Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This looks fun as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IOsk2Vlc4o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah okay I'll watch that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I haven't watched yet and I'm already sick of the Sandra Bullock Speed jokes before I even read them

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

movies are back baby

looks like something from 2003, and i mean that as high praise

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

I haven't watched yet and I'm already sick of the Sandra Bullock Speed jokes before I even read them

Don’t be silly, that was a boat, this calls for Steven Seagal Under Siege 2 jokes!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like when a movie is on a train

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Thaddius the Large posted:

Don’t be silly, that was a boat, this calls for Steven Seagal Under Siege 2 jokes!

So do you just see sequels, or...?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

i like when a movie is on a train

Hell, :same:

Also more Bad Bunny in movies is good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I will watch Bullet Train

With luck I will be in Japan in September and on an actual Bullet Train

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Getting real “Smokin’ Aces on a…” vibes from this, and I really didn’t care for that movie.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It looks pleasantly silly.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

edogawa rando posted:

Getting real “Smokin’ Aces on a…” vibes from this, and I really didn’t care for that movie.

Spot fuckin on. I was wondering what this trailer reminded me of. Thank you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lotta macguffin briefcase movies out rn. i saw a trailer for The Outfit which looks different in tone but similar in structure

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I liked Smoking Aces so I'm in.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6184W0bFO4

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_ircqu8HA

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTc5I86to_8

Looks fun, fam

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

That...looks pretty fantastic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

That...looks pretty fantastic.

it definitely does! HBO Max is kind of killing it

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsrZk9yxwk

Big fan of the graphic novel. You can absolutely tell though that between the two upcoming post apocalyptic HBO shows, The Last of Us got most of the budget. Because this....looks ugly.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Am I wrong, or does that not have anything to do with the comics? What I read was about an apathetic photojournalist making his way through divided NYC, cataloging and jotting down what he saw. It was a fun character, the guy was a bit sociopathic himself, or at least removed. This is about a lady trying to find her son? Extremely lamer.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Tim Whatley posted:

Big fan of the graphic novel. You can absolutely tell though that between the two upcoming post apocalyptic HBO shows, The Last of Us got most of the budget. Because this....looks ugly.
That's "CW show" production value there. Doesn't help that the trailer editing is awful, assuming they don't actually do those cringey slow-motion effects on the actual show.

The sets looks pretty nice, though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Station 11 was really ugly too, as is Raised By Wolves when it isnt a big cgi blowout. HBO just doesnt spend the cash on the Max Exclusives

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Am I wrong, or does that not have anything to do with the comics? What I read was about an apathetic photojournalist making his way through divided NYC, cataloging and jotting down what he saw. It was a fun character, the guy was a bit sociopathic himself, or at least removed. This is about a lady trying to find her son? Extremely lamer.

Yeah, they pretty much just took the general premise of the comic but not the actual story.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

scary ghost dog posted:

Station 11 was really ugly too, as is Raised By Wolves when it isnt a big cgi blowout. HBO just doesnt spend the cash on the Max Exclusives

I thought it looked pretty good... with great production design. Definitely not a cinematography stunner but it wasn't ugly by any stretch

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

bows1 posted:

I thought it looked pretty good... with great production design. Definitely not a cinematography stunner but it wasn't ugly by any stretch

Agreed, I’ll watch it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, they pretty much just took the general premise of the comic but not the actual story.

You know that's a good sign.

Love it when creators have the temerity to buy a property and change everything about it. Like how many people are Kubrick. It always turns out to be egostistical actors and insane producers trying to input their amazing ideas.

...giant mechanical spiders.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnlOhdFZSXw

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

looks poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

disney managed to kill star wars in under 5 years, something lucas had been trying to do for 3 decades

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

this is going to be so epic!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I enjoyed the Mandalorian

should I watch Boba Fett

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Syncopated posted:

looks poo poo

Counterpoint: Looks awesome. Definitely better than Boba Fett at least

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

kiimo posted:

I enjoyed the Mandalorian

should I watch Boba Fett

You should watch the last 3 episodes of Boba Fett because two of them are Mando episodes (they are literally Mando eps, I'm using literally in its literal sense.) and the last is Boba episode heavily featuring Mando.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AngryBooch posted:

You should watch the last 3 episodes of Boba Fett because two of them are Mando episodes (they are literally Mando eps, I'm using literally in its literal sense.) and the last is Boba episode heavily featuring Mando.

Yeah, this. If you want to keep watching Mando, do this. If you want to watch Boba Fett, there are worse ways to waste time, but it's basically that, a waste of time with some rare fun moments here and there. Other than the last 3 episodes, 2 of which are episodes of Mando. (Literally.)

It was a very strange show, that I have to now admit they didn't know what the gently caress they were doing with as they went. This isn't always bad, but when you're show stops being your show, and starts being a different show for a little while, that's not really good. It would be like if, in the first season of Frasier, we suddenly went back to Boston and spent 2 episodes with the Cheers crew. And, I mean, I like Cheers. I like those people, too. But I thought we were doing Frasier, now? Where the gently caress is Frasier?

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 9, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this. If you want to keep watching Mando, do this. If you want to watch Boba Fett, there are worse ways to waste time, but it's basically that, a waste of time with some rare fun moments here and there. Other than the last 3 episodes, 2 of which are episodes of Mando. (Literally.)

It was a very strange show, that I have to now admit they didn't know what the gently caress they were doing with as they went. This isn't always bad, but when you're show stops being your show, and starts being a different show for a little while, that's not really good. It would be like if, in the first season of Frasier, we suddenly went back to Boston and spent 2 episodes with the Cheers crew. And, I mean, I like Cheers. I like those people, too. But I thought we were doing Frasier, now? Where the gently caress is Frasier?

The Sand people stuff in the first two episodes (and part of the third) is worth watching in my opinion.

So really only EP4 is worth skipping in it's entirety. And if you've gotten that far what's one more episode?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Zero One posted:

The Sand people stuff in the first two episodes (and part of the third) is worth watching in my opinion.

Hard disagree. There's some alright moments here and there, but it's a really disjointed clunky story that is ultimately meaningless. Unless you want to watch someone play with action figures, there's nothing in BOBF beyond the two Mandolorian episodes that's worth going out of your way for.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
what would disney do without filoni's star wars, hope he gets paid the big bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Book of Boba Fett is great to watch if you're a fan of making fun of stuff because there are just some bewildering choices being made. You also learn that it takes like 20 people to take over/defend a major city on Tattooine.