Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I heard someone got him on camera and he threatened them with "if you release that, I'll kill everyone".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This… is just kind of funny and I’m not mad and I’m excited for Season 3

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

they should let Antony beat up more chefs tbh. in fact they should force him to. if he doesn't batter 3 chefs a month when they're not filming, he doesn't get to be the homelander in s4

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Wake me up when he's jacking off while beating up chefs.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I remember earlier in this thread there was a video where they interviewed some of the cast and when asked which actor is most like their character, everyone pointed to Starr.
Kinda makes sense now.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

Wake me up when he's jacking off while beating up chefs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Chef was just 21 years old and had a loving glass smashed into his face.

gently caress making jokes about something like that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, thread is going in a really weird direction on this one.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok you win we will all stop watching the show you guys

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^ Watch the show, I know I still will be. Just don't pretend what Starr did is in any way not massively hosed up.

Nasty memories of the Top Gear thread after Clarkson abused and assaulted one of the producers of the show.

"But funny man makes me laugh!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

dudes an amazing actor but he should not glass any more service workers in a drunken rage and tbh one is enough that I wouldn't complain if he lost his career and got recast for next season.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah uh no more drinks for anthony

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh man he's actually a huge jackass. That's disappointing.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

yeah uh no more drinks for anthony

paper cups going forward, at the very least

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I was going to come here to discuss Diabolical, but dang :stare:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On a different note I liked that the show had Stormfront not have a glorious ending or a big final showdown. She just takes a child-sized nuke to the face and is left barely able to string together a coherent sentence as she dies babbling about a memory that she's clinging to from over 80 years ago as it's the only thing she can focus on in that moment. Not able to go out like a badass, just reduced to a pathetic mess like any nazi deserves.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-boys-actor-antony-starr-gets-suspended-prison-sentence-assault-in-pub-3175832

12 months suspended prison sentence provided he doesn’t violate a 2-year probation?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
It says in the article that that is standard in Spain, where that happened. (The suspended sentence)

Also wanted to mention it was an altercation with a random in a pub, since some people seem to think he attacked the chef of a restaurant he was eating in.

Not excusable, but if you're the type who is prone to getting blackout drunk in bars you've probably been involved in something similar. I've had injuries on that level from drunkenly horsing around with friends I didn't press charges on. Fun to explain my black eye and hosed up face to my boss at my customer facing job after my friend and I decided we really needed to duel with kendo swords at 1am in my backyard though.

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 4, 2022

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, apparently he was getting loud and annoying, and the dude asked him to tone it down and he went homelander on him.

Yea, it was a lovely thing to do, and yea if he gets recast I'm not gonna lose any sleep. Sometimes you just gotta find some humor in things or life just wears you down. Having the guy who plays a super powered psychopath actually go full method while he's drunk is sad, but weirdly ironic. I feel bad that dude got punched and hit with a glass. It was a complete dick move and no one is saying different. It is completely possible to joke about something and still be outraged by it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I just think it's funny that he behaves like this after two seasons of playing a character that is characterized as frankly kind of a pathetic loser for this kind of behavior

Like if you told me that after the verdict he made a payment transfer on his phone, then immediately went to the tallest building he could find and jerked off it while insisting he could do anything he wanted, I wouldn't even be shocked.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

This absolutely diminishes Starr in my eyes, and I'm sorry for making light of the situation before. Everybody says he is an incredible actor who can pull off this menacing look so well, but it's not really acting when he is a real-life rear end in a top hat like that, is it.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

anyone who yells "you don’t know who I am" after glassing a bar staff in the face (or really anytime) deserves every negative consequence they get, including hopefully constant public ridicule.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

This absolutely diminishes Starr in my eyes, and I'm sorry for making light of the situation before. Everybody says he is an incredible actor who can pull off this menacing look so well, but it's not really acting when he is a real-life rear end in a top hat like that, is it.

Completely sucks the enjoyment of watching him be such an absolute loving dick on tv when I know he's an absolute loving dick in real life.

Seriously, gently caress that guy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I bet he drinks breast milk too

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Reminds me of the actor of Notable Shithead Character King Joffrey from Game of Thrones, who by all accounts is a super nice guy and who indeed was recognized by many people and quit acting partly because of being identified with this character so much.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-boys-actor-antony-starr-gets-suspended-prison-sentence-assault-in-pub-3175832

12 months suspended prison sentence provided he doesn’t violate a 2-year probation?

Ok you win we will all stop bullying the rich actor who got a slap on the wrist for disfiguring a service worker for doing their job.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grendels Dad posted:

Reminds me of the actor of Notable Shithead Character King Joffrey from Game of Thrones, who by all accounts is a super nice guy and who indeed was recognized by many people and quit acting partly because of being identified with this character so much.

if i was getting threats from lunatics who can't tell reality from fantasy i might quit my job too.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

thunderspanks posted:

anyone who yells "you don’t know who I am" after glassing a bar staff in the face (or really anytime) deserves every negative consequence they get, including hopefully constant public ridicule.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

uber_stoat posted:

if i was getting threats from lunatics who can't tell reality from fantasy i might quit my job too.

That gets repeated a lot, but when asked why he was quitting acting Gleeson said it was honestly just because he wanted to do something else and while he liked acting, he didn't love it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-4-9258777.html

quote:

Asked why he was retiring by Entertainment Weekly, he replied: "The answer isn’t interesting or long-winded. I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to.

"And now there’s the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for some fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I hate it, it’s just not what I want to do."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

uber_stoat posted:

There was an actress for The Office who got death threats towards her because she played a woman who was trying to sleep with Jim. I think her dog got mauled in an animal attack and dozens of people were like "hahaha that's what you deserve"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It was a complete dick move and no one is saying different. It is completely possible to joke about something and still be outraged by it.

Bust Rodd posted:

This… is just kind of funny and I’m not mad and I’m excited for Season 3

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Ok you win we will all stop bullying the rich actor who got a slap on the wrist for disfiguring a service worker for doing their job.

That's actually the normal sentence in Spain. They mention in the article that he has 72 hours to pay the guy, he's on 2 years probation. He's not getting preferred treatment or anything.

Also, the service worker wasn't doing his job, the fight happened at a bar.

Read the article, it's all in there. You can be just as outraged with the facts, too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

bust rodd

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Give the service worker your entire S3 contracted salary and we'll call it even.

Gross, not net. Starr can pay the taxes on that poo poo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think Starr should have to be his butler for a year

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

christmas boots posted:

I think Starr should have to be his butler for a year

lol

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

So how’s this bad looking cartoon?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

So how’s this bad looking cartoon?

I really liked it! I don't want to post a huge wall of text behind spoilers though, maybe after more people have watched it? :ohdear:

Re: bad looking: Every episode is done in (mimicking?) a different animation style.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Alright I'll check it out. That also explains some of the oddities in the trailer.

Edit: That first episode was fantastic.

Edit2: And Christian Slater's voice pops up in the first second of the next one.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The only "canon" short is the very last one about Homelander's debut and first mission, most of the rest are pretty decent on their own merits.

The last short does reveal some things about Homelander, namely that he did actually try to be an all-loving Superman figure at first but he was too hosed up from his Unit 731 childhood (they vivisected him and put his arm in a furnace) that he snapped into psychosis at even the smallest pressure.

There's also the unsolved mystery of what Black Noir told Homelander that immediately stopped his murderous rage at him.