Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

would've been funny if all of them were set to gameplay video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol the singer who did that ffviii song is the same one who did the holy poo poo piss song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04S3wowUSo

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

akadajet posted:

overwatch is tf2 but bad

i never played tf2 but i've thought about trying it. i think someone told me tf2 matches tend to be longer, more like 20-30 minutes?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This rocks. What role do you normally play?

i'm pretty balanced, but i've been playing more tank lately for shorter queue times. sigma is especially fun, i like his abilities and i think his voice actor is one of the best in the game. i do like each role in its own way and i also just really like the game itself.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
overwatch is a moba so it sucks and is toxic.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Shaggar posted:

overwatch is a moba so it sucks and is toxic.

i do my part to make it significantly less toxic by typing "good afternoon friends" in the match chat before the match begins, it works pretty well in my experience.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

otoh tf2 is also tf2 but bad

hosed up but true

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sigma balls

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

that is in fact his primary attack

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
sikk sigma

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i liked tf2 back in the heyday and enjoyed overwatch well enough but every update seemed to make the game worse and also gently caress activision-blizzard

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

his fight in X1 was one of the earliest memories of getting mad at video games

him and eyedol from Killer Instinct

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

i liked tf2 back in the heyday and enjoyed overwatch well enough but every update seemed to make the game worse and also gently caress activision-blizzard

more recent updates have made the game much better in my opinion (barrier nerf, role queue). i do think about how lovely activison blizzard is, but i'm also not giving them money by playing, so stopping seems a bit like burning my already-bought sneakers as a way to "get back" at them. i do welcome other thoughts on this, maybe i'm missing something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

more recent updates have made the game much better in my opinion (barrier nerf, role queue). i do think about how lovely activison blizzard is, but i'm also not giving them money by playing, so stopping seems a bit like burning my already-bought sneakers as a way to "get back" at them. i do welcome other thoughts on this, maybe i'm missing something.

i mean i did buy it also, i just didn't want to reinstall battlenet or overwatch again because of actiblizz. no judgement on people for just playing though anyone buying the lootcrates or whatever should feel bad

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

anyone buying the lootcrates or whatever should feel bad

that's about where i am, i don't even open the free ones you get for playing since i like the basic skins more than the fancy ones.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if microsoft had bought blizzard instead of activision there'd probably be a starcraft 3 and overwatch would have been rightfully dumpstered or turned into a mobile game.

i have hope microsoft will turn them around now, but it may be too late cause all the talent left long ago.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
remember when they announced overwatch two and haven't said anything or been clear about what it even is

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

remember when they announced overwatch two and haven't said anything or been clear about what it even is

I think they meant the e-sports scene was over and then sneezed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

they were very clear that it was a cash grab and activision probably decided it wouldnt bring in enough cash

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
apparently they're stilll trying to make it happen?

https://www.polygon.com/22970648/overwatch-2-release-date-alpha-beta-test

c elden ring s: i accidently hit an npc and now theyre mad at me and i dont know where to get the item needed to reset aggro at the church of vows :negative:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i really like slipways and i think it's helpful to imagine it closer to a puzzle game. since trade is only point to point with no transfers, it's frustrating if you're expecting it to work like a 4X game where resources build collectively. there's also a "quirks mode" and different map types to unlock.

definitely, i like the "prepare carefully" mod to have a little extra starting resources, i usually do 150% of the usual resources and a lot more packaged survival meals to take some of the early pressure off. i also like the hospitality mods that let you run a little hotel and shop for visitors.

i can recommend openttd if you like the idea of delivering iron ore to steel mills, then steel to factories, then finished goods to cities, then building passenger services in those cities and watching them grow.

oh my god this is my jam

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Armitag3 posted:

I think they meant the e-sports scene was over and then sneezed

oh my god :tizzy:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i do my part to make it significantly less toxic by typing "good afternoon friends" in the match chat before the match begins, it works pretty well in my experience.

I do this too, and the majority of my games are pretty pleasant although I do get my occasional rear end in a top hat. The other trick is to suggest things or say in a way where you're not giving an order to your teammates.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

oh my god this is my jam

:hfive:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I do this too, and the majority of my games are pretty pleasant although I do get my occasional rear end in a top hat. The other trick is to suggest things or say in a way where you're not giving an order to your teammates.

definitely! i also try to give actionable advice instead of saying "omg switch" (to who? and why?) or "play better"

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

i never played tf2 but i've thought about trying it. i think someone told me tf2 matches tend to be longer, more like 20-30 minutes?

if you're finding a team and playing a competitive 6v6 or highlander ladder then yeah sure, if you're just joining the pub matchmaking queue then not really. also you can just gently caress off whenever when you're pubbing, there's no obligation to stick out the whole match to avoid letting five people down.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

the guardians of the galaxy game is up on game pass

I will try it and pass judgment here

an enjoyable but aggressively bland adventure-shooter

everything avengers should have been

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jabor posted:

if you're finding a team and playing a competitive 6v6 or highlander ladder then yeah sure, if you're just joining the pub matchmaking queue then not really. also you can just gently caress off whenever when you're pubbing, there's no obligation to stick out the whole match to avoid letting five people down.

leaving early is kind of bad manners in overwatch, you're saying that's less true in tf2?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Zam Wesell posted:

any recommendations for a really chill city builder/maybe survival game on steam? must run on my sick M1

frostpunk

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

cities skylines is excellent and there’s an insane amount of great QoL mods out there. if youre new to it you should really just grow and gently caress up your first city on vanilla, then you’ll be in a good place to see the value of moveit and trafficmanager and such

from the screenshots it feels like you can only build north american suburban cities unless you go hard on the mods, is that true

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

cowboy beepboop posted:

from the screenshots it feels like you can only build north american suburban cities unless you go hard on the mods, is that true

Can't be, you can make curved roads

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

server browsers or matchmaking, what one is preferable?

I like browsers but I can see the value in matchmaking because you don’t have to hop 100 dead severs to find a game.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
i prefer browser because you can find a server to be a regular on etc etc. I joined a soldier of fortune 2 clan just from hanging in their server so much and I was pretty good. but I’ll take matchmaking for the few times I play multi a year because I don’t want to browse servers lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
matchmaking sucks

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
server browsing rules because if you sort by ping you might wind up playing with people you know irl and that's really cool and fun

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The triangle strategy game is very good, although the battles are kind of sparse in the beginning. I looked at a review and it looks like it picks up towards the mid to late game.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

God drat I love TBS games.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hey in elden ring how do you not die

everyone except the lamest of the lame are too hard. i either need to level up or just get better

how do i level up

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

hey in elden ring how do you not die

everyone except the lamest of the lame are too hard. i either need to level up or just get better

how do i level up

repetition

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

echinopsis posted:

how do i level up

Find more bonfires, ye maidenless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the “runes” you get from killing enemies is both your xp and the game’s currency, so you have to balance levelling up and buying stuff. you level up at the sites of grace when you rest.