Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cavs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1503529745136422914

news, i guess?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yeah, it's news.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

I still don't like it and think it's dumb and also:

Timberwolves are going to be in the 7th place by a mile and I still think its cool and good

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the_american_dream posted:

These hit a little different with Winning Time running. Idk why

i think we’ve all accepted that magic is now an elder statesman cum kindly grandpa basketball figure but the truth is a lil more complicated

i haven’t seen winning time but i imagine it goes into what a dirty dog magic was in the 80s

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I have only seen commercials which can be misleading but it seemed to be going into a more inspirational route.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Original_Turner/status/1503571640751378439?t=znTPZdTTGOT-WjI209dMoQ&s=19

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I count 27 current NBA players who had a father who also played in the NBA. This isn't relevant to anything, but I have no one else to mention this to.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He hasn't played in two months with the stress reaction in his foot so lots of time for this kind of thing. Looks good though, can't even tell it's Legos

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1503729778158981124?t=WY866NYcJtFpj-6W0kl-wA&s=19

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

dokmo posted:

I count 27 current NBA players who had a father who also played in the NBA. This isn't relevant to anything, but I have no one else to mention this to.
I'm actually intrigued as to how this will develop through the rest of the century

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I don't think one smokestack is supposed to be leaning the opposite direction like that

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

That was sick

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

dokmo posted:

I count 27 current NBA players who had a father who also played in the NBA.

The median son of a NBA player is Seth Curry. That's a pretty good group of players.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dokmo posted:

The median son of a NBA player is Seth Curry. That's a pretty good group of players.

Have you ever plotted out what proportion of NBA sons are better than their dads throughout history?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/1503752820956319758?s=20&t=gc_fZlHD3LQuY0o2KvnhPQ

https://twitter.com/Burner4Rico/status/1503751567534694413?s=20&t=gc_fZlHD3LQuY0o2KvnhPQ

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

morestuff posted:

I don't think one smokestack is supposed to be leaning the opposite direction like that

Yeah I was going to say the same but gently caress it, he looks happy, and the thing is going to sink regardless.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Isn’t StatMuse basically troll or low hanging fruit mocking level tweets now under the guise of stats and pretty pictures

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Isn’t StatMuse basically troll or low hanging fruit mocking level tweets now under the guise of stats and pretty pictures

They started a feud with Philly fans and it metastasized to involve pretty much everyone on the internet.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have you ever plotted out what proportion of NBA sons are better than their dads throughout history?

I give sons the slight edge.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I imagine it's harder to not start a feud with Philly fans than it is to start one

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Dell Curry was definitely better than Seth, what the hell was I thinking.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the curry tier list is dell > seth > eddy > steph

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

dokmo posted:

I give sons the slight edge.

It early days but based on stats alone I'd say Gary Trent Jr is probably even with his father at this point.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghost Dog posted:

mutton goes after dell but before seth

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Does dell love Seth more than doc loves Austin?

Rhetorical question. Of course he does

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

dokmo posted:

How many wins does team 2nd Gen get?

PG: Steph Curry, Darius Garland, Cole Anthony
Wings: Devin Booker, Gary Trent, Andrew Wiggins, Jerami Grant, Seth Curry
Bigs: Sabonis, Klay, Jaren Jackson, Al Horford, Kevin Love

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dokmo had an opportunity to slide Delonte West into that list and didn't take it.

pseudodragon posted:

That's a 60+ win team if they can scrape up some defense.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

pseudodragon posted:

bigs: klay thompson 🤔

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Ammanas posted:

bigs: klay thompson 🤔

Whoops. Probably messed some other guys/missed some guys too as I was just popping in names as I thought of them.although in this case, I think I was just thinking of the old Warriors and was thinking of Love.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

Sorry, Tim > the rest

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

It is interesting that he met with several teams but now is going this route. I am assuming this is a way around it being past the deadline to sign players but also I guess he didn't blow any socks off enough for teams to sign him before that deadline? Or maybe he was still meeting with teams?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sons have the advantage of being rich and getting access to elite training I guess.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Very sad to see me liege turning into a goon and not the good kind of goon

https://streamable.com/3c33s1
https://streamable.com/lt8zt1

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sons have the advantage of being rich and getting access to elite training I guess.

Yeah its a bummer for the impoverished 6’8 kids. Hope you enjoy college because that’s all you’re getting

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Very sad to see me liege turning into a goon and not the good kind of goon

https://streamable.com/3c33s1
https://streamable.com/lt8zt1

Throwing the ball off someone's head to save a possession is perfectly fine. :colbert: Lebron should have given him a butt slap or something but that's just smart play.

The elbow was kinda bad though.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Lockback posted:

Throwing the ball off someone's head to save a possession is perfectly fine. :colbert: Lebron should have given him a butt slap or something but that's just smart play.

he hurled that ball with anger. lebron aint ok

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

He's been throwing that all year. It's his James Toney heavyweight phase. It's his Evander Holyfield phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Bones Hyland going off while he had that crowd in Philly was awesome.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1503748970031558656