Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

spacetoaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elTgqUW-NYE

Who's the guy at the end escaping from the restraints?

That is a great trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

FilthyImp posted:

Compound V is made from Super Soldier Blood! :stonklol:

In the comics, the actual horror of Compound V's creation process is that it only costs about a nickel to make a gallon of it..

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like the show's focus on regular humans using whatever dirty tricks they can to fight supes rather than the comics where the Boys were also just drugged up on V. I feel like the show is drawing closer and closer to the comics where V was a readily accessible street drug. Hopefully that stuff with the Butcher is just a dream sequence or something.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish we'd get more of that. They've managed to kill a whole one supe so far using their human tactics. I wanna see em taking out whole teams with some macguyver poo poo

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Anyone know who the woman in the red costume is?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i basically enjoyed s2 at the time but i felt like they kind of ruined homelander as a villain and afterwards i have been pretty uninterested in the show

but the trailer showing that butcher at least is going to get powers is enough to make me curious what happens from there. just fuckin go for it, imo, no need to drag this out. don't need any more weak 'i'll release this tape if you don't play nice' stalling.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Chemtrailologist posted:

Anyone know who the woman in the red costume is?

Laurie Holden as Crimson Countess, I assume.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Thought the new guardians of justice show might be like the boys, but nope. Weird as gently caress. DDP as the Batman style guy is inspired casting though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FilthyImp posted:

Compound V is made from Super Soldier Blood! :stonklol:

Though it'd be much better if he was just kept in some holoworld because he had the Pure Uncut V that NaziGirl got and either had WW2/Nam shellshock or was just unstable

I wonder if the reveal will be that there never was an actual Soldier Boy that fought in WW2. They just found a dude with powers similar and created this elaborate mental delusion in him that he's the real deal. And left him to wake up in some random German bunker. It would certainly be a good PR spin that "oh no, the V we use is based on the defectors formula that created Soldier Boy, not Stormfront's husband."

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
But...that's the same man.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thought the new guardians of justice show might be like the boys, but nope. Weird as gently caress. DDP as the Batman style guy is inspired casting though.

I watched one ep and it’s a weird one. Like, Watchmen but not quite.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Exactly. It's like watchmen but with the star trek TOS budget. Finished the series last night, and it's... Unique?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched two episodes, and it looks loving awful. The two biggest stars in the cast are Diamond Dallas Page and Denise Richards. It's like an Asylum movie.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I watched two episodes, and it looks loving awful. The two biggest stars in the cast are Diamond Dallas Page and Denise Richards. It's like an Asylum movie.

See now, that's a "Yes, And?" proposition for me...

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Rewatching the Boys and it's pretty funny that immediately after Raynor's head explodes, it cuts to Neuman on a television.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is it season 3 yet?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Just found out that Karen Fukuhara has been physically assaulted by a racist. I hope someone goes full Billy Butcher on him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2022-03-17/karen-fukuhara-attacked-the-boys-stop-asian-hate

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That sucks, she seems like the sweetest person.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If any of the actors are Russian they gonna get it 10x worse.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Has anyone checked to see if Anthony Starr was drinking anywhere nearby?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

arent the kind of reactionary violent morons who would ever lash out at random minorities currently still proputin

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Jedit posted:

Just found out that Karen Fukuhara has been physically assaulted by a racist. I hope someone goes full Billy Butcher on him.

That's really sad. From her interviews, she seems really nice. Also, she's a great actress / voice actress.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Khanstant posted:

arent the kind of reactionary violent morons who would ever lash out at random minorities currently still proputin

Imo there are racists on both sides of the aisle they just package it differently. poo poo, Stormfront's girl power shtick wasn't meant to fool Republicans, it was to give fascism a woke paint job.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The most insane possible response to a hate crime against an Asian woman

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If any of the actors are Ukrainian children taking shelter in a theatre they already got it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The most insane possible response to a hate crime against an Asian woman

In hindsight, it was a bit calloused.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Next season Redband trailer out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elTgqUW-NYE

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
McG came up doing music videos and the man can do a montage.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wait, McG is working on The Boys?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Whoops, never mind I was wrong. I got him and Eric Kripke crossed.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm excited for what looks like to be a cheesy propaganda musical

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I got excited but this is the same thing that came out like two weeks ago

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jack Quaid is the guest on the last Red Letter Media drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1EOyY5Hpo

he's insanely funny and charming and handsome! So excited for Season 3 in June!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

His youthful energy is contagious.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if they're doing the Black Noir reveal this season or if they're just not adapting that part of his character.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if they're doing the Black Noir reveal this season or if they're just not adapting that part of his character.

Seems like it would be cheating, like, a lot if they let things play out like in the comics. We clearly see all the things Homelander does as he does them, and he seems to remember stuff like Becca quite clearly. They would have to show flashbacks of him jacking off on top of Lady Liberty every time ~*Black Noir did it*~ in his place.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sticklefifer posted:

It wouldn't work so well given that they've already shown part of his face and he's pretty black. The other half of the reveal though, the one where he was designed to be Homelander's shadow to kill him if he ever stepped out of line? That'd still work. Aside from his nut allergy, he seems to be the most competent and loyal of the heroes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The show we’ve got seems really incongruous with the original Black Noir plotline, and it would make all the awesome Homelander stuff we’ve been given seem lamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea I'm pretty sure BN is just a badass guy in this show. He's scarred as gently caress, so maybe his healing factor is a bit more like Deadpool than wolverine.

Mostly, he probably doesn't have time for all that behind the scenes crap, cause he's got his tea time :colbert: