Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

it does, lol.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it actually looks like there isn't an achievement for getting all of the Rages, though, which is good. they do give one for getting all the magicite, which means you'd have to give up the ragnarok sword to get it :(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cheevos are cringe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Cheevos are cringe

I just remembered that I saw a car with the license plate PCKLRCK yesterday

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

it actually looks like there isn't an achievement for getting all of the Rages, though, which is good. they do give one for getting all the magicite, which means you'd have to give up the ragnarok sword to get it :(

If it works like the GBA version, you can steal one from the final boss I think, and then keep it afterward.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

you give a man a sword, then he has a sword - but if you give him the magicite then everyone learns Ultima

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

you give a man a sword, then he has a sword - but if you give him the magicite then everyone learns Ultima

lol

you can learn ultima from the cursed shield.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finding out that the shield doesnt get uncursed if you equip it on gogo :negative:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

It takes to long to uncrise ot

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I remember reading that getting all Rages is impossible anyway because certain rages exist but the monsters don't appear on the Veldt so you can't learn them.

There is a Rage that Gau can learn late in the game that lets him Charm any enemy in the game including the final boss.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

I remember reading that getting all Rages is impossible anyway because certain rages exist but the monsters don't appear on the Veldt so you can't learn them.

There is a Rage that Gau can learn late in the game that lets him Charm any enemy in the game including the final boss.

yeah, 2-3 of them are dummied out and can only be accessed with rom-hacks or whatever. there are also encounters you have to fail challenges to find, like the spinning lights at narshe.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, 2-3 of them are dummied out and can only be accessed with rom-hacks or whatever. there are also encounters you have to fail challenges to find, like the spinning lights at narshe.

Is it confirmed yet that there's any missable stuff in the game?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Is it confirmed yet that there's any missable stuff in the game?

I'm extremely sure the things that were missable are still missable,.that was true of 4 and 5. bestiary entries will be the big one for this game, you can easily miss some in narshe or the cave to south figaro

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Most of the first half of the game is missable.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hell, shadow is.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

I'm extremely sure the things that were missable are still missable,.that was true of 4 and 5. bestiary entries will be the big one for this game, you can easily miss some in narshe or the cave to south figaro

Looks like someone already made a list of missable stuff in 6; hope it helps you: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2762651783

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 25, 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think i already missed one of the chests in the imperial camp, lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

there's one in like, the top left I didn't know about for years

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there's one in like, the top left I didn't know about for years

apparently you need to jump in a hole to get it. i think the camp closes forever as soon as you leave so i might have to go back to an old save or write it off.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

apparently you need to jump in a hole to get it. i think the camp closes forever as soon as you leave so i might have to go back to an old save or write it off.

I don't know about a hole, you just walk around a tent or something, I think

there's another chest you investigate that you end up jumping in to avoid a guard though lol

that map is inaccessible after you leave though yeah

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
One of the chests has a monster that only appears if you choose to kick it and isn't fought anywhere else in the game. Don't know if it has a bestiary entry but it definitely has a rage.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

What's the deal; you have to open every single treasure chest? Or is it just that it has an item that you can't get anywhere else preventing you from 100%ing the item section of the game?

Does the game actually require you to open every single chest to get 100%? lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

One of the chests has a monster that only appears if you choose to kick it and isn't fought anywhere else in the game. Don't know if it has a bestiary entry but it definitely has a rage.

I think Telstar/Satellite also only appears in one of the tent chests, which you can only get during the brief period in between Kefka combats. It's not even the easiest bestiary entry to miss. In Terra's scenario, there's that one room where you have to follow the light, and you have to A) gently caress up the pathway B) gently caress up and miss tagging the golden light and C) get lucky, because there's only a 1/4 chance you'll find the two enemies that can only be encountered there (Rinn/Eukaryote, and Spectre).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm so glad that I've decided not to go for completion or any kind of challenge run... this time.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wakka's violent racism against the filthy, disgusting, scheming, stateless al bhed bankers and traders wasn't affecting me until i voluntarily subjected myself to blitzball at a save point and was matched against the albhed psychos in the first match. die!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

wakka's violent racism against the filthy, disgusting, scheming, stateless al bhed bankers and traders wasn't affecting me until i voluntarily subjected myself to blitzball at a save point and was matched against the albhed psychos in the first match. die!

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m from Besaid and I say kill ‘em all!!!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

I think Telstar/Satellite also only appears in one of the tent chests, which you can only get during the brief period in between Kefka combats. It's not even the easiest bestiary entry to miss. In Terra's scenario, there's that one room where you have to follow the light, and you have to A) gently caress up the pathway B) gently caress up and miss tagging the golden light and C) get lucky, because there's only a 1/4 chance you'll find the two enemies that can only be encountered there (Rinn/Eukaryote, and Spectre).

Does 100%ing the game even unlock anything? Like an extra dungeon or GBA extras or whatever?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It unlocks your sense of pride in a job well done.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

It unlocks your sense of pride in a job well done.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsnXVWHt64

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I maybe never noticed before but it seems like there are more back attacks/pincer attacks than there used to be in the 6 remaster?

It looks and sounds great though, it's probably my favourite of the bunch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I maybe never noticed before but it seems like there are more back attacks/pincer attacks than there used to be in the 6 remaster?

It looks and sounds great though, it's probably my favourite of the bunch

6 definitely goes a little overboard on back attacks and pincers, it's in the original too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i hadn't played ff6 since becoming a dad and i was prepared for the cyan stuff but the second gau's sprite showed up i suddenly got absolutely furious at his dad, lol.