Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

France has no culinary achievements on par with the classic pastrami waffle, imo :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Uncle Paulie's Pastrami and Waffles, every waffle comes with an entire confetti cake. You get two waffles per sandwich, so that's two whole cakes per sandwich. Dine in only. You're not allowed to leave until you finish eating.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That pastrami waffle looks dope

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

This all seems too high quality and well made.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Greg of Doom posted:

This all seems too high quality and well made.

Lidl had a run of something similar once. I have never eaten more dogshit "hamburgers" than those.

I documented the results in an earlier incarnation of the thread.

Teaser:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i probably mentioned it in a previous version of the thread but i recall going into lidl in UK and discovering "American sausages" jarred in their juices (i have to assume brine) and canned "American burgers"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/heyluchie/status/1501188143273459712

I appreciate that the green bun on the "veggie burger" reduces confusion, but it makes the whole thing look like a dessert.

Having seen many similar horrors whenever lidl Ireland do "American Week", I think there's an international supermarket conspiracy to make US food look completely insane.

edit: I think this is the most German/least American thing in the range:

Pookah has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Mar 9, 2022

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Maybe that's where that rash of food derails across PYF came from.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i probably mentioned it in a previous version of the thread but i recall going into lidl in UK and discovering "American sausages" jarred in their juices (i have to assume brine) and canned "American burgers"

Germans jar their sausages, that's why they're our mortal enemies.

And America's.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"McEnnedy" is some Onson Sweemey poo poo

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's about time to post this again, huh

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I ate the canned burgers once, they were packaged in gravy & tasted & looked exactly like you'd expect

The dogs are fine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pookah posted:

edit: I think this is the most German/least American thing in the range:

I can't speak for that specific brand, but those things do in fact own, it's like eating crunchy peanut butter.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Next time I go to the New York style deli in town I’m getting my Reuben served on two waffles IDGAF

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Next time I go to the New York style deli in town I’m getting my Reuben served on two waffles IDGAF

They better be rye waffles though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't speak for that specific brand, but those things do in fact own, it's like eating crunchy peanut butter.

They look good but they are not AMERICAN in any meaningful way. I've never even seen anything like that before living in 3 corners of this country

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Bloop posted:

They look good but they are not AMERICAN in any meaningful way. I've never even seen anything like that before living in 3 corners of this country
They're peanutty corn poofs. There's nothing more American than corn and peanuts doncha know.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

The Bloop posted:

Never had flips but they seem like a less fancy version of this:

RIP pb crisp

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

They have "Peanut Puffs" at Aldi all the time, but my most reliable source is the German section of Jungle Jim's between bags of Monster Munch (German Ketchup flavored), and direct from Germany Haribo gummis

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sekhmnet posted:

RIP pb crisp

Emotional pain so deep it's physical

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sekhmnet posted:

RIP pb crisp

oh goddamnit, how come I never got to try the PB+J ones...damnit.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The hot dogs in the jar are pre cooked or do you have to cook them when you take them out of the jar? Grilled hotdogs that are slightly crispy are too good for people to miss.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My favourite gross product that lidl puts on for american false flag week is that marshmallow fluff in a tub. What do you even do with that stuff?

Oh and those jars of peanut butter and grape jelly that are atistically swirled in alternating segments.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Theophany posted:

My favourite gross product that lidl puts on for american false flag week is that marshmallow fluff in a tub. What do you even do with that stuff?

Oh and those jars of peanut butter and grape jelly that are atistically swirled in alternating segments.

The fluffernutter sandwich

Spongey white bread
Lots of Peanut Butter
Marshmallow Fluff

It's a sometimes food but drat it's good

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Theophany posted:

Marshmallow fluff is as Murican as it gets. You use it for fluffernutters. Which are gross.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sekhmnet posted:

RIP pb crisp

Remembering that PB Crisps used to exist and now they don't is the best way to ruin my day

:negative:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Theophany posted:

100% on both.

Marshmallow fluff is kinda disgusting, but amazingly delicious. The combo pb&j stuff is also a thing, but sucks rear end to portion out and I'm not aware of people actually buying it beyond the novelty or out of sheer laziness. I mean they obviously do since it still exists as product after 40-ish years.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and people freak out about marshmallow fluff just like they did with the Double Down but fluff has fewer calories than an equivalent amount of jam so this sandwich isn't some instant death wish any more than a regular PBJ is

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A fluff and nutella sandwich will kill you, though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I always wanted to try a Double Down, but I was always too lazy

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Theophany posted:

Fluffernutter sandwiches.

Goober grape/strawberry is chock full of sugar but whatever they put in there to keep it from going bad gives me wicked heartburn.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I always wanted to try a Double Down, but I was always too lazy

I've heard they're just way too thicc/dry.

u should eat Chicken Kyiv instead.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
marshmallow fluff is essential to fudge-making.

that sentence sure looks like a euphemism.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've heard they're just way too thicc/dry.

u should eat Chicken Kyiv instead.

I mean now that I'm old, I think a Double Down would kill me

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TV Zombie posted:

The hot dogs in the jar are pre cooked or do you have to cook them when you take them out of the jar? Grilled hotdogs that are slightly crispy are too good for people to miss.

im not sure where this came from, but i think any food product you buy in a jar is cooked as a rule

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

TV Zombie posted:

Hot dogs in the pack in the US are precooked. The end to end hygiene is a little laxer than packaged lunch meat so the listeria content will be concerning but if you aren't immuno compromised you can just chomp on raw dogs if you're into that.

Jarred food is usually done with boiling liquid so the jar dogs are probably safer for this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

Hot dogs in the pack in the US are precooked. The end to end hygiene is a little laxer than packaged lunch meat so the listeria content will be concerning but if you aren't immuno compromised you can just chomp on raw dogs if you're into that.

Jarred food is usually done with boiling liquid so the jar dogs are probably safer for this.

Wrap a raw hot dog in a slice of cheese, and bread, and you've got a great no effort snack for when you just need some meat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wrap a banana in American cheese and you'll have a tasty snack that Mr. Rogers once showed off

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im not sure where this came from, but i think any food product you buy in a jar is cooked as a rule

From this

gschmidl posted:

Germans jar their sausages, that's why they're our mortal enemies.

And America's.

I think I'm just used to the plastic bag packaging of the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wrap a banana in American cheese and you'll have a tasty snack that Mr. Rogers once showed off

please don't explain to me a great reason why mr rogers should be cancelled.