Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Treecko posted:

I know I'm sorry. I only have the vaugest memory of it. It was fun that's all.

Tower of the ancients?

https://youtu.be/I_be_Sz9WLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Treecko posted:

I know I'm sorry. I only have the vaugest memory of it. It was fun that's all.

are you mainly going off the brick color not matching what you remember? because they did change color depending on the stage, and there were also various versions of the game with different qualities of graphics

also different faces on every level, so some of them may be more familiar than others

just throwing these variations up here in case they spark a memory for you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God that teal and purple color scheme in that first picture takes me back

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I’m looking for the ending of this conservative Christmas movie. All I remember is a kid is on stage and there is a cut to a flashback, or maybe some footage of this guys last report, about some soldier in a cheap looking bunker talking about freedom and why he’s fighting. Then he gets blown up. The crowd cries and gives a slow clap.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

That's the one, thank you! I guess I just remembered the demon face and colors and forgot about the Jesus fish and other symbols.

Honestly you have no idea how much you helped, I couldn't find anything on my own!

Came out in 2000, a bit later than I thought! That's probably why I couldn't track it down. My memory for dates is horrible.

E: I know the blue symbol is the star of David I felt bad for typing it like that. I think that's why I thought Babel had something to do with the name, I knew there was some religious element, just couldn't remember it exactly.

Treecko fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 16, 2022

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ages ago in one of the last CAD mock threads in GBS, the first or one of the first replies was a long CAD comic you had to scroll a lot and at the end was a superimposed image of Barney Rubble from The Flintstones flickering rapidly and erratically. Idk why it made me laugh as hard as it did but I nearly died and I would love to see that comic with good ol’ spazzing Barney some day again.

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 16, 2022

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Raspberry Bang posted:

I’m looking for the ending of this conservative Christmas movie. All I remember is a kid is on stage and there is a cut to a flashback, or maybe some footage of this guys last report, about some soldier in a cheap looking bunker talking about freedom and why he’s fighting. Then he gets blown up. The crowd cries and gives a slow clap.

This sounds like Last Ounce of Courage. I think this Seanbaby review captures its insanity nicely.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blue Moonlight posted:

This sounds like Last Ounce of Courage. I think this Seanbaby review captures its insanity nicely.

It's on Youtube! Here's the scene that Raspberry Bang was thinking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2biJXs37mY&t=4920s

(Jump ahead to 1:22:00 if the timestamp doesn't work)

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Yep that’s the one!

Specifically this scene.

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/1208174810066350080?s=20&t=b-ySyMVs60jnCap8nvkwpQ

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Edit: figured it out

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 16, 2022

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Over the last ~10 years, there have been a half dozen or so mock threads on tvtropes on the somethingawful forum. Occasionally I will stumble on one of the old ones by mistake when someone links it, but using either the forum search or google to find them never yields anything. Does a repository of links to them exist? On a related note, is there a link to the writing projects that came out of them? I think one of them was about writing poetry and I remember it being pretty interesting.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's on Youtube! Here's the scene that Raspberry Bang was thinking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2biJXs37mY&t=4920s

(Jump ahead to 1:22:00 if the timestamp doesn't work)

I believe Mike Huckabee was the executive producer on this. And that it somehow lost like 25 million dollars.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
I've been trying to find this music video I saw like, 5-8 years ago or so? I think it was just called "thank you", and has some dude in a hot tub with two girls singing "thank you satan for x" where x is like, war, bad things happening to good people, disease, bad drivers, going bald, etc. I think one of the three had horns, and it starts off very preachy before the satan reveal, and I think ends in a sunset or something. Very tongue in cheek.

It turns out googling any variation of "thank you satan" to find this isn't very helpful at all!!

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Invisible Clergy posted:

Over the last ~10 years, there have been a half dozen or so mock threads on tvtropes on the somethingawful forum. Occasionally I will stumble on one of the old ones by mistake when someone links it, but using either the forum search or google to find them never yields anything. Does a repository of links to them exist? On a related note, is there a link to the writing projects that came out of them? I think one of them was about writing poetry and I remember it being pretty interesting.

I’m too lazy to figure out what happened to the first thread, but here are the second through the fifth. There are links to related writing projects in the OP of the last thread, and they still seem to work. (Here’s the one about poetry.)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411591

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3436999

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470622&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569947

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lathespin.gif posted:

I've been trying to find this music video I saw like, 5-8 years ago or so? I think it was just called "thank you", and has some dude in a hot tub with two girls singing "thank you satan for x" where x is like, war, bad things happening to good people, disease, bad drivers, going bald, etc. I think one of the three had horns, and it starts off very preachy before the satan reveal, and I think ends in a sunset or something. Very tongue in cheek.

It turns out googling any variation of "thank you satan" to find this isn't very helpful at all!!

I swear that Jason Paige (the guy who did the original Pokemon theme) has a minor viral hit 5 years ago with something like this, but I can't find it on his channel.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
Yesssss, thank you! I found a mirrored copy, woot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvMMnfOV6mM

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Thanks a lot! If you or anyone else finds the first one, please let me know.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

Thanks a lot! If you or anyone else finds the first one, please let me know.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3385907

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
This is an extremely long shot, but what the hell.

If you were at college in Vermont in the year 2000 and loaned a friend your autographed copy of the book Moonwise, please get in touch. I think I still have it, and if I don’t, I want to reimburse you for it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

If you were at college in Vermont in the year 2000 and loaned a friend your autographed copy of the book Moonwise, please get in touch. I think I still have it, and if I don’t, I want to reimburse you for it.

Is the person who has it your true love?

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Kesper North posted:

Is the person who has it your true love?

Probably not, but it’s legitimately been haunting me for 22 years that I borrowed an autographed book and didn’t get the chance to give it back.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Can anybody help ID this book I saw on TV? Apologies for the low quality picture. It looks like it might say "The New SOMETHING SOMETHING".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
i'll poke around but primarily i'm fascinated why you are so interested in that book

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Thrill of the chase primarily. I guess I find it interesting finding out what characters are reading.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Thrill of the chase primarily. I guess I find it interesting finding out what characters are reading.

I thought you were just trying to recreate the fun we had with identifying a book from a fuzzy old family photograph a while ago

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
That was a fun part of the thread

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

Maybe you should specify WHICH college in Vermont.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yeah you need to narrow it down from

Vermont U
U of V
VU State
The new VU
UVU
Southern VU
Ol Monty
THE Vermont State University

And whatever is the Harvard of Vermont

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

shadow puppet of a posted:

And whatever is the Harvard of Vermont

Harverm

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Maybe you should specify WHICH college in Vermont.

Bennington.

If there was a separate Moonwise-loaning incident at a different school, I was not involved.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

TIP posted:

I thought you were just trying to recreate the fun we had with identifying a book from a fuzzy old family photograph a while ago
I am already prepared in case this takes over the thread too

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Can anybody help ID this book I saw on TV? Apologies for the low quality picture. It looks like it might say "The New SOMETHING SOMETHING".

Yeah definitely looks like THE NEW [... ....]

Sharpen filter didn't seem to help

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What movie/show is it and is there an HD source?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That appears to be a photograph you've taken of the screen. Is this some kind of wind up?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What's the TV show, and what episode

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
1136 potentials titles from archive.org

https://pastebin.com/mbWTt0P5

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 22, 2022

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Try the "Identify that book" thread in The Book Barn.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks, I'll try that thread.

The source is Season 1, episode 8 of House of Cards. Timestamp is 21:20. Ben Daniels character is having a phone conversation with Robin Wright and he's drinking a beer on the couch. The book is open on the couch next to him, and he stands up and walks away. There's no closer shot of the book than this.

My original picture was a phone pic of my laptop so apologies again for the quality. Here's a slightly better picture taken from a HiDef TV.

The title looks like it says The New Something Something. Daniels character is a photographer living in New York so I thought it might be something photography or NY related. The cover looks more orange in this version than the original yellow.

I thought for a second it might have been The New York Trilogy (a book I already own) but Google doesn't show me any editions having that same cover.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Third word looks like it starts "RE", fourth word looks like it starts with a T. Nothing matched in that archive.org pastebin at a glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
3rd word is too long for york, too. five or more letters i think