Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Well Dana, I think it's tomorrow! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1483855691227885573

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well Dana, I think it's tomorrow! :colbert:

Posting since it looks like it didn't get linked but we have a date for season 2b:

https://twitter.com/DinseyTVA/status/1482218023045910529

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Such a lazy joke, but it got me twice this year so far.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

jebaited

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

They couldn't even be bothered to use the updated intro, that's just sloppy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/StreamilyLive/status/1486735365578842113

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

March 19th!

https://twitter.com/OverlyAnimated/status/1491951443850453018

Has been confirmed as real by both Dana and Matt.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hoot yeah!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/danaterrace/status/1492730607343861763

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Eda's grudgby jacket? Wonder what that's about.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Owl House is now a sports anime.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Synopsis released for the announced episodes.

quote:

“Follies at the Coven Day Parade” In the aftermath of her trip home, Luz takes on daring rescue missions during the Coven Day parade.

“Elsewhere and Elsewhen” Luz is desperate for more information about Philip Wittebane, the creator of the portal door. With Lilith’s help, she sets off on a journey for the ages.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cattail Prophet posted:

Eda's grudgby jacket? Wonder what that's about.

It's like when Gohan starts wearing Piccolo's clothes.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1500914620449447938?t=ibE26zzGSxbhpi-ouWT-Pw&s=19

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Thank you for sharing! gently caress Disney, I thought they were starting to move past this kind of bullshit.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Disney's corporate "culture" is very firmly conservative and they have very little interest in changing that. They change policies for the theme parks and whatnot when it will financially benefit them. If coincidentally something can be read as being pro gay community that's fine, they're just hoping that no one looks up all of the lawsuits they fought about kicking people out for dancing together. People get confused because of the content of the media they produce but as far as Disney corporate is concerned they mentally divorce themselves from the meaning of the content and consider it a "successful product" if they can make money off it. I worked tech support for them a while back and a week of our training was all about the corporate culture and what's expected. They are downright puritanical internally and will fire a women for wearing a skirt that sits above her knee, or literally anyone for saying a single cuss word. I'm actually surprised they've let Owl House air as long as they have but I'm also not surprised at all that they're killing it early and doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to promote the show. They'll only ever "care" when it means making more money than not caring.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

You know, i was expecting Dana to to full Alex Hirsch and start tearing into Disney the moment she wasn't getting a paycheck from them anymore (for understandable professionalism/"I'd like to not have the pull plugged on my show or get blacklisted") reasons.

Is she not even going to wait that long?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

What does the bill actually do, anyway? This is the first I'm hearing about it.

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know, i was expecting Dana to to full Alex Hirsch and start tearing into Disney the moment she wasn't getting a paycheck from them anymore (for understandable professionalism/"I'd like to not have the pull plugged on my show or get blacklisted") reasons.

Is she not even going to wait that long?

tbf the plug's already pulled, and with how long the animation pipeline is, a lot of the writing and planning for the specials is probably finished already. She might not have all that much left to do other than sign off on other people's work.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Cattail Prophet posted:

What does the bill actually do, anyway? This is the first I'm hearing about it.

It means that anyone related to schooling can't say anything about gender and sexual identity between kindergarten and third grade.

BeckySucrose
Mar 1, 2022

That's what it does? My understanding is that the bill forbids lesson plans focused on gender or sexual identity, not that it prevents faculty from discussing these subjects with students individually. I'm not a lawyer or scholar, though, so my reading of the bill has no more weight than that of any random person.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Oh it's even worse than that. This bill make it so that if a teacher finds out that a kid is LGBTQ+, they are to report it to their parents. You can imagine what this can mean for kids with less than understanding families.

(I believe it does also forbid the mention of such topics in school, which is why it's called DontSayGay, but this is what Dana was referring to when she was talkimg about putting kids in danger)

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 9, 2022

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh it's even worse than that. This bill make it so that if a teacher finds out that a kid is LGBTQ+, they are to report it to their parents. You can imagine what this can mean for kids with less than understanding families.

Oh hey, this part I actually had heard about before. Didn't realize it was the same bill.

gently caress.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Tristesse posted:

Disney's corporate "culture" is very firmly conservative and they have very little interest in changing that. They change policies for the theme parks and whatnot when it will financially benefit them. If coincidentally something can be read as being pro gay community that's fine, they're just hoping that no one looks up all of the lawsuits they fought about kicking people out for dancing together. People get confused because of the content of the media they produce but as far as Disney corporate is concerned they mentally divorce themselves from the meaning of the content and consider it a "successful product" if they can make money off it. I worked tech support for them a while back and a week of our training was all about the corporate culture and what's expected. They are downright puritanical internally and will fire a women for wearing a skirt that sits above her knee, or literally anyone for saying a single cuss word. I'm actually surprised they've let Owl House air as long as they have but I'm also not surprised at all that they're killing it early and doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to promote the show. They'll only ever "care" when it means making more money than not caring.

Thanks a bunch for this. It's really emblematic of the sort of people we are dealing with here. ended up quoting it in the animation thread because it felt relevant. I hope it's okay.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Yeah, it's fine with me.

I haven't worked for them in over 10 years and I'm still hard coded into "Disney speak" at work that I cannot even say words like rear end. At Disney, if you're tech support and want to commiserate with your client you have to say "Oh no, that sure sounds like a pain in the behind!" instead of "wow that's a pain in the rear end." You are heavily discouraged from saying things like "god no" ("heavens no would be OK) because of the blasphemy. I got brainwashed bigtime.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Tristesse posted:

Yeah, it's fine with me.

I haven't worked for them in over 10 years and I'm still hard coded into "Disney speak" at work that I cannot even say words like rear end. At Disney, if you're tech support and want to commiserate with your client you have to say "Oh no, that sure sounds like a pain in the behind!" instead of "wow that's a pain in the rear end." You are heavily discouraged from saying things like "god no" ("heavens no would be OK) because of the blasphemy. I got brainwashed bigtime.

Can you swear by dead/mythological deities or use fictional curse words? "By the Hammer of the Thor what the frak do you think you're doing?"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1502077441392607232

SEEK THE KEY, FEAR THE

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

SEEK THE KEY, FEAR THE

I feel like "door" must be the end there, right?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

actually it's "SE NUTS"

Bony-Eared Assfish
Oct 4, 2018

sliami posted:

actually it's "SE NUTS"
Okay, who let the Golden Guard in the writer's room again?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where is everyone seeing the secret message?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Where is everyone seeing the secret message?

I think it's taking the first letter of every episode title.

Edit: that's called an acrostic, just remembered.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SpiderLink posted:

I think it's taking the first letter of every episode title.

Edit: that's called an acrostic, just remembered.

Ohhhh, I thought people were deciphering some code just from the 5 titles in the tweet.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ohhhh, I thought people were deciphering some code just from the 5 titles in the tweet.

well, I mean, they kind of are, it's just super easy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Zgr6NJL5g

(spoilers, ofc)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh cool next week!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Stuff from today's livestream:

https://twitter.com/danaterrace/status/1503143624887865348

Spoilers:

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1503148530768101376

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1503173511765905408

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tell me about the balusters.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

Everyone posted:

Can you swear by dead/mythological deities or use fictional curse words? "By the Hammer of the Thor what the frak do you think you're doing?"

That depends. If you go too far and the extra evangelical manager was on duty you would absolutely get a talkin to for possible blasphemy. That lady was loving nuts.

Anyways, super excited for the season to start back up again! I need more Eda and King in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Tell me about the balusters.

Seriously, shoot my veins completely full of Lilith being a super-nerd even to the point of wearing her glasses again.