Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know it doesn't work this way, but I have seen you inexplicably defy odds, reason and basic sensibility so many times that I irrationally hope you do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Goddamn, dude.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Sorry I lost your money when you asked for random picks to bet on

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

man gently caress cancer. I love reading about your bets but especially when you make spite bets. Easily my favorite is the bets against colby and rubbing it in chud faces

I hope you still manage to beat the odds against the biggest bookie, god

Tweak fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 22, 2022

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress cancer.

Jase you are a loving legend.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Jase I love seeing your crazy bets. More than once I have shown them to non-goon friends to share my disbelief, especially when you pull it off! You're an inspiration to us small fry gamblers

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Screama posted:

Jase I love seeing your crazy bets. More than once I have shown them to non-goon friends to share my disbelief, especially when you pull it off! You're an inspiration to us small fry gamblers

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I've always followed your posts here with the utmost interest. Thank you for letting me vicariously experience the life of a degenerate gambler. I don't know if it means anything, but you're in my thoughts and I wish you the best.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For me you are this thread, I can make bad bets all on my own. I hope you realize that all of those things you get out of SA, that make it great for you, is what you are providing here for us.

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

So sorry to hear that jase. Your stories are legendary and have been amazing entertainment over the years so thank you for that.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that sucks dude, your stories have been a highlight of this forum for a long time. you gave me the courage to bet on mma and i'm up £25. good luck on your travels.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Thread title will stay and tell the legend of Jase

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

gently caress. gently caress cancer.

The Dave posted:

For me you are this thread, I can make bad bets all on my own. I hope you realize that all of those things you get out of SA, that make it great for you, is what you are providing here for us.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Sorry to hear this man, you've made the fights even more fun to watch knowing how much you put down on them. And it's always fun to come back in here after your big wins.
No matter what happens your legend will live forever among us and whoever we tell about the pool hustler who would place crazy bets on sports for fun

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Jase, for all the enjoyment you have gotten out of the forum, you paid it back tenfold. And we've always rooted for you, in terms of your bets and everything else in life.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I was shooting the poo poo with a good friend of mine the other day who told me he had a sports betting "system" (college basketball) and i thought of Jase's exploits. I said "I should be on mma" fall facetiously and decided to check in on this thread. im so sorry you're going through this Jase and thanks for sharing all your great stories, insane and inspired bets, and everything else

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Thread title will stay and tell the legend of Jase

This^

Jase - you’re great. Thanks for all the good times.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Thanks friends. So I have a 200k bankroll and I’m thinking that I’m gonna place the biggest bet I have ever placed on UFC 272. I might just bet the whole 200k on one fight.

I was going to do this on Super Bowl weekend but I was too sick from the chemo to be able to figure out what I wanted to do. My question to you guys should I bet on masvidal?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

jase1 posted:

Thanks friends. So I have a 200k bankroll and I’m thinking that I’m gonna place the biggest bet I have ever placed on UFC 272. I might just bet the whole 200k on one fight.

I was going to do this on Super Bowl weekend but I was too sick from the chemo to be able to figure out what I wanted to do. My question to you guys should I bet on masvidal?

He’s probably going to lose and if I lost 200k because of Colby Covington I’d probably die even without cancer helping out. You’re a tougher dude than I though and I can’t say that fight wouldn’t matter a whole lot more to me if I knew you’d laid that bet

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, definitely don't do the big bet on something fuckin' Colby Covington can ruin. If you're going to do a blaze of glory upset bet on 272, I'd go dos Anjos over Fiziev. He's the best live dog on the card.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh no

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, definitely don't do the big bet on something fuckin' Colby Covington can ruin. If you're going to do a blaze of glory upset bet on 272, I'd go dos Anjos over Fiziev. He's the best live dog on the card.

Greg hardy is a piece of poo poo who’s fun to bet against, does anyone remember anything about Spivak to have a real pick there?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Jase, I am so sorry to hear that, man. Thank you for allowing me to gamble vicariously through you for all these years. Legend, for sure!

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Jase, I post like once every two years now but I still lurk and am sorry to hear this news. gently caress cancer, but also gently caress Masvidal. I think he gets tagged with something dumb and gets knocked out, but maybe if we're lucky it'll be a double KO and no one wins.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
bet it all on bobby green imo

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

I like the idea of betting it all on a random prelim match that no-one cares about.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Are there any other big f guys coming up? Like what about ufc273?

gently caress I would really like to see Greg hardy lose. I might be tempted to bet on that fight.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Jase brother this is like the only thread I truly regularly post in and it's mainly because of you. I love you and your posting and this is devastating. like that other guy said though, if anyone is going to beat a 1% chance it'll be you.

Masvidal would be an interesting bet, he's a big dog with a definite chance. gently caress Greg Hardy so sure, bet on Spivak as well. i dunno any others aside from Gathje in a couple months.

having said that, I'll pull my best INRI impression and say that you're welcome to bequeath it to me and I will make 5/10k bets with it every PPV until it's lost or I have enough money to build a memorial pool hall in some seedy Midwest town

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Just wanted to pop in and wish jase1 well.

I stopped following MMA probably 7 or 8 years ago, but I kept this thread bookmarked and check in on it regularly. On a Sunday morning when I'd know there was a big UFC event the previous night, I'll check out the results and jase's bets to see how it went. It has been a fun ride and jase has been a great main character for this thread. Best wishes to jase and family.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jase your wild bets are what helped me get into sports betting and actually understand it. Without ever knowing each other you've greatly improved my life (except when I'm losing)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I actually miss INRI why did he stop asking? He might have caught me at time when I wasted out of my mind and I would have sent it to him. Also does anyone remember the dude who had a spreadsheet on me? I would honestly like to know if he kept that up so I could see my final record in here.

I like the idea of betting on the most unknown fighter on the card. That would be a fun sweat to watch them lose in like 30 seconds. If I win I’m gonna spend it all on my wife and to be honest I have so much emergency cash stashed in various places after I collect it all I will probably still spend all that on her. She’s a loving saint for taking care of me right now especially since I’m at my worst. I was thinking about buying a maybach s for her. She has always talks about how cool those cars are when we see them.

I appreciate the kind words. It helps a lot when Im having a pretty tough time with the chemo right now. I was reminded the other day when I would be posting and laughing in this thread that my wife always busted my balls by saying are you playing with your internet boyfriends again. This is the only place I post on the internet and rarely venture out of SA because Im just not a tech guy and I don’t trust the internet so this place means a lot to me and your kind words go a long way.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
you're a cool guy jase. it's been an absolute trip watching you gamble here. don't feel you need to do that big bet though. i like the idea of mrs. jase getting a maybach.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jase I've been following your escapades since the original pool hall thread (holy poo poo that was a decade ago) and they're so much fun to read.

Whatever you bet on this card I wanna make the same bet with far less zeroes so I can experience what it's like to be you. How do I do that as a Canadian that's never sports betted before?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Jase, I don't remember if I've ever posted in this thread because my bets are basically only one-digit bets on hugely unlikely parlays (since those seem like my best chance of graduating to a hundrednaire), but it's always a fun read, and seeing your bets before an event has added much-needed drama to a bunch of fights over the years. I'm glad you and your wife are there for each other -- I'd say go for a Maybach for mrs. Jase over an all-or-nothing gamble for the excitement of Goons. You could bet a single dollar and we'd still be invested at this point. Rooting for ya as always!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

Also does anyone remember the dude who had a spreadsheet on me? I would honestly like to know if he kept that up so I could see my final record in here.

That was me, I was underemployed and bored at the time. I still have it, ends July 2017.

e: if anyone wants to scrape the data, I can finish the graph. I need amount wagered, and total winnings for each bet.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 24, 2022

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

200k on Spivac -220

Even my bookie double checked with me to make sure it was real. It’s the single largest bet I have ever made in my life.

The very first bet I ever made in my life was trying to beat my Uncle in putt putt when I was 11. I bet him $5 I could get a better score. It was all the money I had. My parents gave it to me for my good grades in school. My uncle showed no mercy and demolished me and took me 5 bucks. I cried all night and my mom and dad were pissed at my uncle. Little did I know that was the start of this insane loving journey that lead me to this. One thing I have never done in my life is beat my uncle in pool. It’s the one thing I failed at more than anything else. It’s kept my drive all theses years and what has made me successful. I don’t know why I’m sharing this I guess I’m just rambling and reminiscing about my life.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

200k on Spivac -220

Even my bookie double checked with me to make sure it was real. It’s the single largest bet I have ever made in my life.

The very first bet I ever made in my life was trying to beat my Uncle in putt putt when I was 11. I bet him $5 I could get a better score. It was all the money I had. My parents gave it to me for my good grades in school. My uncle showed no mercy and demolished me and took me 5 bucks. I cried all night and my mom and dad were pissed at my uncle. Little did I know that was the start of this insane loving journey that lead me to this. One thing I have never done in my life is beat my uncle in pool. It’s the one thing I failed at more than anything else. It’s kept my drive all theses years and what has made me successful. I don’t know why I’m sharing this I guess I’m just rambling and reminiscing about my life.

my God man. a true hero. gonna bet $20 in solidarity as soon as DraftKings lets me log in.

you should put all that pool poo poo into a book

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it's your thread bro post what you like

i don't know who spivac is but gl

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tragic news :(

You’re a true legend and will live on forever in the hearts and minds of many goons.

Godspeed Jase!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I will never root for Sergey Spivak again so hard in my life.