Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
In 1999, Bodacious was inducted into the ProRodeo Hall of Fame, and in 2017 into the Bull Riding Hall of Fame. In 2019, the PBR inducted Bodacious into the Brand of Honor, which is part of the PBR’s Heroes and Legends Celebration, the PBR's unique way of honoring outstanding individuals and livestock in the sport of rodeo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

He wrote to the newly successful washing-machine entrepreneur John Bloom inviting him to "do for us what Brian Epstein has done for the Beatles—and make another million."

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Platystemon posted:

who wrote this poo poo? the 1950s?
Sounds like typical Wikipedia. Completely encyclopedic and neutral, [crosses fingers behind back] absolutely no right-wing bias.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
In 1999, DigiScents developed a computer peripheral device called iSmell, which was designed to emit a smell when a user visited a web site or opened an email. The device contained a cartridge with 128 "primary odors", which could be mixed to replicate natural and man-made odors. DigiScents had indexed thousands of common odors, which could be coded, digitized, and embedded into web pages or email.[4] After $20 million in investment, DigiScents was shut down in 2001 when it was unable to obtain the additional funding it required.[5]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Known for
"Let's get this out onto a tray... Nice. M'kay."
"Nice hiss."
"Nice gusset."
"I'll be coming back at you with something new... or old."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Known for
"Let's get this out onto a tray... Nice. M'kay."
"Nice hiss."
"Nice gusset."
"I'll be coming back at you with something new... or old."

steve1989mreinfo is cool even if he has some extremely strange opinions about how to prepare tea

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the guy ate beef from 1899, he can make his tea however badly he likes

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He ate 120 year old beef and was fine but was hospitalised by a modern Ukrainian ration

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Very early in the process one of the scientists, Mac Hadley,[15] who was conducting experiments on himself with the peptide melanotan II, injected himself with twice the dose he intended and experienced an eight-hour erection, along with nausea and vomiting.[13]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

Very early in the process one of the scientists, Mac Hadley,[15] who was conducting experiments on himself with the peptide melanotan II, injected himself with twice the dose he intended and experienced an eight-hour erection, along with nausea and vomiting.[13]

The riff is similar to the opening riff from "Deuce" by Kiss.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

so it's a fake tan that makes you horny? suddenly a lot of america makes sense to me.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Chord company praised the sound quality, saying the drums were well recorded.[17]

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

alexandriao posted:

goddamn that was indeed a speedy deletion.

I just made the URL up for the Russell's Paradox gag, there was never content there.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Keith Richards wrote "Satisfaction" in his sleep and recorded a rough version of the riff on a Philips cassette player. He had no idea he had written it.[4] He said when he listened to the recording in the morning, there was about two minutes of acoustic guitar before you could hear him drop the pick and "then me snoring for the next forty minutes".[5]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The name is doubly a misnomer not only because both males and females are served as Cornish game hens, meaning that many are not actually hens, nor does the bird have any affiliation to Cornwall.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Platystemon posted:

who wrote this poo poo? the 1950s?
hm, the article's still like this. it seems that not even a blatant violation of WP:NPOV can make dragonflysixtyseven use his wikipedia authority for a purpose other than being the most humorlessly petty twerp on the planet. imagine that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The film received mixed reviews from critics who deemed the film inferior to the original and unnecessary. The movie was a box-office bomb after grossing $42 million worldwide against a budget of $30 million.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Company postings throughout 2016 on social media continue to show only a rough model "EP-4" prototype driven at low speed, now for multiple years. Mentions of a need for at least two more prototypes indicate that the road to production is still far off. With limited pictures and videos of an unfinished single-seat vehicle driven at low speeds, and with either audio removed from videos or very loud gyroscope noise, critics are wary to expect that a production model can be built in the next few years, even if funding was secured.

Despite consistent remarks of this project being vaporware, and with no production updates in multiple years, Lit Motors staff continued to insist that production was upcoming. Deposit refunds initially incurred a 15% fee, but Lit is now offering refunds without penalty. By 2017, newsletter content no longer featured physical testing, was starkly silent on production, and doesn't show any indication that Lit expects to have the ability to make a deliverable product. In 2018, Lit ceased email newsletters, social media updates, and let the website remain dormant with spam content for months on end. By the end of the year, a reconfigured website was published, though it still included information from several years ago, and no new progress updates.

As of Spring 2020, Lit Motors has yet to update potential buyers on the status of their project.

As of October 2020, Lit Motors did not send any update on production, maybe this project is gone.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I know the guy who founded that company. He comes from wealth and his interests have shifted. It's vaporware

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sagebrush posted:

I know the guy who founded that company. He comes from wealth and his interests have shifted. It's vaporware

original research has no place on wikipedia, sorry

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Doom Mathematic posted:

I just made the URL up for the Russell's Paradox gag, there was never content there.

Oh, you didn't see the joke :(

I made the page and posted content there lmao. i had the markup saved in case i had to republish it but the deletion was so loving fast i never bothered

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

alexandriao posted:

Oh, you didn't see the joke :(

I made the page and posted content there lmao. i had the markup saved in case i had to republish it but the deletion was so loving fast i never bothered

Alright, well, sorry I missed that, good job, I assume :)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

animist posted:

In 1999, DigiScents developed a computer peripheral device called iSmell, which was designed to emit a smell when a user visited a web site or opened an email. The device contained a cartridge with 128 "primary odors", which could be mixed to replicate natural and man-made odors. DigiScents had indexed thousands of common odors, which could be coded, digitized, and embedded into web pages or email.[4] After $20 million in investment, DigiScents was shut down in 2001 when it was unable to obtain the additional funding it required.[5]
I remember reading about this in 1999. I thought there were a lot more than 128 when Popular Mechanics had an article about it, but that was around the same time that they actually published this cover and the corresponding article, so technical accuracy clearly wasn't their top priority

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Doom Mathematic posted:

Alright, well, sorry I missed that, good job, I assume :)

It was a delicate but sophisticated own lmao. I fought with the wiki software to write a long intro paragraph about how this was a list of people not notable enough for Wikipedia and then figured out how to put your name on it :laugh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

I remember reading about this in 1999. I thought there were a lot more than 128 when Popular Mechanics had an article about it, but that was around the same time that they actually published this cover and the corresponding article, so technical accuracy clearly wasn't their top priority

popular mechanics was always kinda chuddy. never liked it. as a kid i had a subscription to popular science instead.

popular mechanics back page ads were all like "cheap bomb shelter kits" while popular science ones were all "attract women with these pheromones" :madmax:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
According to the homestead principle, Nemitz argued that he had the right to claim ownership of any celestial body that he made use of; he claimed he had designated Eros a spacecraft parking facility and wished to charge NASA a parking and storage fee of twenty cents per year for its NEAR Shoemaker spacecraft that is permanently stored there.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
This illusion, known as the moon illusion, is caused by an effect of the brain.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In the original version, the ending song has lyrics about how no real miracles exist in the world; people's months and years pass in a gray monotone, and the best that people can do is to pretend that their dreams are real. The English version replaced this song with another song about how awesome flying is (which is the reprise of "Easy to Fly").

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ColTim posted:

This illusion, known as the moon illusion, is caused by an effect of the brain.

:hmmorks:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

(The book's plot is constructed so as to lead the reader to condone the cold-blooded killing of unarmed prisoners, since otherwise the prisoners in question would have escaped and perpetrated terrible atrocities.)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not worthless, but i get why he changed his name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Kum-sok

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sagebrush posted:

He didn't have to change to Kenneth.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

:smug:

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the md5 wikipedia article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wide-ranging speculation exists about how the pit was formed and what it might contain. According to Joe Nickell, there is no treasure; the pit is a natural phenomenon, probably a sinkhole connected to limestone passages or caverns.[1] Suggestions that the pit is a natural phenomenon (accumulated debris in a sinkhole or geological fault) date to at least 1911.[56][57][58][59] A number of sinkholes and caves, to which the "booby traps" are attributed, exist on the mainland near the island.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what's worthless here? besides md5

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Good prioritization in search.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the gorby pizza hut commercial is one of the greatest pieces of art in human history

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet posted:

the poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

akadajet posted:

it's a npov violation but nothing there is wrong