Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King Vidiot posted:

Sometime before the month is out, I'm picking up Out of the Blue from Severin. Or, published by Severin but I'll probably buy it through Diabolik because I hate Severin's website and their whole... thing... but they release some bangers every now and then.

Out of the Blue is so good.

Severin's site is fine if there's not a sale going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

looking forward to the Out of the Blue disc. watched that movie a couple months ago and loved it. super raw and weird, just like Hopper.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Oh no the Criterion sale is over guess I won't be blowing $100 on blu-rays again for the seventh time in as many months. Oh darn.

Kino March Madness in a few weeks and apparently an Amazon/Warner Archive one early April

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Guess I’ll wait for the Kino one then.

I have a text file on my desktop with what I want next time I buy from Indicator. Which is healthier than just buying it right now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The real difference is that House is just a better movie in every way possible. It's a much better crafted film over all and it has its own very recognizable aesthetic. Malignant is fun but the whole middle section of the movie is just a slog. It's all a bunch of filler in there. House doesn't really have any wasted screen time and despite the wackiness of Malignant there's really not much we haven't seen.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Death by a thousand slipcover cuts.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

CPL593H posted:

The real difference is that House is just a better movie in every way possible. It's a much better crafted film over all and it has its own very recognizable aesthetic. Malignant is fun but the whole middle section of the movie is just a slog. It's all a bunch of filler in there. House doesn't really have any wasted screen time and despite the wackiness of Malignant there's really not much we haven't seen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ScreenSlate/status/1501743563360636930?s=20&t=K9e1pa0nVDP_VM8jUX-JxQ

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:dafuq:

I don't know what I was expecting but I am no longer excited for this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That hurts my brain

What in the world

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

One less movie I need to upgrade 🥳

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
I read the rest of Screen Slate's thread about it and they're theorizing that they didn't want to go back to the original camera files because they're ungraded. Uhhhhhh as someone who shot on the Sony PD-150 for years as a poor student, the color in the OCF is the final color.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6NC0rKLZuU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Yeah but

https://twitter.com/ScreenSlate/status/1501746443895382017?t=OKS7YhyqGKi-DkECANsjtA&s=19

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Roll that beautiful quinoa footage

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the quinoa video. I watch it to relax sometimes.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I say, make the film even more uncanny. :sickos:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I hope they also added motion smoothing

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That's pretty bonkers, but it's Lynch, so yeah sure, why not.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah like honestly that scans

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1502018235587346434?s=21

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Inland Empire seems like the one film I don't need to upgrade from the DVD. Did Lynch approve this?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cacator posted:

Inland Empire seems like the one film I don't need to upgrade from the DVD. Did Lynch approve this?

Anything from Criterion is personally overseen. Apparently, he prefers to do an all nighter at their office and just asks for plenty of snacks while working on color grading.

I think people forget how much of a tech nerd he is since he even designed the menus for his own self-released stuff. Not to mention learned how to use Flash to make Dumbland.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Amazon seems to have specific URLs that tie to prices... I was able to get BestBuy.com to pricematch this Touch of Evil price: https://www.amazon.com/Touch-of-Evil-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B09NDZSBXP?tag=bluray-021-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Also, WalMart.com has it for $34. I love to price match, so this was a great deal!

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

dumbland 4K UHD when

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've not seen Inland Empire so I was about to joke about how I never realized it was shot on MiniDV. Of course spidey senses tingled and made me look it up to find out it was indeed, and actually shot on the same model camera I used to own. So *thats* why the image quality looks so familiar.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Boywhiz88 posted:

Amazon seems to have specific URLs that tie to prices... I was able to get BestBuy.com to pricematch this Touch of Evil price: https://www.amazon.com/Touch-of-Evil-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B09NDZSBXP?tag=bluray-021-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Also, WalMart.com has it for $34. I love to price match, so this was a great deal!

it's $35 straight from Kino Lorber and it's a good excuse to fill your cart with other Kino titles such as the apartment, some like it hot, the stranger, man on the moon...

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Noted! The release price was $42.99 on most retailers, Amazon has had it slingshot back and forth. That being said, Kino is crushing recently. Really excited for what they’ve put out and what’s on the docket.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cloks posted:

it's $35 straight from Kino Lorber and it's a good excuse to fill your cart with other Kino titles such as the apartment, some like it hot, the stranger, man on the moon...

This. I ordered mine from Kino along with the last two British Hitchcocks they have rights to (Number Seventeen and Rich and Strange) to fill out $50 free shipping. Hard to believe we're only eight (out of 52) films away from all of his films having in-print Blu-rays. Only six if you count two UK exclusives.

Worth noting Kino is having a sale later this month and I'd expect some of their recent UHDs to be part of it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brexit the Frog posted:

dumbland 4K UHD when

I still haven't seen dumbland because its not online anywhere and i can't find it physical

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

bowmore posted:

I still haven't seen dumbland because its not online anywhere and i can't find it physical

Well ain’t you a one-armed duckfucker.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

bowmore posted:

It's on Criterion Channel and in HD no less.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Neither my PS3 nor my PS5 can play the last disc in the Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle bluray set. The PS3 acts like nothings there and the PS5 says it is an invalid disc.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gripweed posted:

Neither my PS3 nor my PS5 can play the last disc in the Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle bluray set. The PS3 acts like nothings there and the PS5 says it is an invalid disc.

Sounds like you need to get a PS4 to test that out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I emailed Mill Creek about it. Has anyone had any luck getting replacement discs from them?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Gripweed posted:

I emailed Mill Creek about it. Has anyone had any luck getting replacement discs from them?

Couple years ago Lyle Goff at Mill Creek got my replacement disc for 30 Rock out very quickly, he good people.

EDIT: I should note that I had waited until I knew they had replacement discs ready to go. It obviously takes a bit of time to ramp up production, especially these days.

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 13, 2022

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Managed to snag one of those Phenomena UBD Boxsets. Only ever seen the American edited version so I’m excited to see it in its full directorial recommendation.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah - I had a bad disc in a 12 DVD/50 movie collection (quality is exactly as awful as you imagine, but it was still fun), I emailed them about it, and they had a replacement to me in like two days. They’re pretty swell.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Kino's putting out a Night of the Hunter 4k

instant buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
An individual release of Raiders of the Lost Ark 4k has been added to bluray.com's release calendar for June. I know some people were holding out for that because they didn't want to have to buy the whole series.