, if I were a politician making up a completely arbitrary date to do something, I'd try to put some a bit more time between the child shield using criminals asking for it and actually doing it. for optics, you know.

at the very least, to de-legitimize the apparently effective tactic of using your children as human shields

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

a swastika-involved belief system

hinduism?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

pokeyman posted:

They should at least keep masks in essential retail. Like, masking while standing up but not sitting down in restaurants is pure theatre and can go but vulnerable people should still be able to get groceries without having to throw a hazmat suit on.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

egg tats posted:

all vaccination requirements are being removed monday

like, tim's been angling do do things on this timetable anyway, however, if I were a politician making up a completely arbitrary date to do something, I'd try to put some a bit more time between the child shield using criminals asking for it and actually doing it. for optics, you know.

at the very least, to de-legitimize the apparently effective tactic of using your children as human shields

It's also definitely a coordinated attempt to put pressure on the Feds, who have been mostly slightly less stupid than the provinces, to remove their existing Covid regulations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Another Bill posted:

i'm a paid protester and Trudeau gives me free tickets because he loves me and we kiss in platinum seats and he makes the cbc not show it on their broadcasts
Next time, could you whisper in his ear "Sweety, I would love you more if you paid public servants on time."
TIA.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Oglethorpe posted:

how does a trucking convoy get out of vancouver island? lmao

are they gonna use the ferries

"turns out the 6 hour blockade was just the standard ferry wait time"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The Emergencies Act is now lifted, the Tyranny of Trudeau is now over.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Trudeau proved he could ram through increased police powers but in he benevolence is deciding not to use it

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
i'm sitting in my driveway honking my horn in celebration, we won!

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

ColdBlooded posted:

It's also definitely a coordinated attempt to put pressure on the Feds, who have been mostly slightly less stupid than the provinces, to remove their existing Covid regulations.

it's infuriating because these dipshits are talking like finally covid is over. like I looked at the thread in the halifax subreddit and it was full of people who seem to have spent the last 2 years in an alternate reality where we aren't worse off now than basically any other time of the pandemic.

he did have some words about the antivax protests at least.

tim houston posted:

we live in increasingly divided communities ... and some relationships are beyond repair
we need to find ways to respectfully disagree
I believe that the vast majority of relationships can be mended.

wow! I wonder what other crimes the premier is willing to respectfully disagree with!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/HfxExaminer/status/1496596505096081442?t=HoxjEEQuxBSc5Jp6zlmBmw&s=19

NOTHING SHADY THERE!!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Many police are on paid leave from the trauma they got while beating homeless people and macing children :qq: #BackTheBlue

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Danaru posted:

Many police are on paid leave from the trauma they got while beating homeless people and macing children :qq: #BackTheBlue
it ain't cheap being racist

the headline is closest thing we'll ever get to body cameras

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"In Camera" apparently means like, behind closed doors. The rest of the meeting was streamed live, but for that they took it private even to reporters.

I've never heard it called that before either :psyduck:

E: VVVVV Ignoring the fact that you're still mad about a slap fight that happened weeks ago, how does that even apply to my post

Danaru has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Feb 23, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Oct 29, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Danaru posted:

"In Camera" apparently means like, behind closed doors. The rest of the meeting was streamed live, but for that they took it private even to reporters.

it's a common term if you follow municipal politics, although i can't imagine why you would. basically any discussion they don't want to have before the public, for whatever reasons, is held in camera

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

“in camera” is a Latin legal term that has aged hilariously poorly

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

it's a common term if you follow municipal politics, although i can't imagine why you would.

following vancouver city council makes me want to jump off the lions gate

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Shofixti posted:

If I'm ever dumb enough to be involved where I get to say that term out loud publicly, I'm going to pronounce it very differently than I would photographic equipment.
IN Caah-may_eruh! Like some sort of Harry Potter incantation.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Shofixti posted:

camera meaning ‘chamber’, and us getting the modern term from ‘camera obscura’

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

B33rChiller posted:

If I'm ever dumb enough to be involved where I get to say that term out loud publicly, I'm going to pronounce it very differently than I would photographic equipment.
IN Caah-may_eruh! Like some sort of Harry Potter incantation.

say it like the smash bros announcer
https://youtu.be/hDBm_ZRhy5w

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Shofixti posted:

I joined a board for a local non-profit a few years back and at my first meeting I was very confused when they kept talking about the in camera session and I could not figure out where the camera was or why anyone would want a recording of what we were talking about

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao how would you even fit them all in there?!!

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Don't worry, it's just your souls that go in the camera. Your lifeless shells will remain in the secret municipal debating chamber, ready to be reclaimed when you're done giving tax breaks to developers or whatever

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Durf posted:

"turns out the 6 hour blockade was just the standard ferry wait time"

Leaving the car alarm on for the voyage, in solidarity

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
They should just call it "away from you fuckers"

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

apatheticman posted:

They should just call it "away from you fuckers"

in Latin, please

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ad fundum mare

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Danaru posted:

E: VVVVV Ignoring the fact that you're still mad about a slap fight that happened weeks ago, how does that even apply to my post

God, I never want to hear the term in-camera again after seeing student politics bullshit.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

following vancouver city council makes me want to jump off the lions gate

i am markedly less tense since i stopped following toronto city politics, after it was made abundantly clear that any attempt to improve anything would be stomped flat by the doug ford government. i'm peripherally aware of the goings on, but gently caress actually following council meetings and poo poo any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
interest hike incoming!!!!!!!!!!!