Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

only interaction I have with mercs is AFK'ing for free exp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
So what's the best single card for the current tavern brawl?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mayveena posted:

So what's the best single card for the current tavern brawl?

Pogo Hopper or something that counters it

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The rogue card that destroys all copies of a card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amoeba102 posted:

The rogue card that destroys all copies of a card.

Too slow, you'll be dead to Pogos before you can play it

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Ice block

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Palm Reading seems fairly effective for priest.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I used Parrley. First match was a hunter teched against pogos, second was rogue with pogos who conceded when he played a Parrley into another one, and realized he could never catch up with my stolen pogos.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Pogo loses to Varden

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Firebert posted:

Pogo loses to Varden

Yup, that did the trick! Thanks all :)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

fanny packrat posted:

I used Parrley. First match was a hunter teched against pogos, second was rogue with pogos who conceded when he played a Parrley into another one, and realized he could never catch up with my stolen pogos.

Used Parrley and stoke a Crystal Alignment from a Druid as well as a card that brought me back to full health. Was fun!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I like using Illidari Studies for this brawl.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah got the easiest five brawl wins quest completion with varden yesterday

It’s fun that none of the rogues conceded right away because they were hoping it was a one off and not the card I put in, or that I wouldn’t have enough to keep freezing the board until they died

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Cry Havoc posted:

yeah got the easiest five brawl wins quest completion with varden yesterday

It’s fun that none of the rogues conceded right away because they were hoping it was a one off and not the card I put in, or that I wouldn’t have enough to keep freezing the board until they died

Varden got beat by Mind Blast and Athletic Studies. It froze pogo’s into oblivion, pretty funny

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

fanny packrat posted:

Apparently Grandmasters starts this week, and drops are enabled. Max of 4 packs, 2 for the qualifying weeks, 2 for playoffs.

yep, gm season started this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv1e5l3DrGM

according to the rules we can get 8 packs

Week 1 (This weekend) : FiAV (Max 2 packs)
Week 2 (March 4-6) : FiAV (Max 2 packs)
Week 3 (March 11-13) : FiAV (Max 2 packs)
Playoffs (March 25-27) : FiAV (Max 2 packs)

e: every communication reinforces the 4 pack thing so i'm going to assume its correct and their rules are just poo poo tbh

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 25, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This is still not good but still fun mostly and sometimes hilarious. Tbh I feel like i'm currently mutating it into a lovely homegrown RenoLock? The whole point of the deck is that I think Plot Twist/Fel Lord Betrug is hilarious and often degenerate. I've been working on this forever. Literal years. This is the best version in a good while and the first to include Reno and not just Zephyrs. This is a pretty expensive Wild deck for how terrible it is re: win/losses, AND it's also a pretty expensive Wild deck for learning curve vs. fun, AND it sucks in Ranked. I don't really recommend this at all unless you can just build it. Put your dust to better uses. I can share it and let you play it, you can build something similar? I can build your ideal vision of it and let you play it for a few games? I've hit this mental roadblock here. PLEASE Goons help me make this suck less, for it is so much fun.

Message me or whatever. Check my post history, I don't post all my versions but I know I have posted a lot of them. I feel like i'm maybe missing something(s) that could make this work better.

DesertBus#1367 NA server

### RenoLordTwist
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 1x (2) Questing Explorer
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Free Admission
# 1x (4) The Dark Portal
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 2x (5) Runed Mithril Rod
# 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAEBAcn1AgzDFpfTAo+CA4mdA+ujA/yjA7ulA7+5A9a5A4/OA87SA/bjAwnalgPamwPrrAOV3gO98QPM+QOD+wOxnwTnoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

EDIT: Also, it needs a better name

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 26, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I stray farther from the love of a Merciful God. Getting more into DR stuff maybe not terrible??? Owl, N'Zoth, Hakkar, Colossus??? :

### OWL(v.bad)
#
# 2x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 1x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Free Admission
# 1x (4) Tamsin's Phylactery
# 1x (4) The Dark Portal
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 1x (5) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 2x (7) Humongous Owl
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 1x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAarABBDDFuCsApfTAo+CA9qWA4mdA+ujA/yjA7+5A9a5A4/OA/bjA73xA8z5A4P7A/GRBAfamwPrrAPO0gOV3gPXkgSxnwTnoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### TwistedReno
#
# 1x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 1x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Free Admission
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (4) Tamsin's Phylactery
# 1x (4) The Dark Portal
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 1x (5) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (7) Humongous Owl
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 1x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAcn1AhTDFuCsAti7ApfTAo+CA9qWA4mdA+ujA/yjA7+5A9a5A4/OA87SA/bjA/zoA73xA8z5A4P7A/GRBNeSBAXamwPrrAOV3gOxnwTnoAQA
#

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Not liking this meta. I'm having genuine trouble even clearing the "win 5 in ranked" weekly.

edit: true to form, complaining on the forums worked

Navaash fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 27, 2022

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Navaash posted:

Not liking this meta. I'm having genuine trouble even clearing the "win 5 in ranked" weekly.

Are you a time traveler, I feel like I read this post back during <insert literally any Hearthstone expansion here>

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Some weren't that bad, but those were probably before the move from gold to exp rewards.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

this meta is loving stupid but hey its better than roguestone i think maybe

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

With Quest Pirate Warrior mostly out of the Casual Wild meta, it was time to update the Secret Package on the TONK. Bear Trap is out, Ice/Freezing Trap are in. Feels good so far? I can get 5 secrets instead of 4 (more deck thinning), slow someone down one way or another, etc?

Olpainless it's time to compare and contrast our divergent TONK decks, it's been awhile.

### ColdTonk
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 1x (2) Freezing Trap
# 1x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAYoWBscPoIAD8ZYD5e8Dq40E5J8EDIAH9w2czQLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gPCgASpnwTjnwQA
#

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
My Arena opponent with a nutso deck just lost to my discovered Onyxia because 'Whelp Bonker' is tagged as a Whelp for no reason and left my Onyxia immortal forever lmao. That's the good poo poo.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Jeza posted:

My Arena opponent with a nutso deck just lost to my discovered Onyxia because 'Whelp Bonker' is tagged as a Whelp for no reason and left my Onyxia immortal forever lmao. That's the good poo poo.

Lol - guess they didn't code it to a Whelp card/token ID, but made it based on card name. I'm going to check later to see if any other non-dragon card or token has "whelp" in its name.

Edit: Big 'ol Whelp works, kind of expected, and so does Mechanical Whelpling. Outside of that, everything else with Whelp in its name is just a dragon or generator of whelp tokens and doesn't seem as strange as Whelpbonker.

Jolly Jumbuck fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 28, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's consistent, at least - in BGs Onyxia's buddy, Many Whelps, gets bigger when you play a Red Whelp.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
Is there any chatter about nerfing queen wagtoggle in bgs? I can't remember the last time she wasn't top 2 just by staying on tier 1 the entire game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Capped posted:

Is there any chatter about nerfing queen wagtoggle in bgs? I can't remember the last time she wasn't top 2 just by staying on tier 1 the entire game.

She can only consistently do it when Murlocs and Beasts aren’t in, and she can still get wrecked by poison Amalgadons(and she does so little damage she gives her opponents lots of time to get those).

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I unlocked an Alterac Valley gameplay achievement a few days ago, didn’t catch what, but nothing it showing up in the achievement menu for me to click. The red exclamation mark is still on my journal, and it’s bugging the poo poo out of me.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Finally stopped putting it off and did the climb to legend last night with beast druid. This might still be the best deck in the format. You farm all the kazakus druids and have pretty good game against all the other initiative decks. Anti aggro hurts but you can reload with composting. Certain decks suck to play against though, control priest and warrior in particular can clear your board over and over and over and over. But they aren't too common.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Dr Christmas posted:

I unlocked an Alterac Valley gameplay achievement a few days ago, didn’t catch what, but nothing it showing up in the achievement menu for me to click. The red exclamation mark is still on my journal, and it’s bugging the poo poo out of me.

experiencing the same as well

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Lol - guess they didn't code it to a Whelp card/token ID, but made it based on card name. I'm going to check later to see if any other non-dragon card or token has "whelp" in its name.

Edit: Big 'ol Whelp works, kind of expected, and so does Mechanical Whelpling. Outside of that, everything else with Whelp in its name is just a dragon or generator of whelp tokens and doesn't seem as strange as Whelpbonker.

Nope!

https://twitter.com/Songbird_HS/status/1493776337055584261

Surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

No comment:

### Finley Flurgl Scar-Eye
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Lushwater Scout
# 2x (2) South Coast Chieftain
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAYHaAwTgBYQXnJsDqO4DDdsD+AenCL8Xt2yLzgKMlAO1mAPKqwOU6AOz6APd7AOV8AMA
#

EDIT: Use Coldlight Oracle to make people over draw and burn cards lolooooooooooooooool

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 1, 2022

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

RatHat posted:

She can only consistently do it when Murlocs and Beasts aren’t in, and she can still get wrecked by poison Amalgadons(and she does so little damage she gives her opponents lots of time to get those).
I just did this in a game with Beasts (2 and 3 were Mechs and Demons but 4 was Bears, Rats, Frogs and Barons) and it is really stupid but kind of hilarious that it works so well. Apparently Demons makes it easy since you can get a couple of gold Tricksters and just laugh off any other stat build. My second and third place opponents both conceded after taking their five damage in the final two rounds.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ctrl f "whelp"; add all results

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
haven't played regular hearthstone for 12 months, decide to try to get some quests banged out in wild, play big priest and proceed to get absolutely clowned on by every iteration of a control deck I could imagine. The system works.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Wild Big Priest kind of died with United in Stormwind.

But to be fair a lot of decks died with United in Stormwind :v:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so it turns out the Mi'da achievement is bugged and can be done in Practice mode

just a little FYI

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Well that's good to know. Even in a dream priest mirror where we both spent the game stealing each other's Mi'das, I still only got to 3/5 on that achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
So I guess no nerfs? I get there's a lotta aggro that dunks on Kaz but... drat.