Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Yeah, for sure, it's weird as hell. Can't do movies or shows where kids get hurt or abducted either.

Ugh.
Also dead baby jokes, not that I was a huge fan to begin with, but if they were well crafted I could appreciate it on principle.

Edit: Awesome page snipe, lemme see if I can find a funny pic:

Mr Havafap has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

some MIALS 'll do ion at ned to those in need
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I once accidentally sat down on one of my cats because of this.

This guy:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sound optional
https://i.imgur.com/SCylw4d.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That’s a lot of weird window dressing to tell a goofy joke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

That’s a lot of weird window dressing to tell a goofy joke

That's TikTok in a nutshell

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wywugmc.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://youtu.be/-m4qqw_0tms

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Some good Vinyls

Have nunchucks ever been used as a practical weapon?

I've always had the impression they were basically made to train your coordination because if you can swing them around without hitting yourself you're probably pretty skilled.

Is it like the flail in Europe where it started out as a farming tool but was modified for battle only they took the abstraction a lot further in the east?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I have this, Rufus Harley is great

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's a mesmerizing album. There's probably good reason no one before or since has even tried to play jazz on bagpipes but I'm glad Rufus Harley did.

I also like the backstory where Rufus hears bagpipes for the first time watching JFKs funeral on TV and is so amazed at their mournful sound that he basically teaches himself to play on some ratty pawn shop bagpipes and dodges his neighbour's frequent noise complaints by asking the cops "Do I look Scottish to you?".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've always had the impression they were basically made to train your coordination because if you can swing them around without hitting yourself you're probably pretty skilled.

Is it like the flail in Europe where it started out as a farming tool but was modified for battle only they took the abstraction a lot further in the east?

You’re not suppose to swing them around like that, no

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

FreudianSlippers posted:

They're just a shortened rice flail anyway, not much more abstract. And neither Eastern nor Western flails ever saw much military use apart from occasional peasant uprising/conscription for exactly that reason. They're hard to use and not as effective as they look. But they look cool so how to use or defend yourself against them got played up at the writing desk and training hall for as little as it saw the battlefield.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Killer robot posted:

They're just a shortened rice flail anyway, not much more abstract. And neither Eastern nor Western flails ever saw much military use apart from occasional peasant uprising/conscription for exactly that reason. They're hard to use and not as effective as they look. But they look cool so how to use or defend yourself against them got played up at the writing desk and training hall for as little as it saw the battlefield.

Lol, while you were studying the "flail", I studied the...uh...

...the oar.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Elissimpark posted:

...the oar.

If it's good enough for Miyamoto Musashi, it's good enough for Kwai Chang Caine there

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Elissimpark posted:

...the oar.

Elden Ring looking good

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elissimpark posted:

...the oar.

Odysseus heaves a heavy sigh and keeps walking inland

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Elissimpark posted:

...the oar.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Phy posted:

Odysseus heaves a heavy sigh and keeps walking inland

:lol:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Elissimpark posted:

...the oar.

It's like cricket but some things got lost in translation.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It's ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8pYpii2Atg

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If it's good enough for Miyamoto Musashi, it's good enough for Kwai Chang Caine there

Not gonna lie, wish I actually had studied the oar.

Hyperlynx posted:

It's like cricket but some things got lost in translation.

Its like those early paintings of Australian landscapes before everyone had figured out the colour scheme and the animals.

But Japan and cricket.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

https://youtu.be/3-8VI3URI1I

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Elissimpark posted:

Not gonna lie, wish I actually had studied the oar.

Its like those early paintings of Australian landscapes before everyone had figured out the colour scheme and the animals.

I love those paintings. Mouse-arooos! Rubbery eucalyptus! The rare duck-necked sulfur-crested cockatoo!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Killer robot posted:

They're in the same category as the ball on a chain thing:

https://i.imgur.com/tsQCPu0.mp4

Looks fly, but if you try it against someone who actually wants you dead, they will just walk right up to you and feed you the loving thing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mmiicckkkeeyyy/status/1496478591185567752

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Looks fly, but if you try it against someone who actually wants you dead, they will just walk right up to you and feed you the loving thing.
Mostly text, but relevant:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Um...
:sweatdrop:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Goodness gracious!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That fight in Kill Bill vol. 1 was fun, tho

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Grendels Dad posted:

That fight in Shanghai Noon was fun, tho

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I mean that's cool but I don't see what's funny about it :confused:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Odd, I don't recall Captain Bertorelli looking so pink

You can't see what Yvette's doing with the wet celery.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's funny because she's wearing a suit on top but not on the bottom duh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Odd, I don't recall Captain Bertorelli looking so pink

Hwhat-a mistay-ka-to-may-ka! :ohdear:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DontMockMySmock posted:

some MIALS 'll do ion at ned to those in need
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

:laffo:

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Counterpoint: But now I know how it feels to fall in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/RUMbVih.mp4