Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So what’s the delay for this show (and Amphibia) appearing on Disney+ like? I imagine I’m going to need to bootleg it so that I can watch it within 24 hours of broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

IUG posted:

So what’s the delay for this show (and Amphibia) appearing on Disney+ like? I imagine I’m going to need to bootleg it so that I can watch it within 24 hours of broadcast.

They usually appear after the season airs on TV.

If you don't watch TV you can also buy the season on YT or iTunes and directly support the shows.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Technowolf posted:

If you don't watch TV you can also buy the season on YT or iTunes and directly support the shows.

And Disney, so the morality of that is suspect tbh.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Technowolf posted:

You do realise a lot of people literally can't watch it on TV, right?

jassa fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 16, 2022

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rest of S2 announced:
https://twitter.com/DisneyChannel/status/1503793167782584324

SEEK THE KEY, FEAR THE LOCK

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Open Source Idiom posted:

And Disney, so the morality of that is suspect tbh.

Speaking of that
https://twitter.com/WilliamBibbiani/status/1503788103714021376?t=1Mb0iwCP4IqumllB7O2AKg&s=19
https://twitter.com/DisneyWalkout/status/1503476096431366145

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Rest of S2 announced:
https://twitter.com/DisneyChannel/status/1503793167782584324

SEEK THE KEY, FEAR THE LOCK

Do we know yet exactly how short the last season after this is going to be (and out of curiosity, how long was the show planned to be before Disney shitcanned it)?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Do we know yet exactly how short the last season after this is going to be (and out of curiosity, how long was the show planned to be before Disney shitcanned it)?

The very last thing I heard was that the third/final season would take the form of 2-3 movie (maybe 90 minutes) or specials, but that's been a while back.

Meanwhile, oh Thank Frog, that 9 AM is Eastern time, so it airs 8 AM in Central. So I can watch the shows live.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 18, 2022

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Everyone posted:

The very last thing I heard was that the third/final season would take the form of 2-3 movie (maybe 90 minutes) or specials, but that's been a while back.

Per Dana, it'll be 3 44-minute specials (so the equivalent of 6 normal episodes)

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Technowolf posted:

Per Dana, it'll be 3 44-minute specials (so the equivalent of 6 normal episodes)

And I am saddened again by the truncatedness of it all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Do we have any idea how much longer of a wait we’re going to have for that after the rest of S2 drops or is it too early to tell?

Also while it sucks the show got canned before its time because Disney execs are a bunch of petty babies, hopefully they’ll still be able to churn out a decent enough sendoff for it

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 18, 2022

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/blahblahbeep_/status/1503822022949814274?t=5UA_LYMAGw5S0CqrD2C20Q&s=09

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

...and what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last, slouches toward The Owl House to be born?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hug six billion owls, hoot hoot?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I WILL FOOL THE COVEN

I WILL KNOW THEIR GREATEST FEAR

I WILL KNOW YOUR GREATEST FEAR

WAKE UP LUZ

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/disneybrandtvpr/status/1504871286786310148?s=21

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
And... Luz's tendency toward less-than-realistic plans continue unabated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like Kiki's Elden Ring-rear end dragon.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
They're giving a lot of the girl-love feels here and I love it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like Willow & Gus's reaction to Belos' face being a gasp before everyone realizes he's kind of a normal guy. Kind of a mirror to what the reaction I'm sure a lot of the audience had when he wasn't instantly recognizable.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Amity speaking Spanish was too adorable for words :kimchi:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Solaris Knight posted:

Amity speaking Spanish was too adorable for words :kimchi:

That's how you know it's truly love. Meanwhile, King and Hooty as Belozilla were pretty fun as well.

I can't help but think that Belos ultimately wants something from or with Luz. Otherwise why would the plant coven head let Luz and Amity go.

Also, what's the deal about Power Rangers Mystic Force? Your avatar did tell us to ask you...

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Everyone posted:

That's how you know it's truly love. Meanwhile, King and Hooty as Belozilla were pretty fun as well.

I can't help but think that Belos ultimately wants something from or with Luz. Otherwise why would the plant coven head let Luz and Amity go.

Also, what's the deal about Power Rangers Mystic Force? Your avatar did tell us to ask you...

It’s mid as hell but I love it anyway. As for Belos I think because Luz human, she might be able to triangulate a portal to Earth, or she knows how to work the one Belos has, since it’s clear that’s what his “Utopia” is, a place free of all magic, wild or otherwise.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Solaris Knight posted:

It’s mid as hell but I love it anyway. As for Belos I think because Luz human, she might be able to triangulate a portal to Earth, or she knows how to work the one Belos has, since it’s clear that’s what his “Utopia” is, a place free of all magic, wild or otherwise.

It's going to be funny as hell if the best way to "defeat" the villain is to just give him what he wants.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Everyone posted:

It's going to be funny as hell if the best way to "defeat" the villain is to just give him what he wants.

He probably does still want to be the Emperor of something. Do we just give him Bir Tawil?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

DarklyDreaming posted:

He probably does still want to be the Emperor of something. Do we just give him Bir Tawil?

I was going to suggest Luxembourg, but that might work better. Maybe an abandoned oil platform in international waters?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I need to rewatch the episode, but it was weird how Belos said he was looking forward to meeting Luz, as if he hadn't already done so. Is this a 'newer' Belos than the one from S1?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

jassa posted:

I need to rewatch the episode, but it was weird how Belos said he was looking forward to meeting Luz, as if he hadn't already done so. Is this a 'newer' Belos than the one from S1?

Best guess it was either awkward dialogue or Belos doesn't want the Plant Witch to know that he'd previous met (and been sort of defeated by) Luz earlier.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Everyone posted:

Best guess it was either awkward dialogue or Belos doesn't want the Plant Witch to know that he'd previous met (and been sort of defeated by) Luz earlier.

It felt way too deliberate to just be awkward dialogue. IIRC Luz and Eda even lampshaded it during the final scene.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

jassa posted:

It felt way too deliberate to just be awkward dialogue. IIRC Luz and Eda even lampshaded it during the final scene.

It was Amity but you're right they did deliberately point out how strange the word choice was

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hooty continues to be endearing in terrifying ways

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm glad they didn't try to drag out Luz keeping the events of Yesterday's Lie to herself.

It was also nice to get glimpses of Gus attempting to give human dating advice and Amity and Willow reconnecting.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How do I watch the new episodes?
Not on D+, not on Prime, has it just not been posted?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sockser posted:

How do I watch the new episodes?
Not on D+, not on Prime, has it just not been posted?

https://disneynow.com/shows/the-owl-house/ and I had to use Edge instead of Firefox to make it 1080p

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Doesn't work outside the US though. Disney are poo poo when it comes to distribution, it's like they don't WANT overseas ratings at all. Even old shows like Tangled are only on our DisneyPlus up to the season 1 finale, which is nothing. Amphibia stops at Anne-Terminator. The closest we have to all then episodes is Owl House, which stops at Yesterday's Lie. I'm in the UK, so it's either bother to pay for a VPN or seek it out elswhere, and I can't afford a VPN.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

Doesn't work outside the US though. Disney are poo poo when it comes to distribution, it's like they don't WANT overseas ratings at all. Even old shows like Tangled are only on our DisneyPlus up to the season 1 finale, which is nothing. Amphibia stops at Anne-Terminator. The closest we have to all then episodes is Owl House, which stops at Yesterday's Lie. I'm in the UK, so it's either bother to pay for a VPN or seek it out elswhere, and I can't afford a VPN.

Sounds like its time to wave the black flag, matey.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Technowolf posted:

Sounds like its time to wave the black flag, matey.

What did you think I meant by Elsewhere :v:

I do always love the old trope in the latest episode where a hero extends an olive branch to a villain, the villain tries to get one over on the hero to get back into the other villain's good graces only to find out they're BARELY breaking even and are now in a much more precarious position than they thought they were. Kikkimura is probably KICKING herself after how badly her "promotion" has screwed her over.

It's always a satisfying turnabout, even if it's in kind of a mean "Yeah, now the world is just rubbing your nose in it." kind of way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BioEnchanted posted:

What did you think I meant by Elsewhere :v:

I do always love the old trope in the latest episode where a hero extends an olive branch to a villain, the villain tries to get one over on the hero to get back into the other villain's good graces only to find out they're BARELY breaking even and are now in a much more precarious position than they thought they were. Kikkimura is probably KICKING herself after how badly her "promotion" has screwed her over.

It's always a satisfying turnabout, even if it's in kind of a mean "Yeah, now the world is just rubbing your nose in it." kind of way.

Ehhh, the alternative is not much better. I think she made the right call.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

cant cook creole bream posted:

Ehhh, the alternative is not much better. I think she made the right call.

Oh, she absolutely did. Figure Kikimora was on the ragged edge with Belos after almost killing Golden Guard. Belos has Important Plans for Golden Guard and KiKimora almost wrecked them. So, this was a test of a couple of people. First, would Luz keep her word and even help someone who was her enemy. Yes, she would, which opens avenues for Belos to deal (perhaps literally) with Luz. Second, is Kikimora still the craven, nasty little backstabber who will put the Emperor first out of "loyalty"/self-preservation? And yes, she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I dunno, Lilith appears to have found her best life as a semi-alcoholic aunt who lives with her parents after leaving the coven.