Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I didn't know what lean was, I thought just be some kind of fruit drink, I dont believe you can get those kinds of cough medicines in the UK.

I suppose it's an inventive way to get high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mega Comrade posted:

I didn't know what lean was, I thought just be some kind of fruit drink, I dont believe you can get those kinds of cough medicines in the UK.

I suppose it's an inventive way to get high.

The first time I became aware of lean / purple drank was when some people were arguing that Trayvon Martin was a dangerous criminal because he was carrying Skittles and soda, ingredients that could be used to make lean (and there's no other reason a kid might possess them)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

MariusLecter posted:

Surprise? How sensitive are you to capsaicin?
Not enough that I'm worried about a spicy apple

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wouldn't the heat from the oven ruin any of the active ingredients that get you high?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Empty Sandwich posted:

I had to look up "ciboulette"... chives. is that another plant that has different English dialect words?

cilantro doesn't taste soapy to me. it does taste green/grassy, but I like the flavor (same goes for parsley, etc).

Nah I just forgot about the english word. My food knowledge is in spanish but since "ciboulette" is clearly french in origin I didn't think it'd need translation too.

Kyte has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Feb 27, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So it's a shibboleth then?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

No, it's a cibbouleth, can't you loving READ?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Behold, I bring you photographic proof that there is no God!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LadyPictureShow posted:

This pork's from a creek?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Zil posted:

Wouldn't the heat from the oven ruin any of the active ingredients that get you high?

I was wondering about that, too. my incredibly lazy research suggests that codeine is stable at the boiling point of water, which the inside of the bread wouldn't get higher than anyway. I don't know about the promethazine.

I vaguely remember hearing about people simmering down syrup to make it stronger. my knowledge about this poo poo comes from Memphis rap and (on one occasion) the back window of a pickup truck

Paladinus posted:

lol

Kyte posted:

Nah I just forgot about the english word. My food knowledge is in spanish but since "ciboulette" is clearly french in origin I didn't think it'd need translation too.

my culinary French is even more limited than my regular French, but I notice that a lot of the herb names are similar, which I suppose makes sense. whenever Papa Smurf is mixing up some poo poo in his lab I can read a surprising number of the ingredients just from cognates.

hell, even chibou(lette)/chive, for that matter.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kinda drunk, so would

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

LadyPictureShow posted:

Macys place is amazing, has been posted multiple times, and you should go there if you live in Buffalo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Skittles and soda, ingredients that could be used to make lean
I once read head shops described as "where you can buy everything you need to get high except the one thing you need to get high", strongly similar energy.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cilantro tastes like soap to me, but a little bit in certain Thai or Mexican dishes works. Like in Thai beef salad, the little bit of a soapy taste is acceptable to me. Doesn't take too much cilantro to be disgusting, though. My tolerance for it is higher than it used to be, but it still tastes like loving soap.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

more falafel please posted:

Isn't chive an allium?

Yes it is, Allium schoenoprasum. Grows wild in Europe.

Cilantro and parsley are in the carrot family, and many other herbs (basil, oregany, thyme) are in the mint family.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

axolotl farmer posted:

Yes it is, Allium schoenoprasum. Grows wild in Europe.

Cilantro and parsley are in the carrot family, and many other herbs (basil, oregany, thyme) are in the mint family.

I never thought about that but when cilantro gets leggy, it's basically indistinguishable from carrot greens.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cage posted:

Macys place is amazing, has been posted multiple times, and you should go there if you live in Buffalo.

I don't recall seeing this place before :staredog:

Non pizza bonuses!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Now I finally understand what it's like for Americans to take your food culture and ruin it :britain:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno, I think they have kept true to the spirit, frankly I am only surprised that scotland didn't get to it first.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I would all those pizzas. Also, does Ken’s just make ranch sauces?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno, I think they have kept true to the spirit, frankly I am only surprised that scotland didn't get to it first.

Whole thing needs to be deep fried for that.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cage posted:

Oh they're great, I had some of their less esoteric offerings when I was home for Christmas.

They just get real weird with it sometimes, and that's when I post them here.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I would all those pizzas. Also, does Ken’s just make ranch sauces?

All dips and dressings insofar as I've seen, a pizza place I worked for used their products and it was pretty much ranch, Bleu cheese, honey mustard, BBQ, etc.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Cookout (southern fast food chain) used all Ken's sauces for years, I dipped many hush puppies in their CANNONBALL BBQ SAUCE

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

They have a "sweet Vidalia onion" sauce that was excellent as a dressing or a non-spicy wing sauce option OR as a base sauce on pizza. Highly recommended for versatility from Brawnfire, 2010 pizza employee

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ken’s Sweet n Sour Sauce is good, as is their Italian dressing.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also Ken’s is a real place, a steakhouse in Framingham MA.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also Ken’s is a real place, a steakhouse in Framingham MA.

Yes! Very good steakhouse in the 1970s style. Ken’s bottled Caesar dressing isn’t bad.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I had seen "they were born in a great steak house" on the label, but I didn't know the steak house had survived the delivery.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I should head up there. I haven’t been there since I was a kid but I only live like an hour away.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I liked Ken's ranch dressing, but at this point my favorite is Wish-Bone. It's one of those things where I would get more expensive, fancier versions and find I didn't like them, and eventually figured out I prefer the cheaper versions. A lot of expensive ranch seems to be sweet, which I find disgusting. Ken's is good but Wish-Bone is slightly better. I followed a similar arc with mayonnaise, where I eventually figured out I prefer store-brand mayo to any artisanal or even name-brand mayo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Mmm hot dog in a tumor.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sekhmnet posted:

Mmm hot dog in a tumor.
I know, I know, it's serious

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

I know, I know, it's serious

Lmao

Yeah I'll have uhhh vitiligo dog on a hyperhidrosis bun

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That was from the Sandwich Man? That is the stuff of nightmares.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
is a sandwich man a hotdog man?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Heyyy hometown represent :smith: