Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Excelzior posted:

first BG as Faelin, hero power gave me a complete Kalecgos build

Buddy then fed me a bunch of Battlecry cards

1st place finish

I've had a couple games now with no success. Skipping the first turn is so awkward. When are you upgrading to T2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

every mtg player saw the word dredge and had a momentary panic attack

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Blademaster Okani is pretty loving nuts.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Its like a more interesting Lothab. I love it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Elysium posted:

I've had a couple games now with no success. Skipping the first turn is so awkward. When are you upgrading to T2?

I lucked out and survived being greedy with a double upgrade to T3 on turn 5 despite the HP downside

I think the hero is poo poo tbh, either you nutroll or you are SOL

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Its like a more interesting Lothab. I love it.

It'll especially be kinda nuts against late-game big spell priest.

"Go ahead, cast that fuckin' Yogg. Or drop that Box! Or waste a turn killing my 2/6 so you can do that next turn."

It's actually *better* than Loatheb because even if they guess right, they then *have* to kill it before they play any of the other kind of card. I've a feeling it won't stay the way it is for long - it'll probably change to "Secretly choose to Counter the next minion or spell your opponent plays on their next turn."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 18, 2022

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Patch Notes posted:

Added the ability to play cards directly from your “mini-hand” on mobile, instead of first needing to tap to enlarge your hand.

I wonder if this will make it easier to play apm and otk decks on mobile? Playing on mobile definitely feels like a disadvantage sometimes not even including the whole absence of deck trackers there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh legendary quest chain makes you play Mercenaries

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 17, 2022

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

Yeah.

Also, they changed the tavern brawl after one day.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah.

Making that brawl wild was a mistake, yeah

EDIT:

Oh thank gently caress librams are gone

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 17, 2022

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

GTO posted:

I wonder if this will make it easier to play apm and otk decks on mobile? Playing on mobile definitely feels like a disadvantage sometimes not even including the whole absence of deck trackers there.

The bigger issue is the framerate pacing (not sure the exact term). Let me explain: on mobile it's generally locked at 30 FPS but while you're dragging around cards/touching a 'hot zone' the framerate becomes 60 FPS, presumably to avoid touch responsivity issues.

To observe this effect in action, for example, play Battlegrounds and swish and hold your finger around the hero portrait as the game is moving to the combat phase. If you're in the right spot, everything will be 60 FPS while your finger is on the screen. The moment you let go, it returns to 30 FPS.

Now while it is possible to unlock the framerate on Android with a line in the config file, it's not advisable because of overheating issues due to how unoptimized Unity is with mobile devices. With an unlocked framerate my phone (a Sony Xperia 5) gets noticeably hot even with the brightness turned way down, eventually resulting in the processor throttling and the game dipping to barely playable levels. Maybe this is less of an issue on phones with better heat dissipation, but you can't unlock on iPhones for obvious reasons.

RatHat posted:

I feel like I'm one of two people on this entire forum that likes Mercs.

(ignore the all-but-2-mercs-maxed collection looming behind me)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I play Mercenaries on and off a bit too, it's okay.

Doing 3 bounties for the chain is pretty quick and is probably going to take less time than doing 1 battleground.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I played it a lot on release and burned myself out since it's 90% grinding, and the pay model is awful

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
If you don't draw good, that Onyxia Risen fight in the singleplayer fight is a nightmare. She pulls random piles of dragons and half your deck is completely useless lmao

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I also stopped caring about those singleplayer stories too, I forget how far i am behind now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

RatHat posted:

I really wish there was a checkbox that made playing the other modes optional if you, you know, DON'T WANT TO.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I also stopped caring about those singleplayer stories too, I forget how far i am behind now.

It's not a big deal. I finished the last one and it didn't award an extra golden pack for finishing all of them like Book of Heroes did. Seems barely worth bothering.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't mind those, they're kinda fun and reward a pack.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Amoeba102 posted:

they are not great, but sometimes I want something truly mindless after work tbh. sometimes there are fun gimmick fights, sometimes there are not.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah I used to like doing them, then they got tedious, and then i just completely forgot them when they released more. I've just disengaged more with the game over time.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Amoeba102 posted:

DH was far too consistent. I had something like a 76% win rate - as long as you mulliganed for at least one of Skull, that card that draws 3 costs only 3 mana if you drew it that turn, or Acrobatics in your opening hand, it was generally too easy to fish for your Blur or Relentless Pursuit then play almost your entire deck and win on turn 1, even going second. You only lost to a druid going first (and even then they don't have quite the consistency, they can easily get a hand with no draw/armor gain and just die), a paladin who threw down the heal 8 8/8 DS taunt, or a mage who got Arcane Artificer/Molten Reflection/draw spells in their opening hand.

It was fun while it lasted though!

Also, in Battlegrounds, they removed Murloc Tidehunter. So that got rid of one of the tokens. I believe that now if pirates/elementals/beasts are banned that means there are no economy units in that game now, yes?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hmm yes, 15 minutes in the Duels queue. This legendary quest is doing well.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Well, a new Finley all but confirms we're getting a new Reno as indicated by that tweet. Probably a new Elise, too, but if the set was going to have highlander cards I would've thought they'd put one in the initial reveal. Maybe they'll have deckbuilding requirements like Kazakusan instead.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Kalko posted:

Well, a new Finley all but confirms we're getting a new Reno as indicated by that tweet. Probably a new Elise, too, but if the set was going to have highlander cards I would've thought they'd put one in the initial reveal. Maybe they'll have deckbuilding requirements like Kazakusan instead.

Not to mention the expansion reveal video having a moment where they lingered on the new Finley long enough that they could have shown a card, but didn't. That just screams "chose to not reveal this now at the last minute", and the core set is the most logical reason they wouldn't.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they have different but thematically similar requirements. You know, like the new versions of the Old Gods, or all the versions of Kazakus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow finding someone to play in ranked duels takes forever. I guess that says how popular that mode is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, I just retired my "hold out for free packs when the season ends run" and finished it up in casual. Then started another ranked afterwards with my free passes.
It was maybe an hour of it in the queue on a second screen while I did something else. I don't think anyone is playing at 0-2 or something.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Navaash posted:

Also, in Battlegrounds, they removed Murloc Tidehunter. So that got rid of one of the tokens. I believe that now if pirates/elementals/beasts are banned that means there are no economy units in that game now, yes?

There’s the new “add two murlocs to your hand when sold” units that they added

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

Wow finding someone to play in ranked duels takes forever. I guess that says how popular that mode is.

nah it's a bug of some kind I've been playing duels the past weeks it's never been nearly this bad

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also reminder that today ,Friday the 18th is the start of Master's tour Alterac

it *should* award 2 packs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuInH7OL6M

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 18, 2022

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I encountered a modern N’Zoth Priest, and the very existence of it made me glad of a ramp Druid meta. It’s like cheering for Stalin because at least it’s not Chairman Mao.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Fun thing about Colossal is that their trigger is summoned, not played like Battlecries. So if you can cheat a Colossal minion out you also get the additional parts, that's neat.

Big Shaman will rise again!

Also, Dredge looks to be a genuinely really powerful keyword. It's pretty much an improvement to 'draw a card' in almost every case.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Olpainless posted:

Big Shaman will rise again!

Also, Dredge looks to be a genuinely really powerful keyword. It's pretty much an improvement to 'draw a card' in almost every case.

I’d say ‘Look at 3 put 1 on top’ is significantly worse than drawing a card in that it…. doesn’t draw you any cards. Card selection is nice but card advantage is king

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

It improves the consistency of your draws, but with only 30 cards to a deck it's weaker than just drawing a card.

Edit: Speaking of card draw:

It's technically a neutral Secret Passage, looks quite strong.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It improves the consistency of your draws, but with only 30 cards to a deck it's weaker than just drawing a card.

More a neutral plot twist without triggering card draw effects. Youre down a card after playing this out. Feels more Safety inspector than secret passage

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I feel like Dredge has value in the knowledge it gives you about the bottom of your deck, even if its inferior to straight up drawing or discovering a card

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

ferroque posted:

every mtg player saw the word dredge and had a momentary panic attack

guilty here lmao

needed 69 packs (nice) of my 148 instock to open all the new Mercs. This mode needs to implode.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Thinking more on it, Dredge seems kinda bad as a standalone card selection mechanic, as the 2nd dredge will presumably include the 2 cards you passed on already. Might be as bold as to say you'll only want it to enable the 'put an insane card on the bottom of your deck' cards. Makes me wonder how many Shuffle effects that see play are around as they might benefit from all this.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

The monocle snorkel (monorkel?) is a nice touch :monocle:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blasmeister posted:

Thinking more on it, Dredge seems kinda bad as a standalone card selection mechanic, as the 2nd dredge will presumably include the 2 cards you passed on already. Might be as bold as to say you'll only want it to enable the 'put an insane card on the bottom of your deck' cards. Makes me wonder how many Shuffle effects that see play are around as they might benefit from all this.

Yeah, I feel like it was designed to smooth out the rng of 'shuffle thuis into your deck' effects. Though it really should have a 'shuffle your deck' clause between the discover and putting the chosen card on top of your deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
The end is near? This was a leak